The Queen of the South thread

From a Morton fan. Is Reid any good guys?

Solid enough in central defence, strong in the tackle. Offers little going forward & not noted for his distribution qualities. Set high standards in 2010/11 but as others have said never managed to maintain this last season. This I think was more to do with being played mostly at right back. No more than adequate in this position & proved prone to some rash challenges when deployed in this area. If played in the middle he should be a good signing for you guys.

Dissappointed to see the likes of Holmes and Lyle apparantly being considered by Magic, had hopes

of a new style of "football" and some "new" faces along with our youngsters. Having my doubts now.

Still looking forward to a fresh start. Just getting a little apprehensive now.

I am a big Homer fan but even I don't see where he will fit in with this new squad of players we have, but if he comes I will support him 110% as should everyone else. On the subject of Lyle, very surprised hopefully it is nothing more than an invitation. What is the score with Milligan?

Where is this notion that we are going to be masters of tiki-taka next season come from? A few throw away lines made by Johnston when he took over? Granted anything will be better than the horseshit served up last season, but at the end of the day we are a 2nd division club signing 2nd division players, don't expect Pirlo do turn up on trial!

Where is this notion that we are going to be masters of tiki-taka next season come from? A few throw away lines made by Johnston when he took over? Granted anything will be better than the horseshit served up last season, but at the end of the day we are a 2nd division club signing 2nd division players, don't expect Pirlo do turn up on trial!

Agreed, whilst i believe we've pulled off a coup by bringing back Gibson i think we've got be realistic and expect a few signings that shall be slightly underwhelming!

Which 2nd division players have we signed?

Which 2nd division players have we signed?

By definition anybody we sign is a 2nd division player :rolleyes:

Like others I'm not too keen on Holmer or Lyle returning. Would prefer a younger, hungrier forward

:rolleyes:

I don't think we have any chance o' gan back up wi' a team foo o' loosers an o' this blethering o' signing haddies like Holmes an' Lyle. A cannae see many mair than 700 pair folk at a dreekit cald hame gem wi' the licht o' Albion Rovers.

Guest Flash

Agreed, whilst i believe we've pulled off a coupby bringing back Gibson i think we've got be realistic and expect a few signings that shall be slightly underwhelming!

Most of last season's squad looked like they were pulled off a coup.

Newco Rangers

I would urge Queens fans to make their opinions known to our board via the board blog. Already a number of fans have done so. By reiterating our stance we can show them the strength of our opinion.

Guest TOPFITTER

Hopefully the club are no to NewCo in SFL1, do the right thing and voice your concerns.

The Committee of the Queens Trust have agreed to canvass the views of all Queens Trust members to enable the Trust to get the view of all the membership on the possible application for membership of the SFL by SEVCO (The Rangers Football Club) and the possible League reconstructions.

Follow link for full text, thanks for your views.

http://www.saveoursouth.co.uk/node/235