The Queen of the South thread

7 minutes ago, Mr X said:

They're out of contract, we cant stop them speaking to other clubs.

I’m aware of that but the future of our management team and having only one player signed up for next season is worrying. Suppose we want to see where we are playing our football next season. I’m positive we’ll pick up after recent results. 

16 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Gutted but not surprised.

Exactly the same. 

He's been a vital player, which has been proven by the form since he's been out. He deserves a move. Just a shame everyone's on 1 year contracts (understandably for most) and the club can't get a fee for them.

As for the kits. From those it has to be the yellow one. If it wasn't going to a fans vote the 3rd one would no doubt be chosen. Manufacturers seem to be loving the garish luminous stuff the now. Shame there's no maroon in any of the options after the popularity of this year's away.

5 minutes ago, ALOREBURNE said:

I’m aware of that but the future of our management team and having only one player signed up for next season is worrying. Suppose we want to see where we are playing our football next season. I’m positive we’ll pick up after recent results. 

Obviously players signing for other clubs is worrying but nothing can be done about it. No good keeping players who don't really want to be here. It's maybe a strange move by Todd though,  he could still be playing Championship football next year given Dundee's current position, the only thing is he'll be on better wages.  If Dundee do stay up it will be an even better move. Hopefully he gets back fit to help us maintain our Championship status. 

20 minutes ago, ALOREBURNE said:

Its no more or less worrying than it has been every other season.

11 minutes ago, kirkyblue2 said:

It’s worrying if we end up in the relegation playoff.

What difference will who we have signed up for next season make to the relegation play-off?

11 minutes ago, ALOREBURNE said:

Ok Mr Cool..

So, we should panic about something the club has no control over, other than signing up players to long term contracts it cant afford, and happens every year?

21 minutes ago, Mr X said:

What difference will who we have signed up for next season make to the relegation play-off?

So, we should panic about something the club has no control over, other than signing up players to long term contracts it cant afford, and happens every year?

Thought it would be obvious, if they’re not going to be here next season do you think they are going to bust a gut to keep us up?

11 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
16 minutes ago, kirkyblue2 said:
Thought it would be obvious, if they’re not going to be here next season do you think they are going to bust a gut to keep us up?

Don't think Dykes's performances have dropped tbf.

I don’t want to question their integrity but it’s human nature that if you’re moving on then you might not give 100% when push comes to shove. I’ve been a supporter for a long time and have  seen it in the past. Hopefully we are not in that position. Edited to add I think they should ban PCAs

Edited by kirkyblue2

I don’t want to question their integrity but it’s human nature that if you’re moving on then you might not give 100% when push comes to shove. I’ve been a supporter for a long time and have  seen it in the past. Hopefully we are not in that position.
If they already have their move I'm not sure why they would stop performing to the best of their ability. I know a lot of footballers are out for the money but 99% of them want to win every game they play so I've no doubt the players who sign PCA will continue to give their all.

1 minute ago, kirkyblue2 said:

Dykes isn't going to be here but his performances haven't significantly dropped.  The other loanees are in the same boat trying  to impress their parent clubs.  The players that are out of contract at the end of the season will be trying to impress to get a new deal or put themselves in the shop window for a move elsewhere.  Unless you actually think Todd is the type of player to give up just because he's got a move elsewhere in which case he's best out of it anyway.  As Mr X says,  the Club has no control over Todd or any player signing a PCA, we've just got to make the best of it.  Can you genuinely name any Queens player who signed a PCA and then decided not to try.