The Queen of the South thread

46 minutes ago, BeeJay said:

Well really sad that we did not, or could not, push the boat out and re-sign Michael Doyle.  I don'ty blame him if he has a better offer from elsewhere, it is after all a job and no doubt he has a mortgage to pay etc. I suppose the real annoying thing about Doyle going elsewhere is that he clearly liked being with us and I for one wish him well...but not against Queens!

Good thing is these Falkirk signings won't be playing against queens... 

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

12 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

So Doyle isn't really a RB then? Nice to see our longstanding tradition looks set to continue

Doyles preferred position is RB he will be fine in the seaside league. 

We'll miss Doyle, but more for his non-playing attributes than anything else.  It's hard to recall many players with as much heart and enthusiasm, and his leadership was much needed last season among a sea of timid shitebags.

However, as with most players who find their personality traits being talked up over their footballing ability it is for good reason, namely he is a fairly limited player.  He should coast the seaside league though, and is sure to become a fan's favourite.

I'm sad to see him go as he seems like great guy, and going by his words which I willing to take on face value, he appears to have built a bit of an affinity with the club.  I'm not going to lose any sleep over it though seeing as he was a regular part of an absolutely rank defence last season.  He is very replaceable and talk of "breaking the bank" to keep him is frankly nonsense.

He's better at CB.

I thought the complete contrary to this with his time at Alloa, albeit that was a few years back. He stormed up and down the pitch like a yo-yo, lacked a final cross many a time but never saw Doyley anywhere else in our team other than right back.

9 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

It's from an interview with Doyle on the back of the Standard today which Northfield has largely taken the main points from without crediting the source.

Looks like the Standard report today was a load of rubbish 

Doyle is off to Falkirk today he did not take long to make his mind up  

Doyle always gave 100% but he did make a few mistakes through the season like the mad own goal at Dundee U.T D. .

13 minutes ago, overthetop said:

Queens offering peanuts it seems. Fight for 8th place again. Great incentive to buy a season ticket.

How can Queens expect anyone to buy a season ticket when we only have 7 players and the likes of Marshall Stirling and Doyle have all gone this week 

7 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

How can Queens expect anyone to buy a season ticket when we only have 7 players and the likes of Marshall Stirling and Doyle have all gone this week 

The team needed a clear out. We only avoided automatic relegation last season on goal difference. Did you forget that ?!

11 minutes ago, the_palmy_pie said:

The team needed a clear out. We only avoided automatic relegation last season on goal difference. Did you forget that ?!

Will we get better than Marshall Stirling and Doyle on our budget I don't thing so .

Edited by Northfield 53

12 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

Will we get better than Marshall Stirling and Doyle on our budget I don't thing so .

Holt is better than Marshall.  Stirling blows hot and cold.  Doyle, I liked a lot and his versatility was useful.  

34 minutes ago, cooshedder said:

1919 QOS1919 move to Grangemouth if there so much better than us. We'll await your postcard from the clay hole and other exotic places 

Jesus, how can some people not grasp that a team pulling in regular crowds of 4000/5000 are able to pay far more than us and that players will accept these higher offers?! 

Get all the crowds they want they've achieved exactly the same as us in the last 10 years. No less actually who finished 4th to hearts hibs and rangers. Always say finish above Falkirk and we'll be in the play offs not at the right end of the league this time but some might say a better outcome. No fan should be OK about a player moving to a rival because they will be again and probably for a long long time again