The Queen of the South thread

10 minutes ago, steakpiegravy said:

To be fair though Dobbie went through a fairly prolonged spell of unDobbieness last season where the main issue was we didn't have any obvious replacement. I'd hope AJ in those circumstances has the balls to drop him to the bench and play Murray.

Dobbs is another year older so am sure AJ & SC will look after his fitness more due to extra forward players on the books this season. 

On the strength of his performances last season Kilday couldn’t complain about being released, but he was still the least bad of our centre backs over the course of the season and I’d have liked to see if he could recover his pre-injury form with a full pre-season.

Even when he was good he was prone to the occasional daft mistake through a lack of concentration, but from a bombscare in League One when he first signed for us he’d turned into a solid Championship centre back who was good enough to get offers from Premiership clubs. He regressed back to mediocrity last season but there’ll always be far worse centre backs in this division.

Edited by Dunning1874

Just now, 19QOS19 said:
7 minutes ago, Scosha said:
Goalkeeper. Was on loan with us last season. 

We do need another gk tbf. Any good?

Put in some decent performances and had a memorable number of saves. Prone to coming off his line too early/when not needed which lead to a couple of goals last season but he's pretty good. 

13 minutes ago, Scosha said:

Put in some decent performances and had a memorable number of saves. Prone to coming off his line too early/when not needed which lead to a couple of goals last season but he's pretty good. 

Is he vocal and an organiser?  Does he command his area and at least try and deal with crosses into the box?  That's really the basics he needs to be an upgrade on the #1 he's replacing. 

Just now, SUPERSOUTH said:

Hopefully Mcrorie is done deal, He is a very good young goalkeeper that can only improve by playing every week in Championship. I was impressed with him at Morton last season. 

Impressed me as well last season but so did Martin before we signed him  !!! 

Live blog of the East Fife friendly here from a local newspaper, who, unlike the official sources, don't need to call every trialist A Trialist. Michael Paton with an assist. Three trialists in the squad. I am assuming one is McRorie. Not sure who the other one is. Semple and Hamilton on the bench. For a still very incomplete squad, it's not a bad lineup.

QoS - Trialist, Mercer, Holt, Brownlie, Kilday, Kidd, Trialist, Oliver, Trialist, Dobbie, Murray.
Subs - Irving, E Gourlay, D Gourlay, Semple, Hamilton.

https://www.fifetoday.co.uk/sport/football/east-fife-v-queen-of-the-south-updates-and-reaction-1-4957918