The Queen of the South thread

2 hours ago, Toshson said:

I remember Allan Johnston recieving a fair few negative comments about signing a certain Derek Young during his first transfer window. That came back to bite them, without a shadow of a doubt. The best thing would be let him get on with it under his restricted transfer budget. Hopefully he can find another few like Young.

Derek Young didn't have a history of injuries as far as I recall or spend more time out injured than he did playing though. 

8 minutes ago, AJ77 said:

Lee kilday n Rico quitongo only trialists I could notice from yous today

Trialist keeper as well .

Not that this matters in a friendly but Queens won 2 -1  think we can all guess who got the Queens goals 

Derek Young didn't have a history of injuries as far as I recall or spend more time out injured than he did playing though. 
Never mentioned Paton in my post. It's all about the doom and gloom. Give the bloke a chance to get a squad together, with his budget it can't be easy. If he can match some of the performance s when he was here the last time, that'll do for me.

How many games will it take not conceding from a set play before the habit is broken?

The “goals lost from crosses or set plays” thing is only relevant if someone can be arsed to do the stats and compare us to every other team in the league. Lots of goals are scored from crosses or set plays.

1 hour ago, SueSue said:

How many games will it take not conceding from a set play before the habit is broken?

I've no idea but it's been a tiresome feature of our recent play.

We're obviously going to concede from set pieces or for that matter cross balls  as all teams do but it's not  rocket science to think that such a frailty has cost us points in recent times

8 hours ago, sidofthesouth said:

The “goals lost from crosses or set plays” thing is only relevant if someone can be arsed to do the stats and compare us to every other team in the league. Lots of goals are scored from crosses or set plays.

I read in one of those football/economics books that teams only score from a corner about once in every ten matches.  It was cited alongside claims that Mourinho was initially baffled to observe the expectant roar of English fans when their side won a corner.

If that's the case, or anything like it, at our level, then it would suggest that we definitely conceded more than our fair share that way last season.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

If almost 70% of your goals conceded are from crosses then I'd say it's relevant on it's own regardless of how it compares to other teams. It was clearly a concern for the past two seasons and hopefully AJ addresses it this season.

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
11 hours ago, sidofthesouth said:

If almost 70% of your goals conceded are from crosses then I'd say it's relevant on it's own regardless of how it compares to other teams. It was clearly a concern for the past two seasons and hopefully AJ addresses it this season.

Edited by baw heid