The Queen of the South thread

On 29/09/2019 at 11:39, Northfield 53 said:

Jack Hamilton easily played his best game but he is a Dykes of maybe 5 years ago really raw and has a lot to learn.

Has to be more aggressive for me he does not put himself about enough .

We really need midfield players Paton Kidd McCarthy and now Lyon are not good enough looks like AJ had signed quantity rather than quality.

Paton has zero pace, Kidd doesn't add much to the mix. I think Lyon, the jury is still out but, aye, I think we've signed quantity over quality. 

Dumbarton have signed Adam Frizzell on loan. What kind of player are we getting? Pish? Good? Quick? Slow? Best position?

You could argue he was brought in to replace Thomas for us ironically enough. Massive downgrade.

I don't think he was given enough game time for us to say he was simply pish but I never rated him from what I saw. He's pretty nippy and did look keen on taking players on so with a bit of encouragement he might do well for you. He was used out wide for us. I recall him being on the right but for some reason have it in my head he was left footed. A spell in a lower division might do him good.

35 minutes ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

Paton has zero pace, Kidd doesn't add much to the mix. I think Lyon, the jury is still out but, aye, I think we've signed quantity over quality. 

Think these 1st two signings & McCarthy were panic signings before the betfred cup because we didn't have any midfield left from last season. 

Looks like we are going to lose another signing target to Dunfermline .

Harry Cochrane and now Daniel Armstrong looks like he will be offered a deal.

AJ said he was after 2 free agents if he got 1 of them he would be happy .

Aird is away to Cove Rangers and now Armstrong the money we must be offering must be very poor I suppose that is why we have the likes of McCarthy Paton Kidd and now Lyon with us none could get a deal anywhere else 

18 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

Looks like we are going to lose another signing target to Dunfermline .

Harry Cochrane and now Daniel Armstrong looks like he will be offered a deal.

AJ said he was after 2 free agents if he got 1 of them he would be happy .

Aird is away to Cove Rangers and now Armstrong the money we must be offering must be very poor I suppose that is why we have the likes of McCarthy Paton Kidd and now Lyon with us none could get a deal anywhere else 

Just need to get the other one then.... 

The solution to the problem of all the shit players we have is not to sign more shit players.

I don’t know how anyone could want us to sign Aird after seeing him last season. I don’t think he featured at all under Johnston either so I can’t imagine he was ever a realistic target.

Then again we signed Kidd and Paton so reasoning and logic are out the window this season.

It really needs to be a cracker. Would be happy with big Wilson but no idea if he's available. As long as it's a midfielder who isn't completely done at this level then it'll surely be an improvement.

12 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

It really needs to be a cracker. Would be happy with big Wilson but no idea if he's available. As long as it's a midfielder who isn't completely done at this level then it'll surely be an improvement.

Wilson is a Kilmarnock player. The window for loans to the Championship closed about 5 weeks ago! We can only sign free agents who were free agents at 31 August.