The Queen of the South thread

20 minutes ago, Benji said:

Who comes in if AJ goes? How do we afford to get rid of him? 

Any news on the new director that was supposed to be joining the board this month? 

Use the money from Brownlie and Bakhttoiua....His Times up.

Having listened to AJ after Match interview all I can say is - He is to blame for results over the last few weeks. He keeps saying we must Defend better yet he played the same players Inc an inexperienced reserve spfl CB with No first team experience today... 

He says recent run of results havn't been good enough!

WOW would never have guessed that! The one thing that might help that is for the board to get someone else to pick the team... 

If not AJ do the right thing CALLUM SEMPLE MUST START the next game & you must  play players in ther proper positions preferably a 442 formation to get best out of Dobbie. 

I was very surprised to see Murray start in those conditions today, No surprise he has done his hamstring again.. Poor management of the player... 

'Magic' it's time to dissappear..... Before Queens disappear out the Championship....... 

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

I just don't know where we go from here or where the next point will come from. At least last season we had the pleasure of watching the record breaking goals tally for Dobbs and a couple of great results in the league against Ayr and Ross County. What happens next...? I know the obvious answer...

I'm shocked he never blamed the conditions, just the players this week. Was the second goal today a cross as well? That'd make it the 9th one we've conceded from our last 10 goals.

More of a cutback, lashed in by Hilson from around the penalty spot

Yep a cutback but absolutely awful defending nonetheless. An Arbroath throw in and Swankie received the ball from it absolutely unchallenged and cut it back for the goal. Dreadful from our point of view. Just dire.

Is anybody else wondering if Iain Wilson is some sort of jinx? He didn’t play in many winning league games last season and sadly the trend is continuing.
The problem isn't Wilson. It's the guy who brought him here that's the issue.

It's horrible when your team is on the kind of run we are right now but it's all part of being a supporter.

People obviously get emotional, especially in the aftermath of another defeat, but some of the hysterical nonsense being spouted is just ridiculous.

Through no fault of our own we lost 3 first team regulars in January at a time when you look to strengthen what you already have.

We have a defence the majority of whom have not long met each other let alone played together - that is obviously going to take time to gel as a unit.

This League is ridiculously tight - Dundee Utd apart - and any one of 5, possibly 6 teams, could end up bottom two at the end of the season.

Seems to me we had a poor run at this time last season under 'Gary' but the sentiment was to " get behind Gary and the boys - what's the difference now?

Just because he wasn't a cool head like AJ and showed his emotions seems to have taken a few people in at that time  - the reality being he took us to within 6 goals of automatic relegation.

Personally, I can't be doing with demonstrative Managers and much prefer a level head which doesn't mean you don't care.

AJ had to rebuild a squad, as we all know, on a very modest budget coming into this season so why anyone would think we were going to be challenging top end without any problem is mystifying.

The frustration is, I think, with the exception of DU the teams are very close and anyone can beat anyone on their day - even them - and that Alloa and particularly Arbroath are performing way better than anyone thought.   Any sort of winning run will catapult a team up the League but we have not been consistent enough yet to achieve that - see previous reasons.

Let's calm down, keep the faith and maybe we'll avoid automatic relegation by 7 goals this season and AJ will guide us through the play-offs again !

Selling players you have under contract is a choice. It’s just not correct to say we lost Brownlie (thereby strengthening an immediate rival) and El Bak but had no control over that. We were made offers for both and chose to sell.

Edit too add I actually see a fair bit of similarity between GN and AJ. Both are stubborn to a level that can hold the team back and neither ever acknowledge that they might have made an error.

24 minutes ago, Nithsdale Wanderer said:

It's horrible when your team is on the kind of run we are right now but it's all part of being a supporter.

People obviously get emotional, especially in the aftermath of another defeat, but some of the hysterical nonsense being spouted is just ridiculous.

Through no fault of our own we lost 3 first team regulars in January at a time when you look to strengthen what you already have.

We have a defence the majority of whom have not long met each other let alone played together - that is obviously going to take time to gel as a unit.

This League is ridiculously tight - Dundee Utd apart - and any one of 5, possibly 6 teams, could end up bottom two at the end of the season.

Seems to me we had a poor run at this time last season under 'Gary' but the sentiment was to " get behind Gary and the boys - what's the difference now?

Just because he wasn't a cool head like AJ and showed his emotions seems to have taken a few people in at that time  - the reality being he took us to within 6 goals of automatic relegation.

Personally, I can't be doing with demonstrative Managers and much prefer a level head which doesn't mean you don't care.

AJ had to rebuild a squad, as we all know, on a very modest budget coming into this season so why anyone would think we were going to be challenging top end without any problem is mystifying.

The frustration is, I think, with the exception of DU the teams are very close and anyone can beat anyone on their day - even them - and that Alloa and particularly Arbroath are performing way better than anyone thought.   Any sort of winning run will catapult a team up the League but we have not been consistent enough yet to achieve that - see previous reasons.

Let's calm down, keep the faith and maybe we'll avoid automatic relegation by 7 goals this season and AJ will guide us through the play-offs again !

Plenty were moaning about Naysmith as our nosedive gathered pace last season.

Suggesting that our problem is inconsistency, is sadly way wide of the mark.  We're actually hideously consistent.

Anyone think its strange that the 3 loan signings in the latest transfer window have played every game even although the manager criticises the defending. A keeper. an 18 year old boy and even manages to slot the midfielder into the defence. Looks like he intends to play them every week. Mystifies me

3 minutes ago, baw heid said:

Anyone think its strange that the 3 loan signings in the latest transfer window have played every game even although the manager criticises the defending. A keeper. an 18 year old boy and even manages to slot the midfielder into the defence. Looks like he intends to play them every week. Mystifies me

Part of the loan deal is it less money to pay their main club if we play them? ....