The Queen of the South thread

Is it right that Rangers season tickets allow them into Ramsdens Cup games? If so, might that explain why they want to play us on a CL night (contrary to the agreement with UEFA) and have it live on Alba? The lower the crowd, the lower the amount of the season ticket money they would have to pay Queens, which means they probably benefit from having a lower crowd. While we don't.

No. No idea where that's come from. Rangers season tickets do not let them into Ramsdens Cup games. On the contrary, as seen in press adverts this morning (there's certainly an advert on the back page of The Sun), Rangers are actually offering their season ticket holders a £2 discount to buy tickets for the match and meeting the difference from their own funds. Fair play to them, they are actively trying to encourage a crowd.

No. No idea where that's come from. Rangers season tickets do not let them into Ramsdens Cup games. On the contrary, as seen in press adverts this morning (there's certainly an advert on the back page of The Sun), Rangers are actually offering their season ticket holders a £2 discount to buy tickets for the match and meeting the difference from their own funds. Fair play to them, they are actively trying to encourage a crowd.

It came from Rangers fan Tedi in the Domestic Cup forum - post #60 on this thread which you replied to in post #70.

It does say "some" season tickets, but it would appear that certain tickets cover Ramsdens games as well.

My link

According to the thread on the cup forum, Rangers season ticket holders are getting a £2 discount on tickets for the Queens game, which the club are making up before the money is split with us.

So, no.

See link in above post.

So, yes.

It came from Rangers fan Tedi in the Domestic Cup forum - post #60 on this thread which you replied to in post #70.

It does say "some" season tickets, but it would appear that certain tickets cover Ramsdens games as well.

My link

Fair enough, I'd forgotten about that post. Rangers haven't suggested to us that any season ticket holders get the game included in their ticket but if Tedi says it's so then I guess he would know (he doesn't appear to be on the windup). It clearly isn't the case for many of them or they wouldn't be taking out adverts in the national press trying to promote the sale of tickets to season ticket holders.

As I said in that reply there is a complicated formula based on the size of the overall crowd for how many season ticket holders can theoretically be let in. Most clubs ignore it. If Rangers are using it then if the numbers involved are of any significance they'll just end up paying us for the privilege.

Either way, clearly they are giving themselves costs to try to boost the crowd so the notion that it's in Rangers' interest financially to suppress the crowd is wrong.

Fair enough, I'd forgotten about that post. Rangers haven't suggested to us that any season ticket holders get the game included in their ticket but if Tedi says it's so then I guess he would know (he doesn't appear to be on the windup). It clearly isn't the case for many of them or they wouldn't be taking out adverts in the national press trying to promote the sale of tickets to season ticket holders.

As I said in that reply there is a complicated formula based on the size of the overall crowd for how many season ticket holders can theoretically be let in. Most clubs ignore it. If Rangers are using it then if the numbers involved are of any significance they'll just end up paying us for the privilege.

Either way, clearly they are giving themselves costs to try to boost the crowd so the notion that it's in Rangers' interest financially to suppress the crowd is wrong.

Fair enough, but you can see that it might have been possible, based on the other thread.

I don't buy rags like the Sun, so didn't see the advert. ;)

How much money will Queens get from bbc Alba ? It is £82,500 from Sky but not sure what the bbc pay does anyone know

The game being live on T.V. will take a few 1000 off the gate prob be lucky to get £20,000 at the game.

Think we will take around 1000 which is not bad for a midweek game.

How much money will Queens get from bbc Alba ? It is £82,500 from Sky but not sure what the bbc pay does anyone know

The game being live on T.V. will take a few 1000 off the gate prob be lucky to get £20,000 at the game.

Think we will take around 1000 which is not bad for a midweek game.

I think we'll take a lot more than 1000 to be honest.

Its been a combination of a few different reasons . Emerging talent thats better one year on , absolute dross getting punted , keeping our good performers from last season and a few

inspired signings ( Durnan ,Gibson , Lyle, Mitchell and now the return of Paul Burns ) . Probably the biggest reason is having a boss that wants to try and play good football as opposed to one that doesn't.

Cheers.

Degsy was pretty decent for us.

Ali Dia

Linky

Chisholm fell for the same kind of scam more than once. Only difference was Souness recognised his mistake after about 20 minutes whereas Chisholm never noticed anything was wrong.

Guest TOPFITTER

Come on folks, get the bids in please for a good cause.

Any Queens fans fancy getting a season ticket for the rest of this exciting season could check out the link below, an auction being run by the Trust for Tommy Jardine, (West Sound Radio) proceeds to be split between the Cash For Kids charity and the Queens Trust.

http://www.saveoursouth.co.uk/node/257