The Queen of the South thread

4 hours ago, football maniac said:

See the game at home to Hearts has been moved to friday night for BBC coverage. A massive blow as that would have been a potential money maker with the stream service.

I personally think that league games should be selected for live broadcast before the season starts, any request after this time should be rejected by the league.   That way all parties know what they are dealing with, and can plan accordingly.

Of course with the calibre of people running our game, such a logical action is unlikely to happen.

1 minute ago, Katboy said:

I personally think that league games should be selected for live broadcast before the season starts, any request after this time should be rejected by the league.   That way all parties know what they are dealing with, and can plan accordingly.

Of course with the calibre of people running our game, such a logical action is unlikely to happen.

Right, and potentially handcuff yourself to a ream of midtable battles over nothing, and have no flexibility to choose relegation/promotion crunches as they pop up?

Winning formula m8. Can't think why broadcasters don't sign up for that.

See the game at home to Hearts has been moved to friday night for BBC coverage. A massive blow as that would have been a potential money maker with the stream service.
Horrible news. Means a wider audience will witness us being slaughtered ffs.
Partick and Falkirk getting relegated in recent seasons shows you really can't predict what games are going to be worth watching pre-season.

Though Hearts Vs QoS being picked is a bit of a head scratcher given it'll consist of us sitting with 11 men behind the ball waiting for the inevitable Hearts goal to come. Maybe they expect lots of goals but I'd rather watch a game that is competitive tbh.

http://qosfc.com/news-5298?fbclid=IwAR2CSUekVWah8SMOu_mrh8AdMaafHEvSTDaMUwt2KPn-kchBh4aWzJnxkHg

Queens have released information regarding the return of fans 
Is there a reason we don't release actual figures in regards to our ST numbers? And it would have been nice to know how many we are allowing in (though I assume they can't tell us that until they have been given approval). Bit of a shitter for ST holders mind you not guaranteed entry but I appreciate the safety first approach.

Is there a reason we don't release actual figures in regards to our ST numbers? And it would have been nice to know how many we are allowing in (though I assume they can't tell us that until they have been given approval). Bit of a shitter for ST holders mind you not guaranteed entry but I appreciate the safety first approach.

I think it would also be interesting to know how many people are streaming our home games, but that info doesn’t seem to be available/get publicised, unless I’ve missed it?

15 minutes ago, TxRover said:

@Skyline Drifter, with the 19/12/20 game moved, the 16/1/21 Allova v Hearts game is the second not televised...but since the Raith game at Stark's was moved to 26/1/21, and isn't shown on the schedule, that'll be the third...looks good for you...but lasted longer than either of us expected.

Wouldnt say it did. I always thought it would likely be January. We wont count chickens though till they are actually played and not broadcast.

58 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Wouldnt say it did. I always thought it would likely be January. We wont count chickens though till they are actually played and not broadcast.

Agreed, but it certainly looks like I’m the one laying an egg.

7 hours ago, ALOREBURNE said:

http://qosfc.com/news-5298?fbclid=IwAR2CSUekVWah8SMOu_mrh8AdMaafHEvSTDaMUwt2KPn-kchBh4aWzJnxkHg

Queens have released information regarding the return of fans 

Being a selfish old git this bit caught my eye.

With that in mind we have taken the decision that in the interest of health and safety for the initial matches, no one under the age of 12 can be accommodated as a lone application or anyone who lives out with Dumfries and Galloway. 

I have a season ticket and don't live in D&G, but I think this is a sensible stance as we tip toe back to normality.  Top level clubs and our so called football leaders have scored multiple own goals in recent weeks.  I believe there are people in power who would love to find faults, so let's take one step at a time and give them nothing to pick at.  However, I hope that we will quickly move to a situation where fans are allowed to come to games if travel is compliant with the law at the time the game is played.   

A ballot is the only practical way to deal with a situation where we have more season ticket holders than the 300 limit.  However, I really hope that we find a way to make sure Jim McCormick is one of the 300.  If not then he needs to be a ball boy  😁

Mmhhh, I’m sure I’ve been able to search previous seasons well within the last 10 years!
Any chance you can work your magic to reinstate the search function?!
And I'm absolutely certain you couldn't! You can switch seasons on the fixtures page and league table (and the stats page when it worked) but never the news page. The news items only hold a date they don't have any connection to the season.

It's on the list of things to do but there's a lot of other things going on right now so it's not going to be for a while, I'm afraid. Getting the ballot setup for fans coming back is top of the list right now.

Is there minimum pricing in the Scottish Cup this season? So, if we are drawn at home, any ST holders who attend would have to pay? 
Don't know about minimum pricing but I'm guessing season ticket holders would have to pay for a cup game. They have every other season and they paid for streaming for the betfred Cup games

1 hour ago, Mustafa_sheet said:

Mmhhh, I’m sure I’ve been able to search previous seasons well within the last 10 years!

Any chance you can work your magic to reinstate the search function?!

You have definitely never been able to search the current incarnation of the website by season. And it's been in place for about 10 years I think.

6 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Don't know about minimum pricing but I'm guessing season ticket holders would have to pay for a cup game. They have every other season and they paid for streaming for the betfred Cup games

Fair enough. Just wasn’t that clear from the article on the OS which mentions the potential for a home Cup game as the reason why all ST holders should have a chance to attend. Suppose it could be clarified later on (if necessary) as there might not be a home cup game anyway.