The Queen of the South thread

3 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Surely Billy Hewitson has to sack the management tonight after that showing today!! Pathetic.... 

The problem is that this game was probably a free hit for Johnston,  we weren't expected to win,  difference in budgets,  blah blah, lose many against teams around us and he should be out. 

Morton’s surprise win at Dunfermline doesn’t help because I was hopeful that we might have been able to classify them in the “diddy” bracket alongside ourselves and the two PT teams. A six point gap over us is a nice cushion in a curtailed programme.

Just now, FrankReynolds said:

2 wins in nearly a year. 1 against a part time team in our league and 1 against a team in a lower division. 

What must (or mustn't) AJ do to get sacked? He should have been gone long before now. 

I can’t think of a manager with a worse record that we’ve kept. The budget excuse only goes so far because if it was that bad, we should have gone part-time, even if only for the season. At least that way we might have got some battlers in the team instead of the gutless rabble Johnston has assembled. I mean, fair enough that low wages only attracts low quality. But you’d think they would still put in the odd challenge here and there.
He has to go. And some of those players should not be far behind him. Sadly, I don’t think we will be able to afford the clear out that is required.

31 minutes ago, Flash said:

I can’t think of a manager with a worse record that we’ve kept. The budget excuse only goes so far because if it was that bad, we should have gone part-time, even if only for the season. At least that way we might have got some battlers in the team instead of the gutless rabble Johnston has assembled. I mean, fair enough that low wages only attracts low quality. But you’d think they would still put in the odd challenge here and there.
He has to go. And some of those players should not be far behind him. Sadly, I don’t think we will be able to afford the clear out that is required.

Not just us, I can't think of any manager other than AJ who has been able to hold down the same job for so long whilst being abysmally poor at it. His record speaks for itself, is it 8 wins in 36 games? 

Yeah, I don't buy into the budget excuses either. Pandemic or not, we still have to compete and we're not even doing that at the moment. Agree with you with putting in the odd challenge as well, I thought the only hope we had today was that Hearts would have an eye on next week and not commit to many 50/50 challenges so we'd at least rough them up a bit. But i didn't see one decent challenge, we were far too soft, again.  

I fear he'll be here till his contract runs out. Everything that's happened with Covid keeping us up and no fans at the games has absolutely worked in his favour. 

Edited by FrankReynolds

There are particular factors that AJ could cite as mitigating, but as said, they have actually worked in his favour.

I think most of us recognise and accept the huge need for our side to be affordable right now, but even allowing for that, they've been poorly recruited, deployed and directed.

I see logic in keeping things afloat cheaply for now, hoping that a couple of clubs are worse, but even that's looking forlorn I think.  If we can possibly afford to change manager, we very clearly should.

9 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

We sack AJ get a new manager in does that suddenly mean we start winning games .

Any new manager would struggle with our budget how can you attract decent players on the wages we pay .

No it doesn't suddenly mean the team will start winning games but atleast it gives the new manager the chance yo recruit properly in Jan not like AJ in the summer..... 

3 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

We sack AJ get a new manager in does that suddenly mean we start winning games .

Any new manager would struggle with our budget how can you attract decent players on the wages we pay 

I don't think any managerial change will bring about an immediate transformation.  I've already said that I think our players simply aren't good enough.  

Obviously though, the identity of our manager is instrumental in that fact, even before we consider any failings on match days. 

Again, keeping the club sustainable matters more I suppose than  short term concerns on the pitch; but the two aren't unrelated.  

Basically, if AJ stays in charge, the club is not taking steps to resist relegation.  Maybe that's seen as expedient, but it's quite a statement and it's unmistakable.

Any new manager would struggle with our budget how can you attract decent players on the wages we pay .

Aye let’s just accept conceding about an average of 3 goals a game. Let’s accept majority have been gifted to other teams.

I’ve said before this season was always going to be difficult. But if we’re going with lesser standard of players we should be working on tactics, defensive shape etc more than anything so we can set up to try frustrate teams, keep ourselves in games and nick something. Instead of conceding one a capitulating.

Another thing this playing dobbie through the middle himself doesn’t work. It barely worked last year, get it fucking changed.

I'm sure there was talk before the window closed that we were still looking to bring another couple of players in, which obviously never happened. That cash needs to be put towards getting this management team out of the door.

Edited by die hard doonhamer

He should go now. The results over the past year with two separate squads,  have been shocking. 

Don’t get me wrong, I think we need a change at board level too.  I have no doubt the Chairman and directors care about the club. However, we have been on the slide for about four or five years now with no sign of it reversing. 

Managers come and go, but the board has been in place all along and must take responsibility too.  Some fresh ideas at the top wouldn’t go amiss. 

Edited by qos_75

AJ saying team needs learn to defend better.... GUESS what AJ you've  only signed THREE defenders!!!!! 🙈 & They have turned out to be alot worse and pea hearted compared to last seasons. 

Edited by SUPERSOUTH