The Queen of the South thread

Sign Obileye now for next season. Otherwise others will start sniffing around....

Absolute no brainer - he is outstanding and what a great finisher he is. I can’t believe he wasn’t worth a contract in either English League 1 or League 2. A superb signing and some of AJ’s signings have been outstanding.

57 minutes ago, JessieField said:

If only the season was 36 games instead of 27.

I'm quite happy to get it finished asap,  we're doing great just now,  it would be very Queens-like  to fall apart if we had an extra 9 games.  I'll be even happier if/when our games won is greater than games lost and we have a plus goal difference.  

Who will be the first to plead with the board to sign up AJ on a 4 year deal? 🤣🤣

I have to say that the turn around is nothing short of sensational, I definitely had us in the bottom two come the end of the season with the way things were going up to the Festive games.

Credit to the management team and the players for turning it around.  Can't believe that I'm now thinking cautiously about making the play-offs.

Just now, queenslad said:

Was it also Arbroath at Palmerston that Queens were a goal down and player sent off before AJ changed formation and we ran out 4-1 winners

Yes, although it was 5-1. We were behind and Mark Durnan had been sent off. We went 3-3-3 at half time and scored 5 in the second half.

6 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Yes, although it was 5-1. We were behind and Mark Durnan had been sent off. We went 3-3-3 at half time and scored 5 in the second half.

That one did spring to mind too. 

5 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

I'd travelled down from Perth to "visit" my mother and at half time I thought "That was a waste of f**cking time"

It was great to be wrong !

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
17 minutes ago, QoSinPerth said:
I'd travelled down from Perth to "visit" my mother and at half time I thought "That was a waste of f**cking time"
It was great to be wrong !

Your poor mother!

Mmm .🤣 - Yes didn't phrase that very well. 🙊.  

5 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

Since the boxing day pumping at the hands of Dundee and the George Galloway shambles;

Played 11, Won 8, Drawn 2 and lost 1

It really is incredible the turnaround since then. December was a low point and I was all for getting shot of the the lot them.  Clearly I was wrong and I don’t mind saying so.

The players brought in on loan in January and the team in general just seem to have clicked since then.  As far as I was concerned we were down and out.  

There is still a long way to go, but to be in the hunt for a promotion play-off spot from where we were is ridiculous. Hats off to AJ and the team.  

Of course with the success of the turn round it makes AJ more of an attraction for other clubs who need a Manager. As many on here have said who would have thought that we would be where we are back in December when most, including me, would have been happy to see a change of management team. Clearly the fact that we sign a new team almost every year of late is a problem so hopefully some thought is being given to signing some of the squad for next season. Big Ayo, Shields and a few others must be top of the re-sign list.