The Queen of the South thread

In the light of our injury situation a win today would bring a really big three points.  Something tells me that breaching the 30 point mark in this shortened season would go a long way to achieving safety - not sure why cos I haven't done any analysis but in a full season I used to always target 42 points for safety (again without doing any analysis of the stats).  Having lost Jones and only having Dapo for maybe two more games we need to maximise what we can this week and next.  Fingers crossed and hope I haven't jinxed this!

In the light of our injury situation a win today would bring a really big three points.  Something tells me that breaching the 30 point mark in this shortened season would go a long way to achieving safety - not sure why cos I haven't done any analysis but in a full season I used to always target 42 points for safety (again without doing any analysis of the stats).  Having lost Jones and only having Dapo for maybe two more games we need to maximise what we can this week and next.  Fingers crossed and hope I haven't jinxed this!

Yes - in our run of great wins we were heavy second favs in most if not all of them. Now we are in the unusual position of being favourites but we are all well aware of the threat that a wounded Alloa side pose. Really hope the players go into this one with the same level of commitment as they have demonstrated recently. AJ must be wondering what additional bad luck can be thrown in his direction - these injuries simply beggar belief. Hope Dapo goes out in a blaze of glory today and next week. We really could have done with Dobbie pitching in with some of his brilliance but that is looking less and less likely with every week that goes by. Worried about today but hoping for the best.

Yes - in our run of great wins we were heavy second favs in most if not all of them. Now we are in the unusual position of being favourites but we are all well aware of the threat that a wounded Alloa side pose. Really hope the players go into this one with the same level of commitment as they have demonstrated recently. AJ must be wondering what additional bad luck can be thrown in his direction - these injuries simply beggar belief. Hope Dapo goes out in a blaze of glory today and next week. We really could have done with Dobbie pitching in with some of his brilliance but that is looking less and less likely with every week that goes by. Worried about today but hoping for the best.
A lot of these injuries seem to be happening off the pitch. You wonder a bit what is happening in training or if it's just that we are extremely unlucky with injuries this season. It is of course most likely the latter but it's only natural you question the former.

A lot of these injuries seem to be happening off the pitch. You wonder a bit what is happening in training or if it's just that we are extremely unlucky with injuries this season. It is of course most likely the latter but it's only natural you question the former.

Yes I agree but I think some players seem able to pitch up and play every week and others the exact opposite. McKee and Nortey have had a terrible time of it but despite rating McKee I am not sure that his style of play necessarily fits in to the Championship hurly burly.

38 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Today's result was not good but Morton,  Ayr and Arbroath losing too takes a bit of sting out of it. 

Ye it wasn't so much not getting the points it was the loss of possibly another 2 players for 3 games when we are already struggling for numbers with mebude possible last game next Sat too.... 🤦‍♂️

35 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Today's result was not good but Morton,  Ayr and Arbroath losing too takes a bit of sting out of it. 

More of a worry today was how easily we are conceding goals again in saying that we had no chance when the ref is that bad ..

Surely we will appeal  the Ayo red card no way was that a red 

There was a lot of below average performances today but the biggest reason behind that defeat was an awful refereeing decision that had us on the back foot for a whole half. I'm willing to cut the players some slack today given that and the fact they've been excellent recently. Hopefully a better official and back to their best next week.

I have seen us play a lot worse and win that’s for sure. Even with 10 men we more than held our own. With the suspensions we now face on top of everything else we will be down to the bare bones not for the first time this season.Maybe a chance for Dickson to show what he can do as we will be very short in midfield.

I have seen us play a lot worse and win that’s for sure. Even with 10 men we more than held our own. With the suspensions we now face on top of everything else we will be down to the bare bones not for the first time this season.Maybe a chance for Dickson to show what he can do as we will be very short in midfield.
Aye that was my thinking as well. I don't know whether we have just improved considerably or whether Alloa are really bad but I doubt someone tuning in for the second half would have known it was 10 vs 11 (unless they counted). We weren't threatening as much but we more than held our own. It makes the winner all the more frustrating mind you. I can't say I feel angry towards any players today with the slight exception to McCabe for his stupidity.

A win yesterday and we would have been very strong Play Off contenders. Looking at the table now and considering our appalling “absentee list” that defeat must surely do more than dent our realistic top 4 ambitions. Hugely disappointing but the challenge now is to ensure that we don’t collapse and bring 9th place into the equation. Players like McGrory and Dickson will need to come to the fore unless McKee makes a miraculous recovery.

Even in our record breaking League 1 campaign as I recall - the first team to beat us that season were Alloa on a baltic winter midweek fixture at their place.

I may be wrong but depending on how far away some of the injured players are, we are missing 7 first team players for the next game or two. Dobbie,McKee,Pybus,Jones, Nortey, Obilaye, McCabe add to that the distinct possibility we will lose Mebude soon. 
on a positive note I think our good run started when we were down to the bear minimum around about Christmas before the January transfers arrived.

we are a few points ahead of 6th so if we can grind out some results and other results go our way over the next 2/3 games (I know one of them is against Hearts)  and start getting players then we may be safe.

As Rjc 1988 says it’s a chance for younger fringe players to show if they can step up,