The Queen of the South thread

4 hours ago, qos1990 said:

Like everyone with Johnston. A running theme

Players and managers fall out all the time that is football..

Queens problem is our budget nothing to do with A.J. very difficult job trying to get players to sign when they can make more elsewhere 

Players and managers fall out all the time that is football..
Queens problem is our budget nothing to do with A.J. very difficult job trying to get players to sign when they can make more elsewhere 

What’s our budget this year ? Always interested to know

We compete with part time teams wages wise.

This seems to be something that's said regularly at this time of year. I don't know the financial side of ourselves and PT sides but I think this is nonsense.

Be a FT player, in 4/5 times a week for £X a week or for the exact same/similar money only work 2/3 times a week. Who in their right mind is going to take the FT option there?

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

This seems to be something that's said regularly at this time of year. I don't know the financial side of ourselves and PT sides but I think this is nonsense.

Be a FT player, in 4/5 times a week for £X a week or for the exact same/similar money only work 2/3 times a week. Who in their right mind is going to take the FT option there?

Fair point.

44 minutes ago, Benji said:

Same with budgets. Please confirm the source.

Doubt anyone on here ever really knows budgets but we just surmise from apparent club size and which clubs players sign for. Why let facts get in the way of a bit of fun though?

On an almost unrelated subject..... whatever happened to Skyline? Did the club pull the plug?

Doubt anyone on here ever really knows budgets but we just surmise from apparent club size and which clubs players sign for. Why let facts get in the way of a bit of fun though?
On an almost unrelated subject..... whatever happened to Skyline? Did the club pull the plug?

Playing budgets will be almost certainly be directly linked to attendances. If u look back at the last full season with crowds (19/20) only Alloa had a lower average attendance than Queens. Even part-time Arbroath had bigger crowds than us. The QoS arena will maybe make up some of the income shortfall, but I would imagine next season only Arbroath and maybe Morton will have a playing budget as low as us.

20 minutes ago, sidofthesouth said:

Playing budgets will be almost certainly be directly linked to attendances. If u look back at the last full season with crowds (19/20) only Alloa had a lower average attendance than Queens. Even part-time Arbroath had bigger crowds than us. The QoS arena will maybe make up some of the income shortfall, but I would imagine next season only Arbroath and maybe Morton will have a playing budget as low as us.

True. If Dundee go up, that might affect Arbroath's budget though as they'd miss two bumper home gates.

9 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

True. If Dundee go up, that might affect Arbroath's budget though as they'd miss two bumper home gates.

In normal circumstances yeah but I have a feeling that next season it’ll be home fans only for a large part if not all of the season. 

1 minute ago, ayrunitedfw said:

In normal circumstances yeah but I have a feeling that next season it’ll be home fans only for a large part if not all of the season. 

Quite possibly 

Hope not. The derby match isn't the same if we can't get in to Somerset :(

Its ok, their much bigger neighbours, Killie, look like providing us with a better derby next year anyway
Very true. Ayr vs QoS is the wee one. Killlie vs QoS is what the people want to see.

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
3 hours ago, sidofthesouth said:

Its ok, their much bigger neighbours, Killie, look like providing us with a better derby next year anyway

Very true. Ayr vs QoS is the wee one. Killlie vs QoS is what the people want to see.

Ayr Utd v Killie is pure rivalry....