The Queen of the South thread

Cheers for the info guys.

Look forward to seeing a game in Dumfries at some point this year as I come down 3/4 times a year to visit relatives and always try to get along and see how you're doing.

Good luck for the coming season.

Surprised he got 3 years. Queens can only dream of signing a player on that length of contract.
What kind of player is going to sign a 3 year deal with the smallest FT club in Scotland?

35 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
2 hours ago, TERREGLES1919 said:
Surprised he got 3 years. Queens can only dream of signing a player on that length of contract.

What kind of player is going to sign a 3 year deal with the smallest FT club in Scotland?

Exactly. Who in their right mind, eh?

Wish the boy well at Motherwell, he done well for both Queens and himself with that stint in second third of the season.

Hard as it may be this is a good selling point for Queens to attract players who maybe haven't quite made it and want to restart their career - come to Queens, play well, Queens get league points and publicity then you get a good move

48 minutes ago, TONTROOPER said:

Someone posted in response to a question regarding Queens largest gate as over 26'000.

Against Hearts in 1952 I believe.

Really?....can a knowledgeable Queens fan confirm?

I wouldn’t have posted it if it weren’t true sir.

Edited by Dougie Mills

44 minutes ago, Dougie Mills said:

I wouldn’t have posted it if it weren’t true sir.

Not arguing with your post but I always thought our official record home attendance  was more like 23,500. V Hearts. 

7 minutes ago, Steeplechat said:

26,552 on 23rd February 1952.

I think the figure got officially revised a few years ago, for reasons I'm not sure of.

It used to be stated as 24,000 or thereabouts, before going up to over 26,000 as you say.

Either way, it's almost impossible to conceive of now.

Guest Flash
12 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Not arguing with your post but I always thought our official record home attendance  was more like 23,500. V Hearts. 

It is in the 1950s section of the club history on the OS. 

https://www.qosfc.com/history

It doesn’t mention it there but the previously noted record of 24,500 was found to be wrong and that the actual recorded number was discovered on an official document sometime later.

Exactly. Who in their right mind, eh?
No one who's anywhere near decent, that's for sure. The only kind of players who'd be willing to sign a 3 year deal with the smallest FT club in the country would be unambitious 16/17 year olds or absolute haddies who couldn't believe their luck. 3 year deals would be an awful approach for a club our size. I'm not even that set on 2 year deals just now given we seem to always get burned when we give one to a player.

26 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I think the figure got officially revised a few years ago, for reasons I'm not sure of.

It used to be stated as 24,000 or thereabouts, before going up to over 26,000 as you say.

Either way, it's almost impossible to conceive of now.

Yeah, I always thought it was around the 24,000 Mark too, but seems to have been revised.

I've been in Palmerston with 14,000 v Hearts and 18,000 v Rangers, both Cup ties in the 70s and its fair to say there wasn't a whole lot of room to spare either time ...

1 hour ago, palmy_cammy said:

Thanks for posting .... great quality footage that, hadn't seen it before. My old man would have been there (a Gorgie boy). 👍