The Queen of the South thread

8 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

He's managed to plod about the lower leagues for a decade since, that's hardly downhill fast.

He has been around the lower leagues right enough although he hasn't really kicked on from his time at Queens...

32 minutes ago, TERREGLES1919 said:

He has been around the lower leagues right enough although he hasn't really kicked on from his time at Queens...

....  despite having his friend  "The Goalie" Goram coaching him at a couple of clubs. 

Guest Flash
27 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

League cup group stage fixtures out:

Got to be pretty happy with that, home in the two testing games against lower league teams, away in what should be the easiest, and hardest games. A good chance to go and get 9 points and second place.

The top seeds are always at home to the second seeds, so it was always going to be Motherwell away. When we played Motherwell at home in 2019 we were unseeded.

1 hour ago, Flash said:

The top seeds are always at home to the second seeds, so it was always going to be Motherwell away. When we played Motherwell at home in 2019 we were unseeded.

I thought that was the case, but wasn't 100% sure. In that case, the other 3 have fallen exactly as we'd want them, I guess.

5 hours ago, Manwithnoball said:

Come on. Please give us some signings 🙏

There's not exactly much wild signing activity at many clubs just now,  we'll be no different in that.  It'll probably be nearer mid June before there's much happening with signings imo with holidays and players at other clubs still not been told yet if they're being kept on or not. The lists of released players  only seem to be coming out about now. It will maybe be another season of starting pre season training and getting bodies in to have a look at.  I don't know when our pre-season starts though. 

There's not exactly much wild signing activity at many clubs just now,  we'll be no different in that.  It'll probably be nearer mid June before there's much happening with signings imo with holidays and players at other clubs still not been told yet if they're being kept on or not. The lists of released players  only seem to be coming out about now. It will maybe be another season of starting pre season training and getting bodies in to have a look at.  I don't know when our pre-season starts though. 

Pre-season training starts next Thursday June 10th. AJ will be looking at potential signings then.

We have recently started following Rico Quitongo on twitter! I wonder if anything can be read into that! 
We had him on trial last year I'm sure. He looked ok in the play-offs going forward but his final ball was lacking. Wouldn't be over the moon and wouldn't be disappointed. Worth a punt I'd say.