The Queen of the South thread

Two of the trialists picked up injuries ( no 2 & no 4 ) to go along with the already injured McKay and Roy.
Nditi and Connelly were impressive.

As was McGrory, who sat in front of back 4 and picked up a lot of the ball and pinged passes. Big centre forward will be quality and frustrating in equal measures. Decent few tricks but gave away a lot of fouls particularly first half. probably did better in second half when he played wide right. Full back was steady and appeared to grow into game but came off injured after 75. Centre half had a nightmare. Poor passing from back and general sloppiness. Gibson quality from left back, then centre mid

16 minutes ago, mckenna said:

As was McGrory, who sat in front of back 4 and picked up a lot of the ball and pinged passes. Big centre forward will be quality and frustrating in equal measures. Decent few tricks but gave away a lot of fouls particularly first half. probably did better in second half when he played wide right. Full back was steady and appeared to grow into game but came off injured after 75. Centre half had a nightmare. Poor passing from back and general sloppiness. Gibson quality from left back, then centre 

Never seen the game Broadfoot  not a trialist today .

Edited by Northfield

Totally agree with Nditi, Connolly and McGrory. Connolly works so hard and must be a pain in the arse to play against. McGrory broke things up and play lots of good forward passes and very good passer. Nditi looks composed and quick. Thought Todd & Paton got better as the game went on.  No broadfoot. Big number 5 looks a unit like big Ayo. The big number 9 looks a handful but needs to stay on his feet more. Overall quite pleasing as how young our team was. As usual Gibson was good at unusual left back position. 

On 30/06/2021 at 22:48, Margaret Thatcher said:

Possibly a forward called Ruben Soares Junior who was with Billericay in the National League South last season? Appears to have moved up from local football in the London area but didn't get many minutes last season for whatever reason.

No idea how you figured out who he is but 10/10 for the spot!

Over the two friendlies he's looked like a decent option to have up front.  Holds up the ball well and not afraid to get stuck in by the looks of things.  Hopefully he's got a few goals in him too.

Watched a couple of videos of Ruben Soares Jr as I haven’t caught any of games yet. He seems to have something about him, definitely skill and bit of the cuff but I think he’ll be as frustrating as he is excellent at times, probably need a bit of patience as he develops. Gets good write ups from a few Billericay fans on twitter.

Another 6/7 still needed. Not writing off what’s been signed as could be absolutely fine but at this level majority of our squad, don’t have a lot of games at this level, guess there quality can’t be judged as of yet. Still think we need -

Goalkeeper
Centre half
Left back
Centre mid x2
Winger
Striker

Obviously we’ve had Kirk Broadfoot in, I’m not against bringing him in like some. Giving our lack of experience I think he’s probably exactly what we’re needing. The other defender on trial id like us to sign also as he’s done fine at centre half and right back but pure greed from me rather than necessity. I hope this week some loans can kick in this week.

Was always quietly impressed with Calvin McGrory last season, could see he had something so I’m it’s great to hear from a few that he did well in a deeper role. Be interesting to see if we keep him in there and allow him to develop. East coming on at left back and doing reasonably ok is just another string to his bow, he’s going to be one of them jack of all trades type, which is probably good for us although i did like him on the wing last year, always thought we had a better balance about us with him there.

I’m assuming Paul McKay is injured? Also what has happened to Ally Roy? Scored in our defeat in first friendly at Annan but hasn’t played since and not listed in the squad on the website. 

I’m assuming Paul McKay is injured? Also what has happened to Ally Roy? Scored in our defeat in first friendly at Annan but hasn’t played since and not listed in the squad on the website. 

Not sure about McKay. But Roy went over his ankle will be fine for next week I believe, more precautionary than anything