The Queen of the South thread

36 minutes ago, Seeker said:

Context rugby pitch in quote. Tackles were the holding, shirt pulling - Nouble hauling your player along as his shirt gets 2 feet longer. Yes that tackle you missed. I never said anything about rough treatment.😊

Out of interest, how would you describe the David Gold "tackle" on Connelly that earned him a straight red?

I would explain context but your English teacher has already failed this

I'm well aware of context. It seems to be you who's struggling. You clearly tried and failed to make a joke about how our players used a rugby approach to contain Nouble. You've yet to give any examples of such a thing and your only examples were of football challenges that happen every single week in football. Continue to double down on your nonsense if it makes you fell good though.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

In other words, he received treatment that every striker receives, every game, at every single level?

To be fair other strikers we’ve had who have had that treatment get fouls for it, and players who have played us too. I’m no making that up or being biased but after watching him play 10 games or whatever now it is absolutely wild what defenders are getting away with against him. He’s just that big and strong it seems to go against him, that’s all fine and good but only if when he gives some back you can’t punish him for it. 

3 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

To be fair other strikers we’ve had who have had that treatment get fouls for it, and players who have played us too. I’m no making that up or being biased but after watching him play 10 games or whatever now it is absolutely wild what defenders are getting away with against him. He’s just that big and strong it seems to go against him, that’s all fine and good but only if when he gives some back you can’t punish him for it. 

Looks like Nick Walsh adopted the same attitude in the first 20 mins with Ruben. Two or three times as he went to control the ball he was leant in to by a defender and Walsh ignored them all, at least twice he was knocked to the ground and lost the ball. I’m not sure if they are fouls or the strikers are buying a cheap foul but they are usually given. 

8 hours ago, Seeker said:

Context rugby pitch in quote. Tackles were the holding, shirt pulling - Nouble hauling your player along as his shirt gets 2 feet longer. Yes that tackle you missed. I never said anything about rough treatment.😊

No mention of the play acting and time wasting by your goalkeeper I see…..Total embarrassment!!

3 minutes ago, Mustafa_sheet said:

No mention of the play acting and time wasting by your goalkeeper I see…..Total embarrassment!!

Think it's called game management - seeing out what was a brilliant result with 10 men.

Don't really see anything embarrassing about that from Arbroath's perspective. 

36 minutes ago, queenslad said:

Alot of talk about red zones at palmerston and the restricted access. Who were all the people in the old stand yesterday - I could see subs, hospitality, directors, press at back but who were all the others - back left?

George and his family.

Alot of talk about red zones at palmerston and the restricted access. Who were all the people in the old stand yesterday - I could see subs, hospitality, directors, press at back but who were all the others - back left?

On a similar note - who's decision is it to have so much of the new stand closed off? On Saturday and against Broomhill the away fans were housed just below the camera stand resulting in the home support being bunched together. Would it not make more sense in these circumstances to put the away fans in the furthest away corner and spreading everyone else out?

I assume it's what the club have been told to do. If not it's absolutely mental. Even more so when the stewards are again stopping people going behind the goal from that stand.

21 hours ago, Greenacres said:

Raith Rovers payed that bit extra to get a top quality 4 G pitch it looks and plays like a grass pitch somehow we have to replace our pitch to that standard.

Away from that I don't see it as a step back going part time Arbroath are a good example of a good experienced part time team.

Most of the Arbroath squad are on much the same money as our players but the difference is you can attract the best part time players rather than just pick up young boys in the hope that you might find a decent player .

There seems to be a myth that if you are full time you have better fitness that is not the case nowadays.

How do you know how much the Arbroath players earn? 

How do you know how much our players earn. 

Proof please

9 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

On a similar note - who's decision is it to have so much of the new stand closed off? On Saturday and against Broomhill the away fans were housed just below the camera stand resulting in the home support being bunched together. Would it not make more sense in these circumstances to put the away fans in the furthest away corner and spreading everyone else out?

I assume it's what the club have been told to do. If not it's absolutely mental. Even more so when the stewards are again stopping people going behind the goal from that stand.

From my view from the Oakbank Terrace it looked quite cramped in the area that the away support occupied although there were still quite a few empty seats for home fans to occupy in their sections. As you say at least one section could be opened for away support at the Terreges St end of the stand without encroaching on "Red Zones". I think it was more a staffing issue, saving on stewarding, catering, opening toilets, etc, than a safety issue. There didn't seem to be a problem using that area when Kilmarnock visited. 

From my view from the Oakbank Terrace it looked quite cramped in the area that the away support occupied although there were still quite a few empty seats for home fans to occupy in their sections. As you say at least one section could be opened for away support at the Terreges St end of the stand without encroaching on "Red Zones". I think it was more a staffing issue, saving on stewarding, catering, opening toilets, etc, than a safety issue. There didn't seem to be a problem using that area when Kilmarnock visited. 

I did think it could have been a staffing issue but then there seemed to be loads of stewards. I'm not sure how big the away support needs to be for them to open another food kiosk but I've seen away fans using the 'home' food kiosk on lots of occasions and surely the staffing and costs for that would land at the caterers anyway?

It's not something worth getting upset over I was just a bit curious as to why we're packed in rather than spread out. The only thing that really annoyed me was them shutting off the terrace from the stand again. I've no idea why they do that when there's always plenty of room behind the goal.

1 hour ago, Benji said:

How do you know how much the Arbroath players earn? 

How do you know how much our players earn. 

Proof please

AJ last interview before the Arbroath game says they are on similar wages to Queens .

This is why we should be part time get better more experienced players.

All we can sign just now is young players hoping to make it.

59 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I did think it could have been a staffing issue but then there seemed to be loads of stewards. I'm not sure how big the away support needs to be for them to open another food kiosk but I've seen away fans using the 'home' food kiosk on lots of occasions and surely the staffing and costs for that would land at the caterers anyway?

It's not something worth getting upset over I was just a bit curious as to why we're packed in rather than spread out. The only thing that really annoyed me was them shutting off the terrace from the stand again. I've no idea why they do that when there's always plenty of room behind the goal.

Yes, I saw a group of  4 youngsters who wanted to come into the terracing to join their mates but weren't allowed through and also couple of grown ups wanting to go in the opposite direction were also stopped. The Stewards were obviously "only doing their job" but it seems a bit ott considering neither area was near capacity and there is no requirement to socially distance and no-one was encroaching on Red Zones. If it had been an all ticket match its understandable but it in games like Saturday's it looked like enforcing a silly rule for the sake of it.