The Queen of the South thread

Central belt teams like Falkirk get decent travelling supports from the Pars , Raith , Thistle etc and we get the magnificent seven from Brechin. We will get better away supports coming through in the First but not to their extent .

Falkirk used to bring a brilliant away support to Palmerston . They've a brilliant youth set up and I personally was surprised the Matalan Mourinho left for Coventry .

All the best in your ongoing struggles, I always liked Dunfermline and its fans .

Appreciated, if we're playing Queen of the South next year though it'll be some miracle/financial cheating, we're somewhere up shit creek.

How does Coventry's average attendance match up against Hamilton's?

I think that was no debate, it was the concern about their finances, it's a good squad and they aren't that far off the playoffs back to the championship provided they aren't going down the pan.

Be majorly disappointed if he left us for them, suppose there an established first division side. But no reason why he can't build and do that here, if not more.

okay...so in responce to this ridiculous post ive posted facts which prove there is a massive gulf between our teams & not just the grudgingly "falkirk are slightly bigger" or "the only reason they have slightly bigger crowds is cause they get loads of away fans"....forgetting of course than cowden,hamilton,dumbarton,airdrie & livingston will bring on average about 130 each. so the other time honoured metric for the size of a club is season ticket holders. at our premier league peak we had 3600. this has dropped this season to a poor 2350 (almost a qots average crowd drop). so the question is how many season ticket holders do queens have?

okay...so in responce to this ridiculous post ive posted facts which prove there is a massive gulf between our teams & not just the grudgingly "falkirk are slightly bigger" or "the only reason they have slightly bigger crowds is cause they get loads of away fans"....forgetting of course than cowden,hamilton,dumbarton,airdrie & livingston will bring on average about 130 each. so the other time honoured metric for the size of a club is season ticket holders. at our premier league peak we had 3600. this has dropped this season to a poor 2350 (almost a qots average crowd drop). so the question is how many season ticket holders do queens have?

He does like figures this boy. Ok , two can play at that game . What is the population of Falkirk/Grangemouth?

The mods can ban him but not Pride of the Clyde? (AKA Mo-Mo Morton)

Still good to see him stay out of the way. How do you know it was him?

There needs to be actual proof of an alias, not just cries of "Oh its him" from the masses. Its been said on here many times, but quite often what are outed as "obvious" aliases turn out not to be.

Lets just say I know where he lives ;)

So, a bigger club, in a higher division, with higher crowds has more season ticket holders. WOW, you're really blinding us with science this morning.

Nice to see young Gavin has had a couple of starts in the last two games and has produced a goal in each. By all accounts he's played well.

See also that a certain Andy Little is now top of the scoring stats, that won't go down well with some!!!

Edited by Charlie

Nice to see young Gavin has had a couple of starts in the last two games and has produced a goal in each. By all accounts he's played well.

See also that a certain Andy Little is now top of the scoring stats, that won't go down well with some!!!

Little has 21 in the league, 25 in all competitions. Nicky has 21 and 29. Now, by my reckoning, 29 is more than 25...

Strange that a Falkirk fan would come on here having a dig at our crowds . I am sure if he worked out how many locals attend his home games per percentage of Falkirk and surrounding area population , then it would be very low , just as it is almost everywhere. I would rather congratulate all those that have resisted the `charms` of the green/blue/bigot/gloryhunters and back their home team. Our crowds have dissapointingly fell off a cliff since a high average of 2700 in 08-09. Shows how bad the problem in Scotland is when top of the First Division Morton got less than 2,000 for a recent home game

Edited by JRS LEFT PEG

Little has 21 in the league, 25 in all competitions. Nicky has 21 and 29. Now, by my reckoning, 29 is more than 25...

According to the official Ginger boot table, Little has 22 league goals.

I took mine from the bbc, so it may well be wrong. He's still a bit behind nicky's 29