The Queen of the South thread

I know what you mean Monkey Tennis . It was a mixed day of emotions for me come the end of it . I was convinced beforehand that we could beat a team that was almost dead on its feet having played so many games. So I was dissapointed that this once in a lifetime chance came to nothing . Instead of being fresh and raring to go , the enforced absence had made us rusty , only getting it together in the second half. Personally , I enjoyed the Ramsdens final much better . Yeh , that was a great day.

Sent from my GT-S5839i using Pie & Bovril mobile app

It's a strange one, but although I'm so glad it happened and I'll never forget it, I'm not sure I enjoyed it as much as I should have.

As I left Hampden that day my thoughts immediately turned to getting back to Dunfermline to get "kilted up" then heading to Edinburgh to join the wife at her best friend's wedding that I'd missed to watch the game! :ph34r::P

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Don't know how you could have missed Copenhagen MT. In a once in a lifetime kind of way. Sent from my GT-S5839i using Pie & Bovril mobile app

I think it would have been professional suicide.

I was still tempted mind, but really couldn't have managed.

Queen of the South

Goalkeepers

Jim Atkinson (18)

Defenders

Mark Durnan (20)

Chris Higgins (28)

Kevin Holt (20)

Ryan McGuffie (33)

Chris Mitchell (25)

Midfielders

Paul Burns (29)

Daniel Carmichael (23)

Allan Johnston (39)

Stephen McKenna (27)

Daniel Orsi (21)

Michael Paton (24)

Pat Slattery (20)

Forwards

Derek Lyle (32)

Gavin Reilly (20)

Iain Russell (30)

Ages at 1st August 2013

Edited to add Chris Higgins and Derek Lyle to the squad.

Have Chris Higgins and Derek Lyle resigned for next season ?

Yes, it's on the OS.

We really have held the squad together, apart from Clark and probably Robinson.

Both will of course be missed, but there really hasn't been the wholesale plundering that many feared.

Keep the manager and there's no reason to feel we can't make an impact next season.

ETA: Forgot about Young. We could do to keep him more that either of the other two I mentioned.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Great to see Captain Higgins have signed up for next season and also happy to see Lyle has as well.

I make it 6 players from last season still to to hear from.

The players are Robinson, Young, Smith, McShane, Fitzpatrick and Black.

Yes I know Black has turned down a contract and I never added Clark to that list as its pretty clear that he is leaving.

Next season is shaping up very nicely now just Robbo and Dek Young from last season with 3 or 4 new faces to complete a formidable squad to challenge up the top of the league.

Ps

liked the comment on Queens mad about the club putting in a lorry or open top bus in the guid neighbours parade, good PR for next season.

Guest Flash

Had a look at the SPL rules and it seems that an artificial pitch is allowed provided it meets the FIFA 2 star standard and the application made before 31 March in the preceding season is approved by the SPL Board.

However, in a separate rule, all clubs must have under pitch heating. There is nothing exempting an artificial pitch from that requirement.

Is this normal? Because, as things stand, any First Division club with an artificial pitch that wins the league won't be promoted unless it also has under pitch heating.