The Queen of the South thread

Hopefully this won’t upset anybody but the information on the Queens website about tomorrow is a bit confusing.
It says there is no seating for Queens fans in the BDS stand but Ticketco are selling section 1 for home fans.
It also says that Aberdeen fans can purchase online from Ticketco until KO or from Aberdeen FC. I couldn’t find how to buy in the away section from the link given. And Aberdeen don’t appear to be selling any more. So, if the Queens website says tickets are available until KO for Aberdeen fans, is there going to be a way for them to buy them via Ticketco?
I’m absolutely not having a go at anybody. It is just that the website doesn’t seem to tie in with how Ticketco are selling tickets.

4 hours ago, MallanandFlanagan said:

Brilliant video and brilliant shirt. What more can you ask for! Does anyone know if the sizing will be similar to last seasons shirt?

Aye, Macron, always add two sizes. Not great for the self-esteem going that many sizes up but you will be cutting about in a fine looking shirt, so probably cancels out.

Kit looks quite smart.

See in the video, what's the occasion shown in the brief clip immediately after JT's goal in the Cup Final?   I wondered if it was the Challenge Cup won at Livingston, but really not sure.

11 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Kit looks quite smart.

See in the video, what's the occasion shown in the brief clip immediately after JT's goal in the Cup Final?   I wondered if it was the Challenge Cup won at Livingston, but really not sure.

Think it is. There are loads of adverts for Ramsdens.

11 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Kit looks quite smart.

Yeah looks like Almondvale and the kit we wore. 

2 hours ago, Artemis said:

Hopefully this won’t upset anybody but the information on the Queens website about tomorrow is a bit confusing.
It says there is no seating for Queens fans in the BDS stand but Ticketco are selling section 1 for home fans.
It also says that Aberdeen fans can purchase online from Ticketco until KO or from Aberdeen FC. I couldn’t find how to buy in the away section from the link given. And Aberdeen don’t appear to be selling any more. So, if the Queens website says tickets are available until KO for Aberdeen fans, is there going to be a way for them to buy them via Ticketco?
I’m absolutely not having a go at anybody. It is just that the website doesn’t seem to tie in with how Ticketco are selling tickets.

You have no idea how many people you have upset.

The website has been corrected now.

Tickets will be on sale for home fans as normal but there wont be any away ticket sales on the day of the game

A huge gulf in class today so not too much can be read into that performance other than to say that Dickenson is definitely not a defender, we're going to struggle against wingers if we go with a back 3, and we're also really going to need Brydon and Church to get and stay fit.  Stewart was the expected bombscare and at fault for two of the goals, so here's hoping Hogarth gets a chance and is an upgrade.  Lyon was probably our best player, Douglas did okay but was lucky to not be sent off near the end and Cochrane at least got stuck in.  McKechnie still can't shoot to save himself.

Biggest positive?  The new kit looks good.

21 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

A huge gulf in class today so not too much can be read into that performance other than to say that Dickenson is definitely not a defender, we're going to struggle against wingers if we go with a back 3, and we're also really going to need Brydon and Church to get and stay fit.  Stewart was the expected bombscare and at fault for two of the goals, so here's hoping Hogarth gets a chance and is an upgrade.  Lyon was probably our best player, Douglas did okay but was lucky to not be sent off near the end and Cochrane at least got stuck in.  McKechnie still can't shoot to save himself.

Much better 2nd half  we looked really nervous in  the 1st half.

As you say a huge gulf in class but I really worry who will get us goals this season .

1 hour ago, Slipmat said:

Thankfully I am sure Dickenson was only deployed as a LCB to sabe young Rogerson getting a tough time in his young career from Aberdeen and our fans! Dickenson had played really well in his proper position during the pre season games.

Sure Murphy is aware he needs another CB with Brydon still injured.

A big step up in class today, this type of opposition we won't play every week. Better chance of seeing where we are on Tuesday night.

11 minutes ago, ALOREBURNE said:

Dickensen at the back is wild from Murphy. A centre back is a priority, pussy footing about 

I could see the logic in it given what happened against Stirling. I think it just demonstrates how much we need that CB. 

I'm hoping Craic gets a run of games. Not seeing anything from McIntosh so far. 

Off the field, lots of things to be more positive about with the club. 

In my opinion, that’s skewing people’s views about our playing squad. Bartley was a charlatan, so I’m still hopeful we’ll have a better season than the shitshow of last year but our squad for me looks weaker in almost every area. Goalkeepers, look to be a downgrade on Stone (not surprising really). Defence looks weaker and we’re really short on numbers. Early days but Reilly is a loss up front and don’t see we’ve replaced him like for like. Middle of the park is one area we may be stronger. 

The small squad worries me. Our injury situation isn’t that bad just now, and look at how imbalanced that starting 11 was today. 

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I could see the logic in it given what happened against Stirling. I think it just demonstrates how much we need that CB. 

I'm hoping Craic gets a run of games. Not seeing anything from McIntosh so far. 

Craic looked like it was the first time he was on a football pitch this is a bit harsh as still early days but he looked like a boy playing against men .

We need a experienced  centre half and a bit of pace up front someone who has a goal threat .

A bit early to he worried but as I have said no idea where the goals are coming from we don't ever look like scoring 

5 minutes ago, JK_Queens said:

Off the field, lots of things to be more positive about with the club. 

In my opinion, that’s skewing people’s views about our playing squad. Bartley was a charlatan, so I’m still hopeful we’ll have a better season than the shitshow of last year but our squad for me looks weaker in almost every area. Goalkeepers, look to be a downgrade on Stone (not surprising really). Defence looks weaker and we’re really short on numbers. Early days but Reilly is a loss up front and don’t see we’ve replaced him like for like. Middle of the park is one area we may be stronger. 

The small squad worries me. Our injury situation isn’t that bad just now, and look at how imbalanced that starting 11 was today. 

Good post look how weak our bench was .

Murphy has a very difficult job has last 2 signing have to somehow be top quality .

Right now we are miles away from a Top 4 League 1 side 

11 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

Good post look how weak our bench was .

Murphy has a very difficult job has last 2 signing have to somehow be top quality .

Right now we are miles away from a Top 4 League 1 side 

Our photographer snapped you leaving the ground today

Sad I Feel Sick GIF by Crispe

5 minutes ago, Homer Thompson said:

Our photographer snapped you leaving the ground today

Sad I Feel Sick GIF by Crispe

It's not just him tbf. It's as if all the positive stuff going on around the club in the pre-season has frustrated folk as there hasn't been anything much to moan about. A defeat against a side 2 divisions above us has given them an excuse to go wild. 

Edited by 19QOS19

I wasn’t expecting a win and Aberdeen were always going to be a class above what we will face in the league but not having a single shot on target was a concern and having witnessed the Stirling game as well it’s a tad worrying just how toothless we look so far.  Dickinson is very much a square peg in a round hole when being asked to perform in a defensive role but hopefully will be utilised further forward in the future.

As has already been said, Dumbarton on Tuesday will hopefully be a better indication of what the season has in store.

41 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

Craic looked like it was the first time he was on a football pitch this is a bit harsh as still early days but he looked like a boy playing against men .

We need a experienced  centre half and a bit of pace up front someone who has a goal threat .

A bit early to he worried but as I have said no idea where the goals are coming from we don't ever look like scoring 

Harsh!  Benji did hit the post!

McIntosh worked hard but we couldn't get the ball to him.  He's got a decent career goals to game ratio.  Dickenson looks powerful and an aerial threat from set pieces - the kind of player you like, no?

I'm more worried about the defence at the moment, but get another centre back and/or right back and we should be okay, especially if Bryden is expected to be fit in a couple of weeks.

9 hours ago, Slipmat said:

.... especially if Bryden is expected to be fit in a couple of weeks.

This is the bit that worries me. I really like young Bryden but throughout his time with us this is the same story that keeps repeating. I hope for the lad this doesn't come to define his career.

10 hours ago, Dougie Mills said:

I wasn’t expecting a win and Aberdeen were always going to be a class above what we will face in the league but not having a single shot on target was a concern and having witnessed the Stirling game as well it’s a tad worrying just how toothless we look so far.  Dickinson is very much a square peg in a round hole when being asked to perform in a defensive role but hopefully will be utilised further forward in the future.

As has already been said, Dumbarton on Tuesday will hopefully be a better indication of what the season has in store.

Agree that Tuesday night will give us a better sense of where we are, working towards beginning the league and can’t really get a feel for where our season will go until end August. However, it was the failure to cut out crosses/ clear the ball in defence for the goals that concerned me in terms of basic organisation and goal keeping. Also to not have one shot on target in 90 minutes is disappointing. Midfield did look solid in the second half with Lyon looking strong. 

Need to find another goal scoring forward and  CB given Brydons unfortunate injury record. 

Listening to Murphy’s post match interview it was a bit gushin. , I do hope he is learning as we need to get off to a fast start in the league if we are to have the season we all want.