The Queen of the South thread

Things sounding a bit more positive on the manager front at last. I am praying we don't sign Hutton for keeper, terrible with crosses and prone to odd crazy howler. Before I get shot down will explain, most if not all keepers have made a mistake that makes them look stupid but Hutton tried to take on a striker in his own 6 yard box in a cup final. Add to that his topped clearance against Airdrie in the Scottish cup is enough for me to have some sleepless nights if he resigns. Surely there are some better options available.

If Johnston turns down killie I will await all the fickle queens fans calling him the messiah again.

Cant remember anyone questioning Johnston's ability just because he might go. Just a solid wall of fans who wish that a boss who they rate stays on.

Sent from my GT-S5839i using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Disgraceful that The Sun broke the news and not the OS IMO.

Don't think there was any need for the club to instantly break the news, they maybe waiting to announce ticket prices, new signings and magic staying all at the same time.

Disgraceful that The Sun broke the news and not the OS IMO.

Come on Cammy. One minute you are saying the club are quite right in their quiet stance and now a disgrace . I have supported this team for 38 years and they have never been quick to offer anything exclusively.

Come on Cammy. One minute you are saying the club are quite right in their quiet stance and now a disgrace . I have supported this team for 38 years and they have never been quick to offer anything exclusively.

Sarcasm JR my man. Let the Red Tops have the breaking exclusives, and leave the OS for facts and official announcements.

In typical "hard to please" fashion, it seems Queens fans are either moaning that we don't get enough coverage in the mainstream media, or complaining when we do that the information wasn't made available on the OS first!

Guest Flash

If Johnston turns down killie I will await all the fickle queens fans calling him the messiah again.

He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy.

As I said previously, it depends on what happens next. If it affects performances, then we'd have been better off if he had gone.

As for Hutton, why do most people assume that any criticism of his ability is based on one mistake? Even ignoring the Diddy Cup howler, I wouldn't want him back.

I have read the John Barnes tweet. So, here you have him saying further talks happening and The Sun saying he is staying put . Confusion reigns on but as long as you are all happy, then thats the main thing

Edited by Mr X

Border News reporting tonight that 'the word on the street' is that AJ is staying, which I'd imagine means that The Sun suggested he might.

I really want him to stay, but I'm still not convinced he's necessarily that brilliant. If he does stay, it obviously says much more about Killie's turmoil than our lure.

It's a vote of confidence in us, but only a conditional one, full of caveats. I wouldn't criticise him for it, but we now need to recognise that the only way he stays with us long term, is if he starts to fail, or at least stutter.