The Queen of the South thread

I really want him to stay, but I'm still not convinced he's necessarily that brilliant.

I could be wrong but before this killie thing came about I didn't hear you singing this tune so it all reeks of sour grapes from your point of view just now. In terms of the football queens played last season and the achievements they made i find it hard to think of a better manager we've had in my lifetime. The guy has played for some of the most successful managers in the game so I don't think it's any fluke what he achieved.

I really want him to stay, but I'm still not convinced he's necessarily that brilliant.

I could be wrong but before this killie thing came about I didn't hear you singing this tune so it all reeks of sour grapes from your point of view just now. In terms of the football queens played last season and the achievements they made i find it hard to think of a better manager we've had in my lifetime. The guy has played for some of the most successful managers in the game so I don't think it's any fluke what he achieved.

I agree. The man has done brilliantly, no doubt at all. Hardly put a foot wrong in the transfer market and produced the most outstanding set of stats that I will ever see from a Qos side again.

Whether he goes to Killie or not will not change my view on that.

Sent from my GT-S5839i using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Edited by JrsLeftPeg70

I could be wrong but before this killie thing came about I didn't hear you singing this tune so it all reeks of sour grapes from your point of view just now.

Well perhaps you didn't.

However, if you looked, you'd find I'd said before that luck plays a part in debut seasons and AJ's enjoyed some of that.

I really can't criticise much of what he's done for obvious reasons, but it's still very early days for him. That's all I'm saying. I'm not criticising anything he's done, but I'm witholding undiluted praise until he's proven it over a longer period on a more level playing field.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

A civic reception for the team at the Cairndale tonight as the D and G council recognises the all conquering side . Another covert operation by the sounds of it .

Did the official side keep you updated on that?

Any news on keepers being in at pre-season training? Lee had a couple of fantastic seasons with us and I don't think there will be many of his calibre looking for clubs.

Edited by Hawk

So is anyone going to give us an update on last night's proceedings at the Cairndale and did anyone ask Allan Johnston what he was going to do?

Allan remained very tight lipped about his future last night whilst Chairman Hewitson said he can go if he wants.

Source - Labour Councillor John Martin who attended last nights Civic Reception.

Allan remained very tight lipped about his future last night whilst Chairman Hewitson said he can go if he wants.

Source - Labour Councillor John Martin who attended last nights Civic Reception.

Don't see the point of him staying. He's set out his stall now so unless he commits to a full season we will be going from week to week wondering when he will be going.

Don't see the point of him staying. He's set out his stall now so unless he commits to a full season we will be going from week to week wondering when he will be going.

He must stay, signed the whole squad up and am sure a few of them only signed because Magic was the Gaffer.

Surely, that only applies if he isnt offered the job though? If he turns it down because he would rather stay then I dont see the problem.

As an ex-player he was always going to be linked with the Killie job and if he talks to them then turns them down I think thats actually a positive for the club and the players. I dont see the logic that says just because he spoke to Killie he'll jump at then next big(ish) club who comes calling.

Really tough decision for AJ to make and thats is why he is agonising for so long. Bigger club with problems or smaller but stable club ? I have absolutely no doubts at all that we would not have seen him for dust if Killie did not have so much financial and civil unrest . The thing about these kind of dilemma's is that whatever decision he makes , he won't be 100% convinced he has made the correct one. Do we really need a manager who decides to stay and isn't entirely focused . This could be the case . If I was a betting man , I think he is just trying to iron a few things out before leaving . We will see , can't be long now before we hear ( from the press) of the decision

Edited by JrsLeftPeg70

It's an awkward situation and one I'm not comfortable with. We knew he would be in demand but to sign a contract and go talking to Killie when the ink isn't dry doesn't send out a good message.

If he decides to stay then maybe we can forgive and forget but I'm not sure where we go from here.

I dont see the logic that says just because he spoke to Killie he'll jump at then next big(ish) club who comes calling.

I do.

If he stays, it's because of the instability of Kilmarnock. If a club of similar size, but in better shape comes forward, I'd be staggered if he didn't go. As it is, he's maybe going anyway.

The fact that Killie have huge problems and he is still undecided tells you everything you need to know . He would be off like a shot otherwise . I know I said something very similar before but just want to re- inforce that. I am going to be controversial to some but if I was Hewittson , I would be looking elsewhere now. Any decent future offer and he is away for sure

Edited by JrsLeftPeg70

I am sure the board are aware of the fact Magics going to be a wanted man, but they will want to keep him just as much for as long as possible, after all it is his squad of players.

Good Football managers are always wanted men.

Just hope Magic will stay and take this team as far as possible.

I do.

If he stays, it's because of the instability of Kilmarnock. If a club of similar size, but in better shape comes forward, I'd be staggered if he didn't go. As it is, he's maybe going anyway.

I dont agree. If you look through the other SPL clubs, there are 3, possibly even 5 that he might rule out simply down to geography. I dont see the fact that he has spoken to Killie as any kind of proof that he would automatically go to St Mirren or Partick, for example. That would leave Motherwell, Celtic, Hearts and Hibs as the other SPL clubs - all comfortably bigger than Killie. I think we can assume there would be a good chance of him being interested in any of those jobs irrespective of whether he had spoken to Killie or not.

I really dont see any reason to assume him speaking to Killie makes it any more likely he'd rush off to another club.