The Queen of the South thread

And is hence much better off staying at Queen of the South :rolleyes:

he would have been better staying than going to the 2 clubs I mentioned, but killie are a bigger club, so it's a good move for him. I'm obviously gutted, but I can understand why he has gone and I wish him the best of luck.

Thanks for the memories (and the trophies), Allan.

he would have been better staying than going to the 2 clubs I mentioned, but killie are a bigger club, so it's a good move for him. I'm obviously gutted, but I can understand why he has gone and I wish him the best of luck.

Thanks for the memories (and the trophies), Allan.

To achieve what exactly? Mid-table obscurity with has-beens like Derek Young?

A play off spot and a shot at promotion. What would he achieve by going to the other teams I mentioned? Narrowly avoid relegation?

Like St Mirren you mean? Who won a major trophy last season? Even a shot at narrowly avoiding relegation in the SPL, which could likely be the realistic position of Kilmarnock FC next season, would mean he has done tremendously well for himself considering his only achievement to date is fending off 9 other financially inferior, part time sides to win a seaside league title. I've no doubt he's a promising young manager, but to suggest he would be better off staying at Queens ahead of joining far bigger clubs in the country's premier division where his achievements will be more widely exposed is some pretty desperate straw-clutching.

Thats alright then , who are Queens fans wanting to be your next manager?  Someone on the other thread mentioned Smith  8)

I'd like to see a similar appointment to Johnston, so of the current squad it would be Ryan McGuffie for me.

The only positive I can take from this is that the squad were signed up before he left, so if he wants to take any of them with him, he will have to pay fees. My expectations for this season have plummeted tonight.

Johnston gave Queens one great season and I was hoping he would stay for one more season with Queens but its not to be and he is moving on to Kilmarnock.

post-45146-0-01324100-1372030517_thumb.j

Queens have now lost 3 key people from last season.

post-45146-0-90176600-1372030772_thumb.j

I hope Queens can get a new manager in quickly so he can get as much time with the squad before the new season starts.

Yes, this is a setback, but let's maintain perspective.

We're all happy with the squad and the club is stable. I've no idea where we'll turn to for a replacement, but whoever gets it will be pleased with what they inherit.

Time will tell if AJ's made the right move, but I can see why he's made it.

Shame we have to hear the news from twitter instead of our own official sources ,but again , this is not surprising. They will get round to it at some time today .I have lost a lot of respect for Johnston over this long drawn out affair . I thought he was different from the rest of the managerial pack but he isn't. There was plenty of time for him to move up the career ladder but he is a man in a hurry . Another season with us and then move on would have been his best bet but he jumps ship at the first opportunity. Life goes on and our club will keep rolling on as well. On the plus side ; we should be able to get a man who is 100% focused on the job and that might not have been the case if AJ stayed . Who next though ? Who is available ?

Sent from my GT-S5839i using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Edited by JrsLeftPeg70

Don't know how anyone can say they have lost respect for a man that probably gave queens the best season we've had in a long long time. Anyone who thinks that there is loyalty in football nowadays needs to wake up to the modern world. People look out for themselfs and their family's nowadays and that's the way it should be. It would of been a major risk for AJ to of turned down killie, how would he feel if he stayed had a poor season then his reputation fell dramatically? He'd always been wondering what could of been.

Although I'm quite gutted he's away I wish him all the best and he will always fondly remembered at Palmerston. Now... Time to move on.

I wasn't born yesterday and understand 'modern day' attitudes very well. Niavely, I thought Johnston was a bit different. Don't agree that his stock could/ would have fallen this season. We were set up to do well this season and I reckon his reputation would have been higher. He is not the last manager to leave us and going by past history ( Connolly,Chisholm) this is a gamble for him especially with their unrest. ps Do you fancy a sweepstake when Queens will tell us ? 8-9 am , 9-10 , 10-11 etc

Edited by JrsLeftPeg70

Shame we have to hear the news from twitter instead of our own official sources ,but again , this is not surprising. They will get round to it at some time today .I have lost a lot of respect for Johnston over this long drawn out affair . I thought he was different from the rest of the managerial pack but he isn't. There was plenty of time for him to move up the career ladder but he is a man in a hurry . Another season with us and then move on would have been his best bet but he jumps ship at the first opportunity. Life goes on and our club will keep rolling on as well. On the plus side ; we should be able to get a man who is 100% focused on the job and that might not have been the case if AJ stayed . Who next though ? Who is available ? Sent from my GT-S5839i using Pie & Bovril mobile app

It's a tad lame to begrudge a man for leaving a club of Queens' size for a far bigger club at a far bigger level. Get real.

It's a tad lame to begrudge a man for leaving a club of Queens' size for a far bigger club at a far bigger level. Get real.

By f**k , winning the Ramsdens Cup was so, so sweet and has got even sweeter again in the last five minutes after reading that . Talking about levels . On the evidence I seen , Thistle will be returning to their level come May.

Edited by JrsLeftPeg70

Time to move on. Have to say the timing is very unfortunate but that's football. Nothing stands still in sport. I just hope the board make the right appointment for the future. We need a manager who is going to stay awhile. Have to say the compensation for a management team seems derisory. Clearly the chairman isn't a negotiator unless contracts stated the maximum amount.