The Queen of the South thread

I fail to see anything wrong with the way this has been handle by the club or Allan Johnston.

If anything is shambolic it is the bitterness and sour grapes being shown by some towards a man that could do no wrong a month ago.

Kilmarnock are a bigger club than us. Deal with it.

I don't recall there being much in the way of sour grapes or any argument about the size of the clubs to be honest.

Anyone that is suggesting staying with us is a better career move than joining Kilmarnock is completely disregarding the fact they are a bigger club. Either that or they are deluded.

Clearly. Which makes it all the more surprising that it took him so long to arrive at a decision.

Anyone that is suggesting staying with us is a better career move than joining Kilmarnock is completely disregarding the fact they are a bigger club. Either that or they are deluded.

Yes, I think it would be a better career move to stay with us for another year . Plenty of upward career time for a young man thats only been a boss for a year . Time will tell.

Sent from my GT-S5839i using Pie & Bovril mobile app

I wonder what will come 1st Killie going bust of Johnston geting the sack All to do with money again

Now the worry is he mightb try and take some players with him

It was lucky he signed a new contract at least we will get money for him

Yes, I think it would be a better career move to stay with us for another year . Plenty of upward career time for a young man thats only been a boss for a year . Time will tell.

If he'd have chosen to stay, he'd have kicked himself, especially if, as is fairly likely, his star faded a bit,which would happen even if we had a decent enough season.

In all honesty, he had to take this chance, however imperfect it may be, while it's in front of him.

If he'd have chosen to stay, he'd have kicked himself, especially if, as is fairly likely, his star faded a bit,which would happen even if we had a decent enough season.

In all honesty, he had to take this chance, however imperfect it may be, while it's in front of him.

Some Queens fans seem to be falling over themselves in diplomacy as if even congratulating AJ on his move . Someone who has signed a new contract and has fucked off very soon after , has not acted honourably . He also knows that some Qos players would only have signed new contracts because he did. The turmoil that would have caused at Queens when he dissapeared would not have mattered a jot in this me , me ' modern ' age . I have concerns that he will come back for the likes if Danny , but as some of you would say , he is well entitled to and maybe should. By the way Cammy, if I am correct about AJ's career move and you not, then I will be looking for at least a pint of you in the Dev.

Some Queens fans seem to be falling over themselves in diplomacy as if even congratulating AJ on his move . Someone who has signed a new contract and has fucked off very soon after , has not acted honourably . He also knows that some Qos players would only have signed new contracts because he did. The turmoil that would have caused at Queens when he dissapeared would not have mattered a jot in this me , me ' modern ' age . I have concerns that he will come back for the likes if Danny , but as some of you would say , he is well entitled to and maybe should. By the way Cammy, if I am correct about AJ's career move and you not, then I will be looking for at least a pint of you in the Dev.

Signing a contract works both ways though - it protects his wages for a while, but also ensures his employers gain if he's tempted away. I do see where you're coming from here JR, but I don't think it's unduly cynical to conclude that Johnston has given Queens at least as much as he's taken.

I'm not desperate to congratulate him, but I don't find it hard to wish him well, certainly easier done than with Nicky Clark.

Some of the queens fans on here really want to get over themselves here. What does AJ owe queens? The same as Nicky Clark ... Hee haw!

He's sorted out a complete shambles and left the club in a very healthy state with a more than decent squad signed up for the new man coming in. Add in that queens are 30 grand up as well now.

For those of you questioning going to killie, lets not forget they've been in the top flight since long before Adidas poppers were in fashion and are an established SPL side. Can't fault the man for having an ambition, you wouldn't turn down a promotion at work would you?

All the best AJ ... The show will go on!

Signing a contract works both ways though - it protects his wages for a while, but also ensures his employers gain if he's tempted away. I do see where you're coming from here JR, but I don't think it's unduly cynical to conclude that Johnston has given Queens at least as much as he's taken.

I'm not desperate to congratulate him, but I don't find it hard to wish him well, certainly easier done than with Nicky Clark.

Really. I find it easy to wish them both well. Both gave our club excellent service and have now moved on. Nicky hadn`t even signed a new contract so don`t see what the problem is there TBH. I`d rather he`d not gone to Rangers but given he supports them and can earn significantly more than he could with us I find it somewhat bizarre to criticise him. How many of us would turn down such a chance in those circumstances. Given we also got compensation for Nicky it`s tough to say he hasn`t given as much as he`s taken. Good luck to them both.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

I agree with JRS, he could have stayed and tried to get us to the play offs at least but he couldn't wait to get away.

Why did he sign a contract if he wanted to move to a bigger club?

We will need to put it behind us and move on and hope we draw Killie in the cup again.

If the Dev are still doing their loyalty cards next season you can have my free pint JR :P

There's no doubt in my mind that he'll be a success at Kilmarnock, and use them as a stepping stone to a higher level. The man is a class act.

I wonder what will come 1st Killie going bust of Johnston geting the sack All to do with money again

Now the worry is he mightb try and take some players with him

It was lucky he signed a new contract at least we will get money for him

I would be very surprised if Killie buy any of our players. They are skint and have just forked out 30K. If they are going to spend money at all then they will surely buy players proven at SPL level and not take a punt with unproven ones.

I agree with JRS, he could have stayed and tried to get us to the play offs at least but he couldn't wait to get away.

Why did he sign a contract if he wanted to move to a bigger club?

We will need to put it behind us and move on and hope we draw Killie in the cup again.

Possibly for the same reason I sign a contract at my work; it guarantees me a wage. AJ was always going to move to a bigger club when the opportunity arose. The same way any manager will leave QoS for the many bigger clubs in Scotland. Did you honestly expect him to stay at QoS for his whole career? Killie had a manager when he signed for us. As I've said before, the timing is very unfortunate, but AJ can hardly be blamed for that.

We've lost our manager, move on. The main issue for QoS fans just now should be who is going to take the players forward.

Who player follow to Johnston and Sandy Clark for new signing from join Kilmarnock?

Pays your moneys takes your choice, but anyone who was out of contract has already gone.

As 19QOS19 said, I'd be surprised if Killie gave us cash for anyone right now. Mid-season window might be a different matter tho.

Edited by BigRubberFist