The Queen of the South thread

:lol: If it is Reid I'll be chuckling to myself the whole of the afternoon. I remember him being liked to the vacant Rovers job last summer, only for there to be a massive backlash on here and on fan-talk. Fortunately, the board had decided he wasn't for the job and he then went straight to the press to have a moan about clubs recruiting internally.

Reid is managing a club in the Philippines at the moment, would you want to leave there to come back to rainy scotland??

He coached Global FC for the qualifying stages of the Presidents Cup. They lost to teams from Kyrgyzstan and Pakistan (6-1) and were knocked out the competition on 12 May.

Stay with Queens finish 8th or above and his stock remains high-ish and he's got a comfortable job for another year at least. (It takes a lot for us to sack a manager - Gus)

Seriously? You think his stock would have remained high if he'd stayed with you and finished eighth?

McKenna could comfortably play a role for any club outside of Celtic

:lol:

Hewitson may have been willing to let Johnston talk to Kilmarnock but he is not going to let Kilmarnock start dismantling the squad without significant financial compensation. Kilmarnock are not in position to offer large fees for players under contract. So it should be relatively easy to resist if they come in offering a pittance. If they were to offer £50K then he would probably have to think about it though.

Seriously? You think his stock would have remained high if he'd stayed with you and finished eighth?

:lol:

While I don't think it would have increased his reputation, I also don't think it would have been too detrimental to his stock either.

------------------

As for the other quote you referenced that wasn't me.

While I don't think it would have increased his reputation, I also don't think it would have been too detrimental to his stock either.

------------------

As for the other quote you referenced that wasn't me. �

Aye, apologies for that one, P&B saw fit to remove the names from the quotes.

Last season gave him a reputation as one of the best managers in the SFL. If he'd stayed and finished eighth that would mean finishing behind one of the part-time sides, and most likely behind all the full-time sides. That would have suggested he wasn't very good.

Aye, apologies for that one, P&B saw fit to remove the names from the quotes.

Last season gave him a reputation as one of the best managers in the SFL. If he'd stayed and finished eighth that would mean finishing behind one of the part-time sides, and most likely behind all the full-time sides. That would have suggested he wasn't very good.

His reputation this season got him a total of one job offer, it was probably his inexperience that put other clubs off.

I think a season in the first on a more even playing field would have improved his stock as long as we didn't have a complete nightmare.

You're right to point out the amount of part time sides though that was an oversight on my part. So I'll say 7th. ;-)

Reid would be a decent enough centre half for a club like Killie

Heard what first? That he'd been offered the job which was wrong or that he's taken himself out of the running? Are you seriously suggesting that the club announce what happens with every potential candidate?

Incidentally, where did you see confirmation of Johnstons departure first?

I was (honestly) only bumming up my own insider knowledge and nothing to do with the snail like OS. Has Black signed for Annan ? I said that Wilson was the number one target for club ( correct ) and that he was a bookies favourite ( correct). Anything else is to do with your imagination.

Sent from my GT-S5839i using Pie & Bovril mobile app

I was (honestly) only bumming up my own insider knowledge and nothing to do with the snail like OS. Has Black signed for Annan ?

Black has signed for Annan. Not sure what your point is here? If it is that his departure hasnt been mentioned on the OS then it has been club policy for the last three years only to announce signings and re-signings rather than players moving on. We haven't announced Craig Reid or Bob Harris departing yet either.

I was (honestly) only bumming up my own insider knowledge and nothing to do with the snail like OS. Has Black signed for Annan ? I said that Wilson was the number one target for club ( correct ) and that he was a bookies favourite ( correct). Anything else is to do with your imagination.

Given that you've barely stopped going on about the OS and how other places "announced" stuff first, it was a pretty obvious presumption that that was what you were talking about this time too. You never said Wilson was the number one target, you said he was "on the clubs radar". You also said Brian Reid was in the running - how did that one work out? See, thats the issue here, you or any other unofficial source can say what they like without out any repercussions (not that there should be any) but the official site can only announce things that have actually happened. Sometimes they will be right and sometimes they will be wrong

Black has signed for Annan. Not sure what your point is here? If it is that his departure hasnt been mentioned on the OS then it has been club policy for the last three years only to announce signings and re-signings rather than players moving on. We haven't announced Craig Reid or Bob Harris departing yet either.

The deaprtures of both Willie Gibson and Nicky Clark have been announced on the OS recently, why are they an exception?

I am in now way slating the OS here, I think the guys that run it do a great job.

The deaprtures of both Willie Gibson and Nicky Clark have been announced on the OS recently, why are they an exception?

I am in now way slating the OS here, I think the guys that run it do a great job.

Gibson left before the end of the season.

I presume, the mention of Clark was simply because he left as the clubs joint-record scorer. It also wasnt "announced" as such, it was a footnote in a piece about Young re-signing, although thats a minor point really

Bit fucking daft that , is it not ? Not mentioning that well known players have moved on . Why would that be a particular policy when it has a great interest to the rank and file support of who exactly is in our squad ?

As regards Gibson and indeed Hopkirk they are different in that they departed the club during the season. I should perhaps have clarified that the policy refers to players departing in the summer on expiry of contract and is in preference to forcing managers into announcing a release list.

Clark is a fair point. I put that on the OS, as a footnote to Derek Young re-signing, because in effect that was a transfer rather than a simple expiry due to his age and the club protecting its right to compensation. I perhaps shouldnt have though.