The Queen of the South thread

Archibald said he would've wanted Dowie to stay at Thistle had we not been promoted so he rates him at that level.

For me he was excellent against Morton with their long ball tactics but he has almost next to no pace and got burned a few times.
As cover he will do a good job but I wouldn't like to rely on him for an entire season.

McIntyre always seems to make very predictable signings so Im gonna guess that he signs at least one of Pat Clarke, Joe Cardle, Andy Barrowman or Grant Adam

Adam has never played under McIntyre. Cardle would be a good signing though.

McIntyre always seems to make very predictable signings so Im gonna guess that he signs at least one of Pat Clarke, Joe Cardle, Andy Barrowman or Grant Adam

Cardle's going to get a serious amount of carpet burns if he spends a season with us throwing himself to the astroturf...

None of the other names mentioned there fill me with too much enthusiasm.

Adam has never played under McIntyre. Cardle would be a good signing though.

Well, last I heard Barrowman was off to a trial for a dutch team, Cardle was training with us but has gone for a trial down south and Pat Clarke is probably not going to get offered a new contract at Rovers, and Macintyre didn't rate him anyway.

Higgins to left back, holt left wing? Not how I would play it but may be mcintyres thinking

I really hope not. I wouldn't be surprised to see us go 3 at the back though, with holt to LWB and Paton shifted in to the centre. But Higgins has to be at centre back, he was found out at LB last time we were at this level.

I agree, Higgins is much better at centre back and tottally wasted at left back, but is that not where McIntyre played him at Dunfermline?

We go 3 at the back with Holt and Mitchel as wing backs where do we play Carmichael who was fantastic on the wing last season.

Dowie is too good a centre half to bring in to sit on the bench. So it could be 352 next season . With Black moving on we needed to replace him as well as replacing Smith Robinson and McShane. Russell is Clarks replacement

Also Fitzpatrick and Gibson. Would reckon Gibson may well of been one of our highest paid players last season so that will have freed up some wages

Good signing, would expect him to start, as far as I can see you only have Higgins and Durnan as your other Center backs? Don't know about durnan but as grant said he's better than Higgins, by a significant margin IMO.

Also useful at this level where it's important to be versatile he can fill in at rb and Center mid.

I'm kind of undecided with this one. I didn't think much of him but both Patrick and Dunfermline Fans seem to rate him. I hope it does not mean McIntyre is trying to punt Higgins again like he did before. I've heard rumours of Cardle but I think we're just going to get linked with everyone McIntyre has managed that's available I hope it's not another Gus case.

I think this is a good solid signing for the upcoming 1st Division campaign. Reasonably happy with this one, it adds some depth to the sqaud. McGuffie is fine at right back but quite simply is not a central defender. It stands to reason that we will now be linked with just about everybody who has ever played under McIntyre, thats the nature of football. I don't see any major reshuffle in prospect, but will be interested to see who we bring in as goalkeeper.

Prejudge not that ye be not prejudged.

Give the manager and player a chance. We are in danger of getting cabin fever, if the season doesn't get underway soon.