The Queen of the South thread

Great to see a home friendly this season and it looks like it will be the first match to be played on the new artificial pitch.

Whats happening with the Queens v Middlesbrough match is it going ahead or not?

Agree looking forward to first game on the new pitch. Middlesborough game looking less likely it seems. Post on mad forum implied they didn't want to play on artificial pitch.

I take it Jim and Gerry will be taking training as of tomorrow, I would also expect a number of new faces to be in there trying to get signed up. Who if any from those that were released by Dunfermline would we take?

Did nothing in his time with us to suggest so, infect turning up in his own time after being made redundant says the opposite.

He didn't seam to have a successful time at Dumbarton as a manager in his own right but your being very unfair IMO.

In hindsight you are probably right.

Craig Flannigan is a qualified sport scientist and has been with us recently. He might get the job

Craig has another job, I think with the SPFA. He took pre-season last year too. If he was interested, though, I reckon he'd do a good job

Edited by Mr X

It adds depth after Black left, did well for Partick at the end of the season. Hopefully it doesn't disrupt the partnership formed by Higgins and durnan

I`m OK with the signing. With Black away we needed another central defender. Also McGuffie does well at right back and filled in at centre back last season but not convinced with him as a central defender at higher level than SFL2.

Guest TOPFITTER

Andy Dowie signs for Queens.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Does that mean 2 of our 3 established centre-backs don't float MACCA'S boat? Wonder if Greg Fleming will get the number 1 shirt, another ex-DAFC PLAYER under the new supremo?

Maybe Dowie has signed as killie have made a bid for Durnan

That thought crossed my mind too.

Im a bit torn on this one. On one hand he's a decent player at this level with plenty of experience, but I cant get the McPherson "Old boys" niggle out of my head

Maybe Dowie has signed as killie have made a bid for Durnan

Or maybe the manager just realises we need cover at centre back.

Don`t see that Killie have the cash to be signing players but of course in the nonsense that is Scottish football that probably won`t stop them doing so. Cash up front essential if so.