The Queen of the South thread

279 minutes since queen's last scored, I'm not blaming the strikers it's the build up play which falls short. Willis looks like he has pace but he's not had the service so far

21 minutes ago, Rouky1 said:

279 minutes since queen's last scored, I'm not blaming the strikers it's the build up play which falls short. Willis looks like he has pace but he's not had the service so far

Willis is a young boy just starting out his career had hoped he would be the answer but not yet .

No idea who is going to get us goals the biggest worry is we don't even make any chances .

What is that 4 shots at goal in 3 games nowhere near good enough .

Hope we have more options to try next week right now nothing is working. 

2 hours ago, Dougie Mills said:

What the actual f**k are you talking about?

There was a post on Doonhamers Chat from a local Celtic supporter that used a homophobic term about Lloyd Wilson. It has been removed. There were a few QoS fans who should know better posted laughing reactions to it before it was removed though. Poor from them.

I have no idea if that's what is being referred to here but a number of people should be having a look at themselves.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

There was a post on Doonhamers Chat from a local Celtic supporter that used a homophobic term about Lloyd Wilson. It has been removed. There were a few QoS fans who should know better posted laughing reactions to it before it was removed though. Poor from them.

I have no idea if that's what is being referred to here but a number of people should be having a look at themselves.

So, (as far as we know), Hume wasn't referring to an incident at today's match.  Unacceptable behaviour from those QoS fans? nonetheless.

Edited by Fae_the_'briggs
clarity

2 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

So, (as far as we know), Hume wasn't referring to an incident at today's match.  Unacceptable behaviour from those QoS fans? nonetheless.

Odd behaviour to come on here with the “you lot” nonsense if it wasn’t something on here or at the game!

14 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

What I will say is a Dumfries ref should never be in charge of a Queens game it opens up a can of worms.

Wilson is always a over fussy ref likes the sound of his own whistle but nobody deserves any homophobic posts he at the end of the day is trying to do a difficult job.

5 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

How did the two young Boro lads do yesterday? Just squad/bench fillers or will they threaten first team starts at any point?

They both worry me a bit they  play like young inexperienced boys something we really don't need .

Both are bench fillers when we ever get a full squad .

13 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

How did the two young Boro lads do yesterday? Just squad/bench fillers or will they threaten first team starts at any point?

Hannah looked ok in spells. I expect he'd do fine if there were two other CBs alongside him. 

Willis tried to get forward a couple of times in the first half but ended up turning back. 

They never blew me away but I certainly wouldn't be ruling them out based on yesterday's performance. No one got pass marks for me (possibly Hogarth). 

It’s clearly early days but when you look at this squad I think we have 6 strong, solid performers who are all good enough to be promotion winners at this level namely - Hewitt, Douglas, Brydon, Lyon, O’Donnell, Dickensen. None of these are out and out forward types who will get you goals so that is a negative. We definitely need a striker who can score and make things happen up top.

The other huge problem is getting these 6 players on the park at the same time. They are good enough to carry the team against modest opposition aided by some of the squad players but when 2/3 are absent at the same time as they have been it is a tough watch.

i think we are 2/3 good players away from mounting a challenge (if a couple of those are forwards) but as things stand we are short. That said the L1 opposition is modest so we need the likes of McIntosh, Bryden to start scoring goals but to do that much better chances will have to be created from open play.

2 hours ago, Greenacres said:

They both worry me a bit they  play like young inexperienced boys something we really don't need .

Both are bench fillers when we ever get a full squad 

At something like 25 players already I'd imagine the squad is probably pretty full now tbf ...

31 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

At something like 25 players already I'd imagine the squad is probably pretty full now tbf ...

It is pretty full but I’m just not sure the forwards we have are good enough to get us the goals we will need to get up

4 hours ago, HighlandQueen said:

It is pretty full but I’m just not sure the forwards we have are good enough to get us the goals we will need to get up

I fully agree with you.