The Queen of the South thread

It seems like a few months have passed since a the club emailed out a monthly newsletter.  Have they been abandoned for good?  I thought they were quite informative.

38 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

It seems like a few months have passed since a the club emailed out a monthly newsletter.  Have they been abandoned for good?  I thought they were quite informative.

Dan had a video up a couple of weeks back. I'd imagine that'll cover it for the time being. 

Personally speaking the only thing I want to know the now is when players will be back from injury and if we're going to have a full BoD. I suspect the latter can't be answered if there's nothing to report the now. 

1 hour ago, chomp my root said:

Quick question guys, can you buy tickets at the gate at QoTS ?? Me and a mate are looking to take in the game as an excuse to make o day trip. 

No, you'll need to buy online or head to the arena and purchase a ticket there first. 

14 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

No, you'll need to buy online or head to the arena and purchase a ticket there first. 

Cheers mate, I take it the bar at the stadium is still there, its been a few years since I was down your way, it was always my favourite away day.

8 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

Cheers mate, I take it the bar at the stadium is still there, its been a few years since I was down your way, it was always my favourite away day.

It is. Enjoy! 

2 hours ago, chomp my root said:

I'm guessing you weren't at the 6-0 game 😎 (though to be fair most of us who were there now have a free bus pass).

Our paths have diverged a fair bit in the last 3 year or so, not in a good way from our point of view - Dundee 2-3 Queen of the South: McPake's side drop out of play-off places - BBC Sport  Docherty seems to have been an excellent appointment, certainly marginally better than Bartley....

Hope you enjoy your day out!

On 07/09/2024 at 17:29, Greenacres said:

Willis is a young boy just starting out his career had hoped he would be the answer but not yet .

No idea who is going to get us goals the biggest worry is we don't even make any chances .

What is that 4 shots at goal in 3 games nowhere near good enough .

Hope we have more options to try next week right now nothing is working. 

image.thumb.png.358b1fa2103f39e1431e4da2a1c8ea0f.png

I didn’t make the game. Is that an accurate reflection of what the Queens fans thought. He also said McIntosh was excellent. Is that the case? Just interested as sounds a little positive given we just lost 3-0….

1 hour ago, HighlandQueen said:

image.thumb.png.358b1fa2103f39e1431e4da2a1c8ea0f.png

I didn’t make the game. Is that an accurate reflection of what the Queens fans thought. He also said McIntosh was excellent. Is that the case? Just interested as sounds a little positive given we just lost 3-0….

I’d say he’s very much a glass half full kinda guy! I thought we were poor albeit against a team from a league above and McIntosh hasn’t shown me anything to suggest he’s the answer to our goalscoring problems so far.  I’d like another look at the boy from Ayr as their fans seem to rate him highly.

2 hours ago, MazzyStar said:

I see they’re building a tennis centre at King George. I assume it will be on the big open field (not a very even bit of ground) behind it and the facilities owned by queens won’t be affected? 

It will replace the MUGA (which has been closed and unusable for about 2 - 3 years anyway) immediately behind the gym building. 

Queens don't own anything there, the Queens Trust has an SLA to run the place though. As far as I know the expectation is it will also run the new facility when completed.

4 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

From the OS and BBC updates, looks as though we improved a bit second half ... but still sounds like a narrow win that Arbroath could easily have snatched a point from, aye?

We should have had that game won long before 90 minutes. But I'm happy we created a lot more today. 

6 minutes ago, Dougie Mills said:

Vastly improved when Dickenson was moved further upfield - he’s wasted when he’s played at the back imo.  Thought Lyon was excellent today as well.

Lyon is not only the best player in our side, he's one handsome looking b*****d 😍😍😍