The Queen of the South thread

I know this, it still doesn't detract from my point tho. Same as if he had come from an under 19 side from the premiership, i realise he would of had to play for the under 19's but I wouldn't expect him to be hyped up at this stage. See what I'm saying?

Not really. If he had been at a Premiership club and was good enough he would be playing for the first team. If he came from a premiership U19 side then that would be because thats the level he was good enough for.

The same doesnt really apply in America. Most players will go through the college system, irrespective of how good they are

Honestly you don't know what I was saying without taken my examples literally? Either you are finding my point difficult to understand or your being awkward and I suspect the latter to be the case as I feel your the argumentative type. Ok ill try one last time to get my point across and keep it literal, I understand anyone that plays soccer in America that is at college/uni has to play at that level, could he of went on to the MLS had he stayed in the states? Maybe. What I'm saying is he's not exactly played at a top level, he's been playing against players the same age as him, then he's came over here played one game v an average hearts side and people are building him up, that I don't understand. I fully expect you to find something in there that you will find a disagreement with but this is

My own opinion and until I see him play some competitive games I won't be jumping aboard the wagon.

Honestly you don't know what I was saying without taken my examples literally? Either you are finding my point difficult to understand or your being awkward and I suspect the latter to be the case as I feel your the argumentative type. Ok ill try one last time to get my point across and keep it literal, I understand anyone that plays soccer in America that is at college/uni has to play at that level, could he of went on to the MLS had he stayed in the states? Maybe. What I'm saying is he's not exactly played at a top level, he's been playing against players the same age as him, then he's came over here played one game v an average hearts side and people are building him up, that I don't understand. I fully expect you to find something in there that you will find a disagreement with but this is

My own opinion and until I see him play some competitive games I won't be jumping aboard the wagon.

So when you make a point you're voicing your opinion. When I make a point Im being argumentative? Ok, glad we got that one sorted out

To be honest, I think youre seeing arguments where there are none. I wasnt commenting on your opinion of the player or the 'hype' thats built up. To back up your argument you said he has "only" been playing college football and that your opinion might be different if he had come from the MLS. I was just pointing out that that isnt really relevant, or an indication of how good, or otherwise, he might be. Your example of a young player coming from an EPL club doesnt work. Im sorry if you think that pointing that out is me being awkward. Im not trying to be

So when you make a point you're voicing your opinion. When I make a point Im being argumentative? Ok, glad we got that one sorted out

To be honest, I think youre seeing arguments where there are none. I wasnt commenting on your opinion of the player or the 'hype' thats built up. To back up your argument you said he has "only" been playing college football and that your opinion might be different if he had come from the MLS. I was just pointing out that that isnt really relevant, or an indication of how good, or otherwise, he might be. Your example of a young player coming from an EPL club doesnt work. Im sorry if you think that pointing that out is me being awkward. Im not trying to be

Yes it would be different, if he had came from the MLS I could understand why he was being built up. I never mentioned the EPL, I said the premiership which could of been the Scottish the English or the Irish premiership the point is had he come from the 19's I wouldn't understand the

Hype, had he played at first team level I could see the hype, that's all I'm saying. I'm not slating the player in the slightest here.

Even after one game I would still put Kev in there ahead of McGuffie. He surely can't be any worse, Guff is honking in there.

I'm going to leave it at this, time will tell.

I have no further interest in debating this especially after seen Mr X's comment on the the Accies QOTS thread. Still in shock.

Yes it would be different, if he had came from the MLS I could understand why he was being built up. I never mentioned the EPL, I said the premiership which could of been the Scottish the English or the Irish premiership the point is had he come from the 19's I wouldn't understand the

Hype, had he played at first team level I could see the hype, that's all I'm saying. I'm not slating the player in the slightest here.

What hype? I think you have imagined something that just isn't there.

Apart from no more than handfull of posters on here who are generally speaking positively about his debut particularly when we have had a player playing out of position in the role that Kevin would fill.

Rather than judging the player on what league he has been playing in you could make a judgement on what you have seen of his undoubted footballing abilities either at Palmerston or on video.

But there is no "first team level" in the States, thats the whole point. He was playing at the highest level a player of his age is ever likely to play at. Unless you want to get into a debate about how good a team Dartmouth has compared to other colleges, but that would seem a bit pointless.

Personally, I saw enough against Hearts to see that he is better than the other options we have in midfield, after the first choice three. Whether he will be good enough to compete with them for a regular starting place I dont know

What hype? I think you have imagined something that just isn't there.

Apart from no more than handfull of posters on here who are generally speaking positively about his debut particularly when we have had a player playing out of position in the role that Kevin would fill.

Rather than judging the player on what league he has been playing in you could make a judgement on what you have seen of his undoubted footballing abilities either at Palmerston or on video.

The whole point in what a said was that Its difficult to judge him on the level he has come from. I most certainly won't judge him on 1 appearance v a team of young boys from Edinburgh and ill not judge him on video. I will however judge him on the competitive games he plays and I will most certainly will get behind him like I have with Antell and dowie on their debuts. All I have said is there surely has to be caution taken with this guy because no matter how positive you are about him you know nothing about him or his abilities unless your Jim McIntyre of the boy himself in which case I'd apologise for the last comment and look forward to seeing him/you in action.

The whole point in what a said was that Its difficult to judge him on the level he has come from. I most certainly won't judge him on 1 appearance v a team of young boys from Edinburgh and ill not judge him on video. I will however judge him on the competitive games he plays and I will most certainly will get behind him like I have with Antell and dowie on their debuts. All I have said is there surely has to be caution taken with this guy because no matter how positive you are about him you know nothing about him or his abilities unless your Jim McIntyre of the boy himself in which case I'd apologise for the last comment and look forward to seeing him/you in action.

Young boys who are, on form, the second best team in Scotland.

Have you ever judged a player from what you have seen on the telly? In this case we have a bit more to go on.

That's that imagination of yours at it again.

Is this the first colour co-ordinated post on P&B?

Young boys who are, on form, the second best team in Scotland.

Have you ever judged a player from what you have seen on the telly? In this case we have a bit more to go on.

That's that imagination of yours at it again.

Is this the first colour co-ordinated post on P&B?

The team hearts have put out the last 3 games in the league is completely different side that was at Palmerston and you can't tell me you can compare pre season friendlys to league form. Will we take 4 off st mirren tomorrow night? Doubtful.

Oh yes I have judged players on the tele. Not on a highlighted video reel tho, you changed the goalposts on that one.

Apologies, I forgot tongue in cheek doesn't come across on the Internet.

The team hearts have put out the last 3 games in the league is completely different side that was at Palmerston and you can't tell me you can compare pre season friendlys to league form. Will we take 4 off st mirren tomorrow night? Doubtful.

Oh yes I have judged players on the tele. Not on a highlighted video reel tho, you changed the goalposts on that one.

Apologies, I forgot tongue in cheek doesn't come across on the Internet.

Not true. You should carry out some research before coming out with such obviously wrong dogmatic statements. 6/7/8 of the players that started at Palmerston have started the league games for Hearts with most of the others coming on as subs during the game

I prefer to deal in empirical observations rather than blind assumptions.

My point was, before it gets lost, was that Kevin was playing against a decent SPL team and not just a bunch of kids as you are (wrongly) suggesting in order to support your argument.

Not true. You should carry out some research before coming out with such obviously wrong dogmatic statements. 6/7/8 of the players that started at Palmerston have started the league games for Hearts with most of the others coming on as subs during the game

I prefer to deal in empirical observations rather than blind assumptions.

My point was, before it gets lost, was that Kevin was playing against a decent SPL team and not just a bunch of kids as you are (wrongly) suggesting in order to support your argument.

There is no argument here. My opinion is that I can't see any reason to suggest that the boy is or isn't better than what we already have other than playing against an average hearts team. No matter how you gloss up the fact hearts are doing well in the SPL. You are being a little naive if you think that friendlys are a way to gauge how good a side is going to be in their respective leagues. In my opinion which is clearly different to yours ( which I don't have any issue with) I'd prefer to see more of him before I jumped in all guns blazing and gave a honest assessment of him. I don't know why you are getting jumped up about the point I'm trying to make which is based on my opinion. Your trying to create an argument out of nothing and trying to make me out to be some stupid young boy who isn't allowed an opinion because it doesn't go along with yours and hours status quo! Your making it out that im suggesting he's a bad player when you couldn't be further from the truth.

Ill summarise my point one last time and

It's based on my own opinion.

The boy has come from playing college football ( no disrespect to intended as its a starting point for most if not all MLS signed players) as mr x pointed out irrespective of your quality you play at this level in the states. He's came over here played one game against (in my opinion) an average hearts side and impressed enough to be signed I don't have issue with signing him on the back of the friendly as I'd tent to trust the managers judgement, what I do question and again it's based on my opinion is that people on here have been getting abit excited about him and making claims that he is better than young and whoever else plays that position ( or words to that effect). Now it is my view that I find it hard to jump aboard that wagon until I have seen him play in a competitive fixture. I have also said I hope he turns out to be a great signing and I'm sure he will be.

Still think its amazing that after 1 game versus a poor hearts side people are suggesting the American boy will walk straight into the side as if he's came with a massive reputation. From what I've picked up he has spent his career playing college soccer which is hardly a reputation that would have me filled with huge excitement, I know 2 people from this town who played college soccer in the states and are now playing for Dalbeattie Star and Heston. That said I am noway writing him off and I do hope he's a success,

I'm not suggesting he walks straight into the team, in fact I'd go as far as to say McShane could be a better prospect.

I'm not suggesting he walks straight into the team, in fact I'd go as far as to say McShane could be a better prospect.

Lol that is funny, in the 10 odd times I have seen Ian Mcshane he has shown zero glimpses of a player I will ever get remotely excited about. How Jim Mcintyre keeps over looking Slattery for the bench is beyond me. Slattery looked very good tail end of last season just shows how different two managers see things.

Lol that is funny, in the 10 odd times I have seen Ian Mcshane he has shown zero glimpses of a player I will ever get remotely excited about. How Jim Mcintyre keeps over looking Slattery for the bench is beyond me. Slattery looked very good tail end of last season just shows how different two managers see things.

McShane and Splatters are at least 2 years younger than Kev,

Time will tell.

McShane and Splatters are at least 2 years younger than Kev,

Time will tell.

I wasn't really involving Kev in my point, my point was about Slattery and Mcshane. For me Slattery is head and shoulders above Mcshane in a game situation, he looks for the ball and uses it fairly well. Mcshane hides in games and is mainly a passenger. At Airdrie I forgot he was on the pitch until he went on a run midway into the second half. Magic clearly preferred Slattery McIntyre is the opposite. Harsh on Slattery I think.

Is three league games the record for downright despair and pessimism ? Supporting 4-4-2 brigade is fully out in force when in reality he won't change it. Personally McGuffie is too slow and not very good on the ball but is just filling in while young was missing, now you have two players who can play that position which should reduce Guffs midfield playing (hopefully pernamently) . I very much doubt that they are going to change a formation that they have spent the entire summer working on.

Also Allan Johnston is gone, some people seem to can't come to terms with that. Move on already.

Not really sure how you can conclude that considering McShane spent pretty much the entire year that Johnston was in charge out injured.

Johnston wasn't exactly keen to offer Mcshane a deal on what he had seen. He saw him in training every day when he was back fit.