The Queen of the South thread

Plans to open a small section of the Terregles Street End for Rangers game if it can be completed in time I'm hearing . A lot depends on when the game is & obviously it's completion

About time,I did think it would be sorted for the possible visit next season against rangers.

Extra ticket revenue will help pay for it thanks Sevco.

Well done again the board if this is the case.

Plans to open a small section of the Terregles Street End for Rangers game if it can be completed in time I'm hearing . A lot depends on when the game is & obviously it's completion

True. It's looking like the overall capacity of the ground will be increased even taking into account the loss of the terrace to make way for the warm up area.

The area behind the goal will be for away fans only though. Hopefully it'll be finished in time for the hordes of the great unwashed to fill on the 7th/8th Sept.

Great idea. It will be down to the Police but I would think that a small number (500) would be able to stand safely on the Terregles Street End as long as the barriers are sound and they are kept away from the back railing which I used to stand against and sit on when I was 12!

Great idea. It will be down to the Police but I would think that a small number (500) would be able to stand safely on the Terregles Street End as long as the barriers are sound and they are kept away from the back railing which I used to stand against and sit on when I was 12!

It's only going to be on the flat part behind the new pitchside barrier, the stepped part of the terrace will be fenced off. It should still allow another 350 - 400 in though.

Is it the police or the council who decide on the capacity/safety?

The overall cpacity at Palmerston is a joke considering there were more people on the covered terrace at the Rangers game in 1976 than are allowed into the entire ground now. I appreciate that such numbers wouldn't be considered to be safe now but it has gone too far the other way, imo.

Norman Blount said in Copenhagen, that he'd never want a penny back from his 'loan'. I'm led to believe it was Mark who gifted the club a significant amount a few seasons back, when we were in trouble. Queens family through and through, whom through hard work, are in a lucky position to be contribute large amounts on money to the club.

Taking nothing away from the rest, as I'm sure from the accounts that Rae was owed a large amount also.

Great gesture by men, who not only run the club but love it.

Even looking back at the first page, it shows the situation we were in, threat of admin, part time football, crowds under 1000 and the possibility that we could go back to the early 1990s spending many years in the seaside leagues. Apart from appointing Gus and the Sevco Debacle, they have been brilliant. The recovery last year and the success, the fact we have a better chance of getting promoted to the Premiership with a smaller wage budget than the Chisholm/Brannigan years, several positive developments around Palmerston and the sound financial planning involved.

Hopefully we can keep building on this news and stay debt free in a very difficult climate. Not many teams in any league can say that they have no debt.

The news about former directors waiving away their loans to the club show how lucky Queens have been in having such people behind the club. Selfless acts all round.

Absolutely fantastic gesture from all concerned.

Queen of the South are indeted to these ex/ current Chairmen & Directors TRUE SUPPORTERS of our Great we Club.

Would be really nice if the people of the town and surrounding areas could support this great club even more as we stride forwards.

Up the South.

It is a brilliant gesture by the directors/former directors.

I assume that the club has sufficient tax losses brought forward to cover the amounts because the release of the debt is taxable as income.