The Queen of the South thread

Anyone else concerned about the toll these four hard/ important games in quick succession are going to have on the team ?

IF the manager uses the full squad at his disposal I don't see it being a problem!

Or that striker who was with us last year, forgot his name.

Clark 'Couldn't lace Dobbie's boots'. World's apart in quality.

Anyone else concerned about the toll these four hard/ important games in quick succession are going to have on the team ?

No doubt JM will say at some point that it has taken it's toll on the players, but undoubtedly won't change the line-up ;)

Clark 'Couldn't lace Dobbie's boots'. World's apart in quality.

No doubt JM will say at some point that it has taken it's toll on the players, but undoubtedly won't change the line-up ;)

I know that and you know that but a lot of others don't.

From Official site

Kevin Dzierzawski Finally Cleared to Play

We are delighted to be able to confirm that our new American signing Kevin Dzierzawski has finally been cleared to play for us. Although we won an appeal to have the SFA endorse Kevin`s work permit application and international clearance was received over a week ago, we were still in the hands of the British Embassy in New York for the actual issue of the work permit. The appropriate paperwork has now been received and lodged with the SFA and SPFL and Kevin will fly in to rejoin the squad tomorrow.

We look forward to seeing him make his debut.

It`s clear that Dobbie is an excellent player at championship level but the Prem is a step too far it would seem. It was reported that Palace paid £800-900K for him and gave him a 2 year deal so it seems utterly bizarre to bin him now especially given he started their first league game V Spurs. Presumably the transfer was agreed up front when they were keen to get him on loan. Big outlay for essentially half a season, especially given the loan deal ran out before the play-offs in any case. Presumably he`ll get a loan deal soon and then a move in January.

Top top player for us. My all time favourite QOS player.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

Surely that award has to go to the one and only Stephen Simmons!!!!

Simmons will be remembered by Queens fans for many years to come but I am not certain it will be because they rate him in the legendary category. I wish I could erase my memories of him in a Qos shirt but its difficult at this moment.

Hughie Gallacher? Probably not.

Hughie Gallacher went on to become a genuine world great in the fledgling game, after his handful of appearances for us.

Houliston got caps too and guys like Ivor Broadis must have been decent too.

In any spell that could be considered modern though, Dobbie's been the best player, while actually playing for us, by a distance. A truly wonderful player at our level, which was higher than the one Andy Thomson starred at.

Too many managers have now not picked him in the top flight, for them all to be wrong. He must just lack that bit of athleticism. In terms of talent though, I wouldn't expect us to see anyone like him at Palmerston anytime soon.

Something wrong with the teams strength and conditioning work if that's the case.

We have suffered on a Saturday if played midweek for as long as I can remember. Please don't count last seasons walkover. One extra time game on a TUESDAY ( ie four days rest) was enough to have the team playing with lead in their boots on the Saturday. Going on that evidence , think of Raith sat, the rangers tues, Morton sat , Hearts Wed and Dumbarton Sat. By the way , I made a mistake . I meant we will be spent by the Dumbarton game ( where we might get away with it because of the opposition) and not the Morton game where we might need a bit in the reserve tank.. Shame fat sally didn't think his massive squad was equipped enough to take us on this weekend . That way we could have got one match out the road. Well done McCoist on a great con trick . You need all your new signings to have a couple of competitive games together before facing us so conveniently postpone it . Edited by JRS LEFT PEG

In any spell that could be considered modern though, Dobbie's been the best player, while actually playing for us, by a distance. A truly wonderful player at our level, which was higher than the one Andy Thomson starred at.

Too many managers have now not picked him in the top flight, for them all to be wrong. He must just lack that bit of athleticism. In terms of talent though, I wouldn't expect us to see anyone like him at Palmerston anytime soon.

Very much this. To put it in musical terms he's pretty much like myself "Too old to rock n roll, too young to die " :2cool Ie too good for Scotland, not good enough for the EPL!

Best player to ever play for Queen's.

Without getting into a long debate about who is/was the best Queens player, or picking a best ever 11, I would agree that he was the best player with the ball at his feet who played in that position. My opinion for other "departments":

Goalie: Allan Ball; Defender: Mike Barker: Midfield; Chris Balderstone. It would be interesting to hear other peoples opinions. (Not really, I probably won't be ar**d to read them)

I am too young to have seen Maradonna play, but I will happily go on record that Messi is the best player to walk the earth. Football has improved dramatically in the last 15 or so years I can remember so on that I will happily say we have had none better than Dobbie.

Maradona was the best pal. I have seen them both . Messi couldn't take an ordinary team by the scruff of the neck and win them the World Cup . Diego Armando Maradona could . Proof is, ask anyone how many of Argentina 86 WC winning team they can name ? Without naming the obvious person what people would expect me to say was better than Dobs , Tommy Bryce was . Edited by JRS LEFT PEG

Dobbie was one of the best players that I have seen play for Queens.Do not think he will be that bothered about not being in the 25 he will now just have to go to the bank and check he has around 500,000 in there to live on.

Edited by Northfield 53