The Queen of the South thread

Bet their glad they haven't paid for him, could be paying him off soon.

Some of us said that Johnston was better staying put but others defiantly said otherwise and he should go and chase his dreams . Early indications and all that eh !

Some of us said that Johnston was better staying put but others defiantly said otherwise and he should go and chase his dreams . Early indications and all that eh !

Of course he would of been better staying put. Killie is hardly chasing your dreams.

Of course he would of been better staying put. Killie is hardly chasing your dreams.

Depends what your dreams are. I'm sure many people would laugh at you or I for wanting to be a QoS player or manager.

I wouldn't want to do either also I'm sure Magic didn't dream of being Killie manager the fact it's a higher level and more money are the main reasons.

So what's the issue? Whether he is losing games the now or not, as you say he is still managing at a higher level than here and making more money, I doubt he is thinking about QoS at all.

Time will tell. I don't think Killie will be stupid enough to sack him, he just needs time. As I say though as things stand he has made the right decision IMO (even if it stings for me that he left).

Time will tell. I don't think Killie will be stupid enough to sack him, he just needs time. As I say though as things stand he has made the right decision IMO (even if it stings for me that he left).

What happens if they have to sack him and pay him off if they haven't paid us yet ?

They sacked their last manager after he won silverware and had them playing some of the best football in the Spl. No money to spend and a poorish squad. Further cementing how poor a decision it was to leave Queens.

What happens if they have to sack him and pay him off if they haven't paid us yet ?

I don't know the law. If it's tongue in cheek with regards to my comment, I stated "as things stand", he is better where he is.

They sacked their last manager after he won silverware and had them playing some of the best football in the Spl. No money to spend and a poorish squad. Further cementing how poor a decision it was to leave Queens.

I don't know the ins and outs of the whole story, but I'm pretty confident KS was in a similar situation to Kenny Brannigan in that he did well on the field but was a gobsh*te off the park and that is what effectively lost him his job.

The facts just now are that Alan Johnstone moved to a bigger club who play in a higher division and his wages will likely be far better. IF he gets sacked then obviously it was a bad move for him, but as things stand he is in a better job. FWIW I think if Johnstone had stayed here for a year and did well with us then he could have likely got a better offer, but then again if he had a poor season he'd have likely gone off everyone's radar.

I don't know the law. If it's tongue in cheek with regards to my comment, I stated "as things stand", he is better where he is.

I don't know the ins and outs of the whole story, but I'm pretty confident KS was in a similar situation to Kenny Brannigan in that he did well on the field but was a gobsh*te off the park and that is what effectively lost him his job.

The facts just now are that Alan Johnstone moved to a bigger club who play in a higher division and his wages will likely be far better. IF he gets sacked then obviously it was a bad move for him, but as things stand he is in a better job. FWIW I think if Johnstone had stayed here for a year and did well with us then he could have likely got a better offer, but then again if he had a poor season he'd have likely gone off everyone's radar.

It's Johnston btw and define a poor season. We keep having to remind ourselves that this division is much harder. Yeh if he had taken us back down but anything from 1st-6th wouldn't be seen as a failure IMO.

It's Johnston btw and define a poor season. We keep having to remind ourselves that this division is much harder. Yeh if he had taken us back down but anything from 1st-6th wouldn't be seen as a failure IMO.

And end discussion.

Edited by 19QOS19

Guest TOPFITTER

the_vortex, on 28 Aug 2013 - 15:37, said:snapback.png

You still think Derek Lyle isn't any good ...?

Your going to troll through my previous posts for a comment i have made about lyle. You really need to find yourself a nice hobby or female and maybe get a life

Nice deflection, but will it suffice???