The Queen of the South thread

Great news. For me American footballers bring something different in the form of athleticism coupled with intelligence.

His showing in his trial game was very impressive. I have high hopes of Kevin Dzierzawski.

I think it is pronounced jee-er-zoffski!

Edited by MacWatt

Sorry, I dont get this scapegoat stuff. Who has blamed him for any of the goals on Saturday?

Of course a new season, in a higher league, brings a new set of challenges. But, surely, the team has to be up to those challenges? If it isnt, then either the players are at fault for not performing, or the manager is at fault for signing them. Why shouldnt we discuss this?

The team certainly looked up to the challenge last season, particularly against full-time opposition in the cups. From an outside perspective, it would appear as though a) there are problems with Calum Antell's lack of communication and confidence in coming off his line and b) there was absolutely no need to break up the Chris Higgins - Mark Durnan defensive partnership. I agree with a poster above who said that Durnan is not some kind of magic tonic that will cure the ills, but given how well the pair performed last season, it seemed senseless to break them up to accommodate Andy Dowie.

That's my two cents, and you're welcome to them.

That post is right on the money . " Senseless " a good way to describe it.

Great news. For me American footballers bring something different in the form of athleticism coupled with intelligence.

His showing in his trial game was very impressive. I have high hopes of Kevin Dzierzawski.

I think we need some clarification on how its pronounced!

Good news, and well done to the manager and club for pursuing this deal.

My club history is pretty sketchy, but is Kevin the first-ever Sherman Tank to sign for Queens?

Im sure it was discussed before. Cant remember the outcome though :lol: He'll definitely be the first Harvard Graduate

I think we need some clarification on how its pronounced!

Im sure it was discussed before. Cant remember the outcome though :lol: He'll definitely be the first Harvard Graduate

I think it's Jer-zav-ski. I'll see what I can find out though!

He's not a Harvard Graduate. And the outcome of the first discussion was that we think he is. Jeff McLean is Canadian. Martyn Lancaster is English despite coming from the US and returning there and having an American wife. Ben Dawson who played a few games for us in the Connolly era having come from American college soccer was also English (and is now the Football Development Officer at Newcastle United and a holder of a UEFA A Licence for coaching)

He's not a Harvard Graduate. And the outcome of the first discussion was that we think he is. Jeff McLean is Canadian. Martyn Lancaster is English despite coming from the US and returning there and having an American wife. Ben Dawson who played a few games for us in the Connolly era having come from American college soccer was also English (and is now the Football Development Officer at Newcastle United and a holder of a UEFA A Licence for coaching)

Of course, I meant Dartmouth! Shame on me, getting my Ivy League colleges mixed up :lol:

He's certainly the first signing to arrive with a massive amount of hype despite being a complete unknown.I hope he lives up to it.

In terms of foreign imports in the league this year, he doesn't have to do much to be better than the dross at Morton.

Listen, I'm not saying he can't be compared to other keepers and FWIW I agree that there are much better keepers in the league at the moment. It's the nit-picking at stupid details that I have a problem with or purposely looking at him as a scapegoat. Like I say the fact he is new to our last seasons successful squad makes it easy to make him a scapegoat and its not right IMO. New season better opposition brings a bigger set of challenges, sooner folk accept that the sooner they will get behind the team instead of looking at negatives!

Sorry, I dont get this scapegoat stuff. Who has blamed him for any of the goals on Saturday?

Of course a new season, in a higher league, brings a new set of challenges. But, surely, the team has to be up to those challenges? If it isnt, then either the players are at fault for not performing, or the manager is at fault for signing them. Why shouldnt we discuss this?

That 19QOS19 was blaming him for a goal yet noone else seemed to blame him and skyline's opinion was the complete opposite that is what I'm getting at, looking for slight faults in what he does in order to make him a scapegoat.

Anyway you'll be happy that your centre mid has signed up and I hope he proves to be a good signing, would be quite refreshing if me and you could agree on something.

Queens haven't really signed many foreign players, especially ones that have never played in Scotland. Stuart Lovell is the only bona fide foreigner I can think off, Paddy Atkinson was born somewhere like Singapore but was English.

Listen, I'm not saying he can't be compared to other keepers and FWIW I agree that there are much better keepers in the league at the moment. It's the nit-picking at stupid details that I have a problem with or purposely looking at him as a scapegoat. Like I say the fact he is new to our last seasons successful squad makes it easy to make him a scapegoat and its not right IMO. New season better opposition brings a bigger set of challenges, sooner folk accept that the sooner they will get behind the team instead of looking at negatives!

That 19QOS19 was blaming him for a goal yet noone else seemed to blame him and skyline's opinion was the complete opposite that is what I'm getting at, looking for slight faults in what he does in order to make him a scapegoat.

Anyway you'll be happy that your centre mid has signed up and I hope he proves to be a good signing, would be quite refreshing if me and you could agree on something.

Your point being caller? I thought he was at fault for a goal on Saturday because for me he could have dealt with the shot better; the one that resulted in Livi getting a corner and scoring. That's my opinion of it and in your eyes that's me making him a scapegoat?! :huh:

I thought Guff was poor in the middle and Higgins and Dowie were poor at times as well, with latter playing a major part in letting Livi in for 1-0. 3 more scapegoats there going by your logic!

I never slated Antell last week when others were, and I haven't exactly said anything out of order about him this week. The fact remains though that he doesn't look convincing when balls are played into the box.

People picking up on Antell's weakness is hardly making him a scapegoat, it's stating the obvious and IMO expressing it here is far better than doing it at the game, so wind your neck in a wee bit when people are only expressing their concerns.

I think it's Jer-zav-ski.

However, it should be pronounced Di-zaw-skee.

:lol:

Queens haven't really signed many foreign players, especially ones that have never played in Scotland. Stuart Lovell is the only bona fide foreigner I can think off, Paddy Atkinson was born somewhere like Singapore but was English.

That was always hilarious/annoying in Football Manager when he jetted off to play internationals :lol:

They never signed a deal as far as I am aware, but we had a Nigerian come on as a sub up at Dingwall one year (getting injured in the process) and I can remember Dmitri Provinovski (nae danger that is how it's spelled :lol: ) coming on against Airdrie and setting up Burns for our first win of the season when Iain Scott was in charge. I can't think of any more foreign players off the top of my head. Edited by 19QOS19

Guest TOPFITTER

Ok think I'll go for JETSKI as a name/nickname think everyone will understand and be able to say that ROTFL :lol::lol::lol: