The Queen of the South thread

Looking forward to seeing fans occupying the terregles end next tues, believe it has passed the council safety, police & fire check today.

A lot of hard work going on at Palmerston well done all.

So if it only passed safety checks today , when will Rangers receive tickets so they can start selling them . It doesn't leave much time .

Aidan Smith is most definately a better than good prospect . Stuart Rome wanted him to spend another season with the 19's

but our ex manager wanted him with the first team squad . He could/will/should hopefully become a 1st team player in the next couple of years but lets give him time and encourage him . MON THE SOUTH

I went to the same primary as him but a few years, and he is a real talent for sure. I really don't know how you can judge him from a half time kick about when It's a certainty he won't play that game. He's a terrific prospect IMO.

looking at the under 19s squad there is whole load of players from North of England, could be a great place to pick up gems that aren't good enough for the big teams

I'm sure most of us know professional football players who have a wee bet on Saturday .

I've see several Queens players putting on their fixed odds over the years . Not sure if they bet against their own team though ;)

I have watched many players from teams visiting Palmerston in the past putting football coupons on in the town on a sat afternoon, not hiding the fact by wearing club track suits etc.

I have watched many players from teams visiting Palmerston in the past putting football coupons on in the town on a sat afternoon, not hiding the fact by wearing club track suits etc.

I wish a few of ours had bet on themselves beating Alloa the other week. We might have at least tried a bit harder.

I wish a few of ours had bet on themselves beating Alloa the other week. We might have at least tried a bit harder.

I don't know why everyone's so fixated on this Alloa game the other week. It was no worse than any of the four league games with Alloa last season. They were all like that. Personally I doubt it had much to do with midweek exertions, just a typical Alloa game.

I don't know why everyone's so fixated on this Alloa game the other week. It was no worse than any of the four league games with Alloa last season. They were all like that. Personally I doubt it had much to do with midweek exertions, just a typical Alloa game.

Agree.

Personally I can't see any harm in players having a bet on the football, as long as they're not betting on a game they are involved in obviously. Having been found guilty of betting on games his team was involved in I think Ian Black got off lightly with 3 game immediate suspension and another 7 game suspended suspension. I think he should be banned for life, besides I just don't like the whining wee clogger. It now looks as if the authorities are going to revise their rules about players betting, too late, I'm glad to say, for Mr. Black.

Edited by Fae_the_'briggs

Personally I can't see any harm in players having a bet on the football, as long as they're not betting on a game they are involved in obviously. Having been found guilty of betting on games his team was involved in I think Ian Black got off lightly with 3 game immediate suspension and another 7 game suspended suspension. I think he should be banned for life, besides I just don't like the whining wee clogger. It now looks as if the authorities are going to revise their rules about players betting, too late, I'm glad to say, for Mr. Black.

He has had a 10 game ban? which draconian rules are they FTP?