The Queen of the South thread

It is madness not to train at least one day a week in Dumfries.

McIntrye at the meet the manager night tried to say that we would miss out on new signing if they had to train in Dumfries.

Most of the Dundee squad are from Glasgow they travel up to Dundee every day.

When we have to train inside we will hire somewhere in Glasgow rather than use our new indoor 3G pitches which are almost ready to use.

It is madness not to train at least one day a week in Dumfries.McIntrye at the meet the manager night tried to say that we would miss out on new signing if they had to train in Dumfries.Most of the Dundee squad are from Glasgow they travel up to Dundee every day.When we have to train inside we will hire somewhere in Glasgow rather than use our new indoor 3G pitches which are almost ready to use.

Yes but ad put a £ on it they are on better wages.

They train four times a week so why not twice in Dumfries and twice in Cumbernauld . At least they would get more familiar with our surface and not have to put their precious Glaswegian noses out of joint too much by having to come down here all the time . I include the manager in this as well.

We'd need to get a Nandos in Dumfries before it becomes a viable place to attract professional footballers. Forget traffic and all that pish, it's all about the Chicken.

For what its worth, I believe that McIntyre should resign out of protest if he has to train in Dumfries. Imagine having to work under those conditions and having to leave the central belt.

We'd need to get a Nandos in Dumfries before it becomes a viable place to attract professional footballers. Forget traffic and all that pish, it's all about the Chicken.

For what its worth, I believe that McIntyre should resign out of protest if he has to train in Dumfries. Imagine having to work under those conditions and having to leave the central belt.

The BOD should say that they will pick the team, usually does the trick.

They train four times a week so why not twice in Dumfries and twice in Cumbernauld . At least they would get more familiar with our surface and not have to put their precious Glaswegian noses out of joint too much by having to come down here all the time . I include the manager in this as well.

Didnt Jim McIntyre say at the meet the fans night that the whole package at Cumbernauld was there for them, ie training pitch, gym, medical/physio facilities, food, etc and that they had moved there cos it was better than the facilities at Glasgow Green? Unless all of these facilities were available at Palmy the manager obviously feels that Cumbernauld is currently the better option and I would tend to agree with this.

I also think its a red herring to blame results on the fact that we dont train on the home pitch. We have played on it 14 times this season, which is 13 times more than most of our opponents and this should be enough of an advantage. I think it distracts from the real reasons that were are not doing well, which is a combination of bad management/poor performances from players/better standards in the league.

Didnt Jim McIntyre say at the meet the fans night that the whole package at Cumbernauld was there for them, ie training pitch, gym, medical/physio facilities, food, etc and that they had moved there cos it was better than the facilities at Glasgow Green? Unless all of these facilities were available at Palmy the manager obviously feels that Cumbernauld is currently the better option and I would tend to agree with this.

I also think its a red herring to blame results on the fact that we dont train on the home pitch. We have played on it 14 times this season, which is 13 times more than most of our opponents and this should be enough of an advantage. I think it distracts from the real reasons that were are not doing well, which is a combination of bad management/poor performances from players/better standards in the league.

Yes, pretty sure that's what he said

Totally agree about the pitch. Complete red herring

Yes, he did say ( according to the video of event) that the facilities up there are very good. He also said that we were among a group of seven or eight teams that pay roughly the same wages and that to attract prospective signings that they have to train in Cumbernauld. That basically means players that he fancies will not come down here to train four times a week. Going back for a second to what you mentioned about the pitch. A number of opposing players have complained about the way our pitch plays . This means to me that it plays slightly differently to other 3G surfaces and that we should want to master it to our advantage . I don't think these 'superstars' from the Central Belt area could be put off too much in signing for us if a compromise was made regarding training ie half there and half here . There are that many full time football places available in this country that we should be dictated to by , lets face it , in the main , ordinary players . I appreciate that other facilities are not with us JUST YET but as soon as they are , then I expect things to be different. Mark Blount tweeted me about a fortnight ago and he expects there to be more training in Dumfries when things are more up to scratch facility wise . Edited by JRS LEFT PEG

If anyone is interested, Mr Goo has loaded all the goals from the crazy 6-5 win over Morton in 2002 onto a thread on Qos Mad. Well worth watching and will re-jog memory bank. Going on to Queens Mad might be considered beneath some of you by yourselves but there you go if you want

Edited by JRS LEFT PEG

Glasgow has Nandos, Dumfries has The Fleshers. Definitely not for the chicken.

Or we can just follow said poster on YouTube.....

Anyway I thought one of the main attractions of training in Glasgow was to attract better players? Surely nothing has changed on that front.

Watch them goals any way you want mate . You young lads are better at putting up links than computer illiterates like me.

Yes, he did say ( according to the video of event) that the facilities up there are very good. He also said that we were among a group of seven or eight teams that pay roughly the same wages and that to attract prospective signings that they have to train in Cumbernauld. That basically means players that he fancies will not come down here to train four times a week. Going back for a second to what you mentioned about the pitch. A number of opposing players have complained about the way our pitch plays . This means to me that it plays slightly differently to other 3G surfaces and that we should want to master it to our advantage . I don't think these 'superstars' from the Central Belt area could be put off too much in signing for us if a compromise was made regarding training ie half there and half here . There are that many full time football places available in this country that we should be dictated to by , lets face it , in the main , ordinary players . I appreciate that other facilities are not with us JUST YET but as soon as they are , then I expect things to be different. Mark Blount tweeted me about a fortnight ago and he expects there to be more training in Dumfries when things are more up to scratch facility wise .

And yet they still manage to beat us. So, they manage to play, and win, on the pitch without ever having played on it before, never mind training on it regularly

Edited by Mr X

And yet they still manage to beat us. So, they manage to play, and win, on the pitch without ever having played on it before, never mind training on it regularly
If you think our present training regime is adequate then fine . Its a no brainer to me that we are not using the pitch to our advantage and if we trained on it more then our form would be better. Of course , our form would be better if McIntyre didn't use a blindfold and a pencil to pick the midfield and front. I am desperate for us to compete well tomorrow but we cannot afford to hinder ourselves selection wise as the task is difficult enough even at our best.

If you think our present training regime is adequate then fine . Its a no brainer to me that we are not using the pitch to our advantage and if we trained on it more then our form would be better. Of course , our form would be better if McIntyre didn't use a blindfold and a pencil to pick the midfield and front. I am desperate for us to compete well tomorrow but we cannot afford to hinder ourselves selection wise as the task is difficult enough even at our best.

Given that training prepares the team for matches and we're not doing well enough for matches, anyone saying the training is "adequate" would be clearly wrong.

The point, though, is that I dont believe training on the Palmerston pitch will really make any difference. Its the wrong thing to focus on

Got to ask if anyone still thinks Allan Johnston made the correct decision in the summer ? The axe must be in near touching distance now.

In hindsight the obvious answer is no. But as I have previously said, he will be on a lot more money and in a higher league, so career wise I don't think he made the wrong decision. If he is given time I still think the guy can do a job at Killie.