The Queen of the South thread

A lot ( all?) of those 'initiatives' Flash has listed that JM has brought in have failed . This leads me to believe that points have therefore been lost that would not have been under the previous regime and we would be sitting more comfortably under Johnston. This is actually not a JM bashing piece as such, just pointing out that AJ would have a safe job here instead of probably one game away from the sack. Equate that up and it was a bad career move.

Im not arguing that AJ wouldnt have done a better job than McIntyre. What Im saying is that turning down the Killie job would have, at best, been taking a chance that he could continue being successful at Queens and then hoping for a job to come up and then competing with a lot of other good applicants to get it.

I'm definitely with Mr X on this one.

Of course it would be difficult for anyone to now claim that Johnston made a wise move. However, for the reasons given above, I fully understand why he felt he couldn't let the chance go by, even if the circumstances round it were imperfect.

I called it a bad move from the start and without any hindsight . I feel more than vindicated now and will leave it at that.

I'm not suggesting you're merely being wise after the event here JR.

It was clear in the summer that given their own turmoil, Kilmarnock was not the ideal top flight club to join. It was the available one though and for that reason, I fully understood his decision and considered it an obvious one to make.

I'm looking forward to next week's visit to New St. Mirren Park, or whatever it's called, for Queens' first competitive game at that venue. My first visit too. Before that however we have a very important game at Dumbarton and I hope we approach it with the same positive attacking attitude that we displayed against the Paisleyites. No tinkering please Mr. McIntyre.

I called it a bad move from the start and without any hindsight . I feel more than vindicated now and will leave it at that.

I also wasnt suggesting you were being wise after the event either, I remember quite clearly you saying this at the time

What is slightly puzzling me though, is why, when you clearly knew AJ was going to crash and burn at Killie, you were so keen for him to stay at Queens. Are we really at the point where we are desperate for managers not good enough for Killie?

I also wasnt suggesting you were being wise after the event either, I remember quite clearly you saying this at the time

What is slightly puzzling me though, is why, when you clearly knew AJ was going to crash and burn at Killie, you were so keen for him to stay at Queens. Are we really at the point where we are desperate for managers not good enough for Killie?

Got to love that reply Mr X. Career as a Labour/ Tory spin doctor awaits you. Lets just say that some bosses , like some players, are made for certain teams . Yes , that one has put a wry grin on my face .

We appear desperate to keep one not good enough for Dunfermline.

Edited cos I can't spell.

Edited by Flash

Got to love that reply Mr X. Career as a Labour/ Tory spin doctor awaits you. Lets just say that some bosses , like some players, are made for certain teams . Yes , that one has put a wry grin on my face .

It was a serious point, though, made in a not very serious way.

No-one predicted that things would go so badly for AJ at Kilmarnock. A few places up the league and/or still in either of the cups and his decision wouldnt look like the wrong one

Interesting to note that at the AGM it was said that some clubs are offering more in part time contracts than we do in full time ones . There is a summary of the AGM on Qos Mad.

Not exactly what he said. What he said was that some part time clubs have one or two players earning similar wages to our higher paid players. I appreciate it's splitting hairs to an extent but he wasn't suggesting some clubs were paying all their part-timers more than our full timers.

Not exactly what he said. What he said was that some part time clubs have one or two players earning similar wages to our higher paid players. I appreciate it's splitting hairs to an extent but he wasn't suggesting some clubs were paying all their part-timers more than our full timers.

Fair enough . The chinese whisper effect probably mean't that what I said was slightly distorted from what actually was.