The Queen of the South thread

From BBC website

And Hughes is smart enough not to meddle with the successful formula put in place by Terry Butcher.

"It's carry on regardless and letting these boys go and do their stuff," he explained.

"It's business as usual. I will be trying to do the best for my players to go out on the pitch and express themselves on Saturday. Keep that spirit, see if I can add to it and just keep the good work going."

Odd to describe not meddling with a successful formula as "smart". Far better to come in, change the system and way the team plays to fit in with your own ideas rather than play players in a system that suits them and in a way that they are used to. Being only 6 points behind Alloa at this stage is absolute proof of that.

From BBC website

And Hughes is smart enough not to meddle with the successful formula put in place by Terry Butcher.

"It's carry on regardless and letting these boys go and do their stuff," he explained.

"It's business as usual. I will be trying to do the best for my players to go out on the pitch and express themselves on Saturday. Keep that spirit, see if I can add to it and just keep the good work going."

Odd to describe not meddling with a successful formula as "smart". Far better to come in, change the system and way the team plays to fit in with your own ideas rather than play players in a system that suits them and in a way that they are used to. Being only 6 points behind Alloa at this stage is absolute proof of that.

Yip.

In a similar vein, Jim Spence said on the radio that Hughes' outlook on being appointed was very much 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'.

What a ridiculous approach to adopt when taking over a hitherto successful side where morale is high.

I much prefer the McIntyre model of 'we simply can't carry on like this'. It's been a real thrill watching a new guy put his stamp all over the entire squad.

Tbh Hughes isn't exactly going to say he's going shake it up to mould his image, as that won't go down well with Caley fans but it will be different as he isn't Terry Butcher. McIntyre probably said similar to begin with too.

Tbh Hughes isn't exactly going to say he's going shake it up to mould his image, as that won't go down well with Caley fans but it will be different as he isn't Terry Butcher. McIntyre probably said similar to begin with too.

It's the fact that not aiming to make wholesale changes to something successful, is widely recognised as wise, that's significant.

Punt the dud.

This.

Well that's my interest levels in this disappointment of a season plummeted to their lowest depth.I'm pretty concerned January will see a some Chisholm-esque frittering of money on unnecessary signings.

Or Gusesque signing of useless pals.

He's not getting sacked barring a terrible run of form along with an upturn in Morton and Cowdenbeath's fortunes. I hope the board punt him at the end of season as he isn't the long term option.

In terms of bringing players in, we need someone who has a bit of composure and quality in the final third, hopefully someone in on a loan but I have a bad feeling it will be someone utterly dreadful.

Unless we can extend Clark's loan until the end of the season we need a new keeper. If we persist in playing Russell in the the wide role then I think need another striker would be beneficial.

Of course we could bin McIntyre too, although results have slightly improved of late. Perhaps we should see where we are at the start of the year.

Unless we can extend Clark's loan until the end of the season we need a new keeper. If we persist in playing Russell in the the wide role then I think need another striker would be beneficial.

Of course we could bin McIntyre too, although results have slightly improved of late. Perhaps we should see where we are at the start of the year.

Russell started uptops yesterday but wasnt great just like last time he started upfront, he's better for us wide left when Reilly is upfront as we press a lot more as Reilly does a lot of running compared to lyle

I thought results were improving too, as had some of the performances. But there are just too many questions over McIntyres management that wont go away. Im getting less and less convinced he's the right guy for the job

How can we trust his signings when the 3 he did sign can't get a game and one can't come on when we are losing a cup game.

What sort of message does it send out to the players if he won't use subs when we are losing a game.

Indeed. I cant imagine what Kev D and Slattery are thinking this morning after watching McShane run around like a little boy lost and giving the ball away time after time.