The Queen of the South thread

I still support the club have bought a few Xmas presents for family from the club shop. Have been to about 80% of the games so far this season and I know I won't stay away for long. But I will definitely not attend over the Xmas period unless this idiot starts picking his best players and stop showing favouritism to someone who is clearly never in a million years good enough for this level. When money is tight I will choose my games carefully and fuel to Dumfries and £20 to watch us play players out of position and lose to Falkirk and Livingston is not really appealing. I think of we lost both and the teams below us pick up points we will act quickly. Hope I'm right as he is useless.

It's not about not supporting the club, they clearly do. There is more to supporting a club than just doing so blindly.

I am glad that I didn't stop attending Queens games every time I was pissed off about something regarding them . Would have had to get myself something else to do from 1977 onwards.

If we lose on Saturday (or even if it is just the usual turgid shite) the "crowd" for the Livi game could well be less than 1,000.

calm down, I don't think in the worst days of the Gus Era the crowd was still over 1100, and I agree with JR that there would have been Non League crowds if everyone left after getting pissed off about Willie Harkness.

Edited by Sloop John B

calm down, I don't think in the worst days of the Gus Era the crowd was still over 1100, and I agree with JR that there would have been Non League crowds if everyone left after getting pissed off about Willie Harkness.

Yes, but when Gus was here we didn't have a home game 4 days before Xmas. And people didn't get as cheesed off as they are now because everybody knew from the start of the season that we were shite. This time the manager has taken a decent squad and made it rubbish. That has an effect on the mindset of a lot of fans.

The crowds in the latter part of the Harkness era were around the 400 mark. So not "everyone" stopped going, but the majority did, which is the only reason why anything changed.

Edited by Flash

The real 'excitement' will come next season . This is now just about making sure the team is in this league and I am sure they will be . Extraordinary circumstances will see the rangers and Hearts in the Championship along with possibly two or three from Dunfermilne , St. Mirren , Kilmarnock and Dundee. Big bucks whatever way you look at it and there will be a few ' cup finals' come the end of the season with teams desperate to stay up. I wouldn't wish JM to be the man next season ( too many daft, inexplicaple decisions ) but time will tell.

Edited by JRS LEFT PEG

Yes, but when Gus was here we didn't have a home game 4 days before Xmas. And people didn't get as cheesed off as they are now because everybody knew from the start of the season that we were shite. This time the manager has taken a decent squad and made it rubbish. That has an effect on the mindset of a lot of fans.

The crowds in the latter part of the Harkness era were around the 400 mark. So not "everyone" stopped going, but the majority did, which is the only reason why anything changed.

Yeah but I'd say the utterly woeful football and general doom and gloom knowing that we were doomed pretty early on (and also almost going bust the year before) from the Gus era is just a tad worse than currently bobbing about in midtable.

Yeah but I'd say the utterly woeful football and general doom and gloom knowing that we were doomed pretty early on (and also almost going bust the year before) from the Gus era is just a tad worse than currently bobbing about in midtable.

Of course its worse. That doesnt mean, though, that this season isnt any less disappointing. Expectations were, rightly, higher and at the moment we're a long way short of those expectations. Its also abundantly clear where the blame for that lies.

Ok, but we're arguing over the difference between 1,100 and 999.

Whether I'm right about the sub-1,000 fans in the home end or not, the combination of losing to Falkirk and the proximity of Xmas will produce a home crowd even lower than the 1,100 or so who bothered going to the Accies cup game. The only thing that might prop up the crowd is that there will be season ticket holders who bought them in anticiaption of watching some decent football.

Imo the football this season has been woeful for the most part. 4 goals in the last 6 home league games kind of confirms that.

And the record so far at home is 8 points from 7 games; For 8 Against 8. Under Gus it was 11 points; F 10 A 7. So McIntyre's home record is actually worse than Gus's.

Of course its worse. That doesnt mean, though, that this season isnt any less disappointing. Expectations were, rightly, higher and at the moment we're a long way short of those expectations. Its also abundantly clear where the blame for that lies.

It is frustrating and I'm not pretending that McIntyre is anything other than a stubborn buffoon, I was meaning that it isn't really as boycottable, as a dreary season of utter despair knowing that It wasn't going to get better or the board's "I know what you did 2 summers ago" moment there was nothing to look forward to.

At least this year is still something to hold onto that it could all click and we go on a run regardless of the mouth breather of a manager. But from the period between Floodlights going out to Gus getting sacked, there was absolutely nothing to look forward to.

It was more frustrating watching Brannigan's team (That had more talented players at the time than the current side) give up on the club. The current team works very hard for each other and put up a good fight almost every game and get a lot more stick than the mercenary's ever got.

This season has been an epic fail.We should be aiming for top 4 not bobbing about mid table.We need shot of the bam in charge.

Major overreaction there . Whats the difference between fourth and mid table ? One place maybe . This season is not turning out great but thats ridiculous to say you are staying away. There has been far , far worse .

It is frustrating and I'm not pretending that McIntyre is anything other than a stubborn buffoon, I was meaning that it isn't really as boycottable, as a dreary season of utter despair knowing that It wasn't going to get better or the board's "I know what you did 2 summers ago" moment there was nothing to look forward to.

At least this year is still something to hold onto that it could all click and we go on a run regardless of the mouth breather of a manager. But from the period between Floodlights going out to Gus getting sacked, there was absolutely nothing to look forward to.

It was more frustrating watching Brannigan's team (That had more talented players at the time than the current side) give up on the club. The current team works very hard for each other and put up a good fight almost every game and get a lot more stick than the mercenary's ever got.

I agree. I wasnt necessarily defending any decision to boycott.

Major overreaction there . Whats the difference between fourth and mid table ? One place maybe . This season is not turning out great but thats ridiculous to say you are staying away. There has been far , far worse .

Over-reaction it may be. However, your attitude of expectation is a rather dangerous one, but one many football fans and directors subscribe to. Football clubs have no right to expect fans to turn up.

No offence intended but I think all of the teams in the top 4 have better teams than Queens.

Probably. Right now Queens have a better team than Queens. Several teams we played last season had better teams than we did. However, we had a manager who could get more out of the team than the total ability of the players, thats what good managers do. If we had the same this season theres no reason we shouldnt be challenging for top four.

Edited by Mr X

I am not happy with the product therefore I am choosing to stay away.If you are happy then go.It may have escaped your notice but top 4 equals a play off place.

Yeh , ok , stay away . This feted fourth place must be all of about two or three wins away in a league of ordinary teams . Impossible obviously .