The Queen of the South thread

Dan Orsi released. Looked a great prospect when he initially hit the first team. Set back by bad knee injury away to Stirling.

Best of luck to him.

link http://www.qosfc.com/new_newsview.aspx?newsid=2134

Not disappointed in all honesty. Other than 2 cracking performances against the then worst team in the league (Stirling) he never really impressed me.

Good luck to him. I imagine he'll be at Annan next or a team around that level.

Dan Orsi released. Looked a great prospect when he initially hit the first team. Set back by bad knee injury away to Stirling.

Best of luck to him.

link http://www.qosfc.com/new_newsview.aspx?newsid=2134

Good luck to the lad, think he will be playing at the right level now, never really impressed me. Edited by SUPERSOUTH

Yep, Orsi never really seemed to get going.

Each time I saw him I was awaiting this blistering pace I'd heard of but it never materialised, ball control wasn't the best either.

Still, all the best to him.

When Orsi broke into what was a pretty poor Queens team he looked a real prospect. He had genuine pace, and the over-confidence of youth that meant he wasn't scared to run at defenders. He didn't seem to posses any great skill, but at this level pace is often enough. Ability-wise he was probably on a par with Holt when he first broke into the team, and look where coaching and playing games has taken him.

Unlike Holt, who has cemented his place in the first team, and become more than just a "raw talent", unfortunately for Orsi he suffered a horrific injury. This not only robbed him of his confidence (his strongest asset IMO), but also at least a year of development. He has rightfully found first team opportunities hard to come by, and on the odd occasion he has played, he has looked like a lost little boy and horrifically out of his depth. A bit like a certain Mr McShane.

I think this decision makes sense for all parties. There is no doubt his career has stalled at Queens, but there are certainly signs that he can still make a career out of football, I hope he does. It must stick in his craw a little seeing McShane playing regularly and earning a new contract. To be honest when I saw McShane had got a new contract I was a bit upset that I wasn't offered one, and I'm shocking at football.

Even with the other Dan having a terrible season Orsi has found himself nowhere near the first XI so I suppose the writing has been on the wall for him for a while.

Kevin Dz , in instead of McShane ,had a good game yesterday . Still a young guy getting used to our football and feel he complements McKenna well. Has undoubted potential with his passing ability.

Que an away win and a clean sheet Slowly but surely McIntyre is beginning to "get it"!

Que an away win and a clean sheet Slowly but surely McIntyre is beginning to "get it"!

Lets hope so pal but by f**k its painful getting there .Wouldn't have too many faults with his line up yesterday . Horses for courses and I think Lyle was the correct starter as better than Reilly at holding ball up against the wind. Edited by JRS LEFT PEG

A lucky win and now he's getting it?

If that was a 'lucky' win then there has been plenty of 'lucky' wins against us this season as well. We never looked like losing, went in front and with the onus on them to put us under pressure , they couldn't. The re-introduction of Paton and Dz has been a step in the right direction , even if an obvious one for a while to most. Edited by JRS LEFT PEG

It must stick in his craw a little seeing McShane playing regularly and earning a new contract. To be honest when I saw McShane had got a new contract I was a bit upset that I wasn't offered one, and I'm shocking at football.

:lol:

Good one.

On the subject of Orsi, although a good athlete, I just don't think he's quite a tidy enough footballer to make it at this level. He's a nice lad by all accounts though and I hope he can get a deal elsewhere. Annan might seem a likely destination following last season's lone spell, but I don't know if he'd be considered necessary right now.

A lucky win and now he's getting it?

I'm not McIntyre's biggest fan but a win is a win. I would rather take a lucky win any day over a glorious defeat, would you not?!!

He has slowly realised what his strongest back 4 is and that we needed a keeper. It was all pretty obvious to us punters standing watching what was required but unfortunately we do not pick the team.

The next step in that progression is sorting out the midfield which he is also beginning to address. At least now he is starting to pick our strongest starting 11 even if he has somewhat stumbled across it......better late than never. Let's just hope he sticks with it!!!!

C'mon the South.

I'm not McIntyre's biggest fan but a win is a win. I would rather take a lucky win any day over a glorious defeat, would you not?!!

He has slowly realised what his strongest back 4 is and that we needed a keeper. It was all pretty obvious to us punters standing watching what was required but unfortunately we do not pick the team.

The next step in that progression is sorting out the midfield which he is also beginning to address. At least now he is starting to pick our strongest starting 11 even if he has somewhat stumbled across it......better late than never. Let's just hope he sticks with it!!!!

C'mon the South.

C'mon the South.

Great post Mustafa . This 110%. Edited by JRS LEFT PEG