The Queen of the South thread

You're not. We kicked off in the first half, which means Cowden in fact won the toss and chose to switch ends.

That's what I thought in the first place. And having watched Mr Goo's video for confirmation you're right (and I was right). We did kick off. Which means Cowden won the toss and chose the ends.

You're not. We kicked off in the first half, which means Cowden in fact won the toss and chose to switch ends.

I've always wondered about this. What are you tossing coin for? Does who ever win toss get to chosse either kick off or which way to shoot? If you win toss does other team get to decide which way to shoot first half.

Why i ask is last week against Livingston Queens lined up to shoot into Terregles Street end as usual in first half. After toss was completed we had swapped ends, now shooting into Portland Road end and Livingston had kick off. Seemed strange to me or was the wind a big factor.

Traditionally Queens always seem to shoot into Portland Road end in second half and there is always a big groan when they change ends for first half. Do the Stats actually show we have a poor record shotting into Portland Road end first half compared with the other way round about

I've always wondered about this. What are you tossing coin for? Does who ever win toss get to chosse either kick off or which way to shoot? If you win toss does other team get to decide which way to shoot first half.

Winners of the toss get to choose ends. Losers get first half kick off. They dont get to choose otherwise. If we kicked off first half yesterday (and we did) then we lost the toss and Cowden chose ends. Edited by Skyline Drifter

Winners of the toss get to choose ends. Losers get first half kick off. They dont get to choose otherwise. If we kicked off first half yesterday (and we did) then we lost the toss and Cowden chose ends.

Therefore it's me who needs to apologise then.

Winners of the toss get to choose ends. Losers get first half kick off. They dont get to choose otherwise. If we kicked off first half yesterday (and we did) then we lost the toss and Cowden chose ends.

So in that case Queens must have decided to change ends last week against Livingston

Regards tossing the coin, I've often thought that this should be done before the teams come out then they can go to the right ends when they run out. The captains and referee could meet in the tunnel or referee's room to do this. The mascots could still lead the teams out and have their photographs taken to mark their big day but the game would be ready to start right away.

Whose decision is it if you win the toss? I have always thought that it was the captain's decision, perhaps after previously consulting with his keeper and other team-mates, as to which way to kick if they won the toss. Is McIntyre being a control freak if he wants to make the decision or should it rightly be his decision because he sets the tactics?

On a different matter, both Calum Antell and Grant Adams, Cowden's goalkeeper, had pre-season trials with Queens before Antell was chosen to sign. Judging by yesterdays showing it wouldn't matter which one was chosen we would have started the season with a dodgy keeper. Thankfully the situation has now improved with Zander here for the rest of the season, although he is still capable of the producing the odd "hands over the eyes" moment.

Would you like this team to get into the SPL ?

No. I'd like it to be relegated so that I can come on here and say I was right about McIntyre.

Is this a trick question?

Of course I would like promotion. And, of course, if "this team" was promoted, it would need to be strengthened considerably.

So, yes, I would like "this team" to be promoted to the Premiership and then strengthened so it could stay there. As every promoted team tries to do.

I kind of thought that the idea of competing in a league is to finish as high as possible. And if that meant being promoted via the play-offs, then I'm wondering who would turn that down.

Regards tossing the coin, I've often thought that this should be done before the teams come out then they can go to the right ends when they run out. The captains and referee could meet in the tunnel or referee's room to do this. The mascots could still lead the teams out and have their photographs taken to mark their big day but the game would be ready to start right away.

Whose decision is it if you win the toss? I have always thought that it was the captain's decision, perhaps after previously consulting with his keeper and other team-mates, as to which way to kick if they won the toss. Is McIntyre being a control freak if he wants to make the decision or should it rightly be his decision because he sets the tactics?

It's not really any single person's decision. The Captain meets in the middle as it's his role, but on decision of which half to start with it's not really entirely his decision. The other week I had made the decision purely because the sun would have been in my eyes in the first half but would have been gone by the 2nd (I'm a GK). Things like that and wind conditions will normally affect which side to start at. If the weather isn't a factor then I think having kick-off is far more important.