The Queen of the South thread

We looked pretty sharp first half. The goal came from a great move down the right and in the quarter hour before half time we could have had another 4 or 5. Kidd failed to score when clean through on goal. Paton hit side net from close range. Baird hit the bar with one effort, forced a fine close range save from Mitchell with another and also tried a good chip that Mitchell got back to clutch on his line.

Second half much more even. Annan probably just about shaded it but only had one chance of note when a mistake saw them get a run at goal. Mitch got back to hold them up though.

This,

No Russell, Danny, Lyle, Burns, McShane, McKenna, Kerr or Dowie, some experience missing there.

Russell has food poisoning. Danny pulled muscle in back. Burns is out for couple weeks. Not sure about kerr dowie lyle.

Heard zander is included in st johnstons europa league squad ??

Dowie was listed in the subs. Kerr and Lyle were both there last night training before the match

Kerr had a knock from previous game. Considering basically a whole midfield was missing I was pretty happy with what I seen last night. Impressed by Baird as well.

Special mention to the young boys who came on last night. Thought they did very well and didn't hide got stuck in, impressed.

He didn't play, that's why we only conceded one goal and not about 5.

Bad enough that you are giving him a spot on the bench. You better hope you are only offering him some facilities. Worst goalkeeper to ever play at this level.

Edited by Broony88

Very happy with the draw against Elgin.

Only 3 weeks away :thumsup2

Just like every so often you get a craving for a curry and you just have to have one!

Well, I have got that same craving for a competitive game at Palmy.

Very happy with the draw against Elgin.

Only 3 weeks away :thumsup2

Just like every so often you get a craving for a curry and you just have to have one!

Well, I have got that same craving for a competitive game at Palmy.

Three weeks until competitive game v Elgin but two until we play livi the weekend before.

Does anyone know if the changing rooms at The Arena are functioning?

I was under the impression that they weren't, but a friend of mine has spoken to someone this morning who was working on them and apparently they've been ready for weeks!

Does any one know what's happening with the main stand heard months ago they were going to knock it down and build a bigger one? Any one heard this or was I dreaming about it.

Does any one know what's happening with the main stand heard months ago they were going to knock it down and build a bigger one? Any one heard this or was I dreaming about it.

Theres never been any plans announced to replace the main stand. The changing rooms and lounge have/are being done up and the hospitality seating has been extended.

Theres never been any plans announced to replace the main stand. The changing rooms and lounge have/are being done up and the hospitality seating has been extended.

Noticed the hospitality box has been slightly extended by approx 25% but where are they going to fit these people in the upstairs lounge area ? As you say they're renovating it right now but can't think how it's possible to fit more bodies in ......!!!!!