The Queen of the South thread

To be fair I thought McIntyre did pretty well and our form from Christmas onwards highlights that.Some fans never warmed to him but there are a lot worse managers out there than him. I'm pretty disappointed with the timing as we were looking good so far this season in the league but at least we have a good squad to work with. So hopefully someone good will take up the job.

But in the meantime. Does that mean the dream team of Fowler and Billy Dodds are in charge?

I only got back from Germany late last night so to say I'm a bit surprised by this is an understatement.

It's not going to prompt celebrations on the same level as when Dundee took Gordon Chisholm off our hands, but my initial reaction isn't that of huge disappointment. Surprise and annoyance are probably closer to the mark. On the one hand I think it would be quite easy to find a replacement who is as good, or potentially better than McIntyre. He's not set the bar so high that that is an unrealistic expectation. He did have us ticking over reasonably well though, and any new managerial appointment has its issues.

I disagreed strongly with those that said Johnston leaving for Kilmarnock was a sideways move, and a poor decision. I think a similar view this time round could hold some weight though. It's disappointing to find out that Ross County is a bigger pull than us. I also think it kind of shows the disdain our wee diddy club is held in that taking us to fourth place is viewed as a good enough achievement to be worthy of a move up a division.

Looking back at some of the stuff that was said when McIntyre was appointed: maybe his departure shouldn't be viewed as too much of a shock.

Some never took to McIntyre as he wasn't a fawning clown who claimed to love all things DAFC. I always liked the fact he was a wee bit aloof - you got the sense he was a ruthless guy on a mission to do well for himself. His teams (in the First at least) seemed to bounce back well from setbacks. Glad to see him back in charge of a club.

As for my own opinion, I'm a little disappointed he's left, as I was just beginning to warm to the bloke after his poor start last season. However, there's little you can do to stand in someone's way when a Premiership club comes calling, and there's no lack of available and attractive candidates to replace him. I just hope that, whoever the next incumbent will be, can take the club's solid foundations and move forward.

Link not working on my phone either Mr X. Sends my phone into a seizure! What's the website?

I can't say I'm disappointed with his departure although perhaps the timing. It's a good squad the next man will be inheriting so hopefully the board get the decision correct and we can move on quickly. I haven't seen the list yet but SSN have reported that Dodds is away with McIntyre so surely he is thankfully out of the running?

I only got back from Germany late last night so to say I'm a bit surprised by this is an understatement.

It's not going to prompt celebrations on the same level as when Dundee took Gordon Chisholm off our hands, but my initial reaction isn't that of huge disappointment. Surprise and annoyance are probably closer to the mark. On the one hand I think it would be quite easy to find a replacement who is as good, or potentially better than McIntyre. He's not set the bar so high that that is an unrealistic expectation. He did have us ticking over reasonably well though, and any new managerial appointment has its issues.

I disagreed strongly with those that said Johnston leaving for Kilmarnock was a sideways move, and a poor decision. I think a similar view this time round could hold some weight though. It's disappointing to find out that Ross County is a bigger pull than us. I also think it kind of shows the disdain our wee diddy club is held in that taking us to fourth place is viewed as a good enough achievement to be worthy of a move up a division.

Whit???? You have to go back a good few years to find a time when they weren't a bigger draw than Queens. Jesus Aitch, they are a bigger draw than everyone in this league other than the big three.

I don't think there's any disdain shown towards QotS. Where exactly do you think you were expecting to finish last season? Ahead of Dundee with revenue and attendances far in excess of double what you could muster? Ahead of a Hamilton side awash with the kind of revenue unknown at this level of Scottish football? Or maybe Falkirk who even with a turgid four years behind them, still saw crowds 70% higher than yours (as well as significant transfer revenues). You fully punched your weight last season, and bettered those with similar attendances, and the one that always overspends.

Now, for one year only, the revenue differences have all but disappeared, and you're welcome to indulge in a wee splattercash season if you so choose. But if you are genuinely "surprised" that Ross County are currently a bigger draw than QotS, you have to have been sleep walking your way around Scottish football for a good few years.

Link not working on my phone either Mr X. Sends my phone into a seizure! What's the website?

I can't say I'm disappointed with his departure although perhaps the timing. It's a good squad the next man will be inheriting so hopefully the board get the decision correct and we can move on quickly. I haven't seen the list yet but SSN have reported that Dodds is away with McIntyre so surely he is thankfully out of the running?

Bet Victor, I think. I posted an alternative link in another post.

Yes, Dodds has gone with McIntyre