The Queen of the South thread

Durnan & Higgins are both available for the cowdenbeath game next sat who will be the likely player to miss out to accommodate them?

Will we maybe revert back to 3 at the back and keep all 5 of Kidd Holt Dowie Higgins & Durnan in the team?

Mckenna did will covering at centre back today good to see him get 90 mins in.

Team for next sat then?

Good read in today,s Sun Goals. Des McKeown saying how far Queens have come in the 20 years since he was at the club.

As shite as The Sun is, their coverage of Scottish football is impressive, and to my knowledge, unrivalled. BBC is bog standard and the Record etc barely mention anything over than Celtic/Rangers.

Clark

Dowie Durnan Higgins

Kidd Millar Mcshane Holt

Paton

Reilly. Lyle

This would also be my preferred team. We need to get Lyle and Reilly back together up top, after all they are currently the leagues most potent strike force.

Russell should be dropped and told to stop his pathetic antics.

Antics plural?

He had a really good first half yesterday but faded a bit in the second. If Fowler is considering dropping it should be for that reason.

We got a lot of crosses in yesterday playing with Russell and Carmichael as more traditional wingers, but without Lyle on the park we have zero aerial threat so it was a bit pointless.

If we stick with 4-4-2 then Lyle has to come in for Paton, which would be tough on him. Obviously one of our defenders would miss out too.

The formation Broony posted is the best way of getting our current best XI players on the pitch IMO. Tough on Carmichael and Russell though.

Good problems for Fowler to have.

This would also be my preferred team. We need to get Lyle and Reilly back together up top, after all they are currently the leagues most potent strike force.Russell should be dropped and told to stop his pathetic antics.

Danny and Russell can count themselves unlucky but the latters attitude seems to be declining. As much as we would like to think he is ready Aiden Smith is still a long way away from starting but can make an impact from the bench. Still got Burns and McKenna to bolster the midfield when required and while Paton has declined slightly he can still make an impact.

Danny and Russell can count themselves unlucky but the latters attitude seems to be declining.

How exactly is it declining? He's always been a sneaky player looking for fouls and throw ins, as not tracking back and just being very hot and cold. Everyone knows what you are getting with him?

How exactly is it declining? He's always been a sneaky player looking for fouls and throw ins, as not tracking back and just being very hot and cold. Everyone knows what you are getting with him?

Nail on head. Yes it was daft yesterday but cant think of anything to suggest his attitudes declined/declining.

Of course he has always been the same but I can't really remember our own fans turning to the messageboards to register their disgust before. I clearly said his attitude has declined not his performances. He has now sunk to a low where even his own fans are beginning to dislike his behaviour.

Same team wouldn't bother me, but I'd expect Higgins to come in for McKenna. Kidd and Carmichael were immense. Holty played much better with Russell ahead of him. Don't think Durnan could complain about being on the bench - he's been outshone by Dowie and Higgins recently.

Edited by Del.

Same team for me. Kidd and Carmichael were immense. Holty played much better with Russell ahead of him. Don't think Durnan could complain about being on the bench - he's been outshone by Dowie and Higgins recently.

To be fair to Durnan (coz I love the guy and class it as blasphemy should he be slated :P) he really doesn't suit a 3 at the back. He's far better suited as a CB in a back 2 :)

Same team for me. Kidd and Carmichael were immense. Holty played much better with Russell ahead of him. Don't think Durnan could complain about being on the bench - he's been outshone by Dowie and Higgins recently.

To be fair to Durnan (coz I love the guy and class it as blasphemy should he be slated :P) he really doesn't suit a 3 at the back. He's far better suited as a CB in a back 2 :)

Aye, I love big Durns too. I just think Dowser and Higgins have been playing better than him recently. I meant to say that I'd bring Higgins in for McKenna, but I wouldn't complain if the dog started. He was solid bar one moment where he missed the ball and Raith had a chance to score.