The Queen of the South thread

Top bit of skill.

Only one real concern is Loy. Muirhead played in front of Duffie who is injured and did well today. I hear Loy is improving how quickly - no idea

I was meaning who was going to be injured for us. You're usually the man to go to for such scoops.

I now reckon that if we can avoid defeat against Falkirk and win our last three, it'll probably be enough, even if we lose to Rangers.

All of these things are more easily said than done of course, but a route to the play-offs now looks clearer than it did after we lost at Raith.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Paton off injured today the injuries are mounting up again any word on how long it'll be until Russell Millar or Burns will be back in the squad could do with the experience back for the remaining fixtures.

I now reckon that if we can avoid defeat against Falkirk and win our last three, it'll probably be enough, even if we lose to Rangers.

All of these things are more easily said than done of course, but a route to the play-offs now looks clearer than it did after we lost at Raith.

A great result today, particularly as Falkirk won too. Thursday will be a big test as McCall seems to have turned things round for Rangers and we are down to the bare bones with injuries.

I think we will need to beat Falkirk if we are to make the play-offs. Mind you, Hibs could go into a death spiral much like last season and finish fifth.

Whatever happens an exciting end to the season bekons.

A great result today, particularly as Falkirk won too. Thursday will be a big test as McCall seems to have turned things round for Rangers and we are down to the bare bones with injuries.

I think we will need to beat Falkirk if we are to make the play-offs. Mind you, Hibs could go into a death spiral much like last season and finish fifth.

Whatever happens an exciting end to the season bekons.

If we lose to Rangers, following a Falkirk win at Livingston, we'll be five back. A draw with Falkirk will maintain that gap.

That leaves us with three winnable (though eminently drawable and loseable too) games left. Even if Falkirk take four points from their closing games against Rangers and Hibs - an excellent return - the likelihood is that goal difference would still leave them behind us if we could get nine points out of nine at the end.

I think that today's result, coupled with Falkirk's defeat at Dumbarton, has given us a margin for error again that had previously seemed to evaporate.

I've got to say that I wouldn't be vastly confident of winning those last three, but doing so might now at least matter, so long as we don't lose at home to Falkirk.

Paton off injured today the injuries are mounting up again any word on how long it'll be until Russell Millar or Burns will be back in the squad could do with the experience back for the remaining fixtures.

I thought you were the one who always give the news on injuries, no?

Think if we win at livi and you lot lose to sevco allied to us winning at palmerston i still wouldnt back us, you have on paper an easier run in, i think it could go right to the wire, a defeat for us against livi or you lot or both would be a disaster.!

Guest Back Post Misses

If we lose to Rangers, following a Falkirk win at Livingston, we'll be five back. A draw with Falkirk will maintain that gap.That leaves us with three winnable (though eminently drawable and loseable too) games left. Even if Falkirk take four points from their closing games against Rangers and Hibs - an excellent return - the likelihood is that goal difference would still leave them behind us if we could get nine points out of nine at the end.I think that today's result, coupled with Falkirk's defeat at Dumbarton, has given us a margin for error again that had previously seemed to evaporate.I've got to say that I wouldn't be vastly confident of winning those last three, but doing so might now at least matter, so long as we don't lose at home to Falkirk.

You seem to forget Hibs are imploding. A chance now we both could finish in the play offs.

You seem to forget Hibs are imploding. A chance now we both could finish in the play offs.

I've not forgotten, but as I said on another thread, I think it's very unlikely that we both catch Hibs, especially given the fact that we've still to play each other.

If hibs didn't have Cowden at home still to come I would maybe buy into this but will only take 4 or 5 from now til end of season to secure top 4. Can't see them not getting that tbh.

He mentioned something that was published in a newspaper. I really don't understand your issue with that post?

Didn't say I had an issue, I just asked if he wasn't usually the one who give out the news on injuries. He seems to be in the know and posts things early before they are public kknowledge.

Guest Back Post Misses

If hibs didn't have Cowden at home still to come I would maybe buy into this but will only take 4 or 5 from now til end of season to secure top 4. Can't see them not getting that tbh.

They don't have Cowdenbeath to play.

Dumbarton, Alloa, Livingston, Hearts and Falkirk left

Edited by Back Post Misses

The teams Hibs have recently lost narrowly to, are considerably stronger than the first three on that list. I can't see them continuing to lose to be honest.

Neither they do. I got muddled it was yourselves that had the midweek game at home to Cowden. Still see them getting enough points with those fixtures left.