The Queen of the South thread

Guest Back Post Misses

The teams Hibs have recently lost narrowly to, are considerably stronger than the first three on that list. I can't see them continuing to lose to be honest.

When the pressure is on nothing can be taken for granted. For us to make the top 4 I believe we have to take a min of 8 points now to be sure. Anything less our inferior goal difference will cost us probably.

My prediction of points that will be gained are

Rangers 13 more

Hibs 8 more

QOS 8 more

Falkirk 5 more

Finishing points

Sevco 68

Hibs 63

QOS 58

Falkirk 57

That would mean QOS in 4th. Your result yesterday means we probably have to win in Dumfries (I think it will be a draw). If it is a draw we need to beat Hibs or Rangers. Personally think 1 point from the two games is our max. If we do win one of our last three (preferably next Sunday) we will finish fourth I think.

Going to be tight though.

Edited by Back Post Misses

They don't have Cowdenbeath to play.

Dumbarton, Alloa, Livingston, Hearts and Falkirk left

Hibs this midweek away to Dumbarton may tell us a little where Hibs are, Alloa and maybe Livingston still in the relegation fight and our game against them may turn out a grudge match after the semi.

I would laugh more if Hibs sunk again this season, I can't see it but 3 defeats on the trot and a draw perhaps this midweek and then the Edinburgh derby, the pressure will be mounting in the league and towards our semi...

I loved Alan Stubbs greety interview yesterday on radio Scotland yesterday.

Ok then looks like Paton will be ok for Thur, Russell back training Prob make bench along with Millar, Burns another week yet.

Cheers, thanks for the info. So hopefully near enough a full squad for next Sunday, unless we pick up any others in the mean time.

Didn't say I had an issue, I just asked if he wasn't usually the one who give out the news on injuries. He seems to be in the know and posts things early before they are public kknowledge.

Didn't say I had an issue, I just asked if he wasn't usually the one who give out the news on injuries. He seems to be in the know and posts things early before they are public kknowledge.

It's amazing what he & others find out on Twitter from official sources ;)

One of my worries for Sun game is the possibility of sending off. I think it will be a highly charged match that could end in some over zealous tackles. Not only would this be a disaster for the match but could have an impact on the run in. Hope Fowler stresses the importance of 11 men staying on the pitch.

One of my worries for Sun game is the possibility of sending off. I think it will be a highly charged match that could end in some over zealous tackles. Not only would this be a disaster for the match but could have an impact on the run in. Hope Fowler stresses the importance of 11 men staying on the pitch.

You're right it will be, or should be, a highly charged match considering what's at stake but I certainly don't want Queens players to stand back admiring Falkirk's play for fear of giving away fouls and potentially being booked or worse. We need to be right in about them, putting in tackles and defending as far up the park as possible. We have enough skillful players to win this match, my concern is do we have enough players with the appetite to get stuck in.

I see Mannus has signed a new 2 year deal at St Johnstone, reckon they would let Zander come to us full time?

He still has another year on his contact with them, I doubt they'd let him go for nothing. Of course, Zander himself might push for another season long loan then decide to move on if Mannus isn't going anywhere.

I see Hearts have announced they won't be renewing Adam Eckersley's contract. I wonder if that could be a possible destination for Kevin Holt?

Don't see Holt going to Hearts, but I wouldn't mind Eckersley at Queens.

Don't see Holt going to Hearts, but I wouldn't mind Eckersley at Queens.

Why not? They were reputed to have shown interest in Durnan and Holt is of a similar standard (better in my opinion but not by much).

I doubt we could afford Eckersley's wages.

More good news coming out of Palmy today with us taking over the running of the King George V facility. It increases the clubs assets and should provide a facility that will benefit the club and the community.

Presumably we will remove the existing surface and lay a 3G pitch at some point in the future. I think I'm still digging out sand from my knees having played on the current shocking surface a number of times.

With adequate changing facilities and a gym I wonder if this will become our full-time home certainly for the youth teams anyway?

Edited by palmy_cammy

Quite an interesting move with a lot of potential to be an incredible asset for a club our size over time, the place badly needs some investment seeing as the council have neglected it for a while now. Hopefully it doesn't end up as a black hole spending

The big pitch is more of a hockey pitch these days but if you could convert that into a 3G then it would be good to train on as well as to rent out to a South of Scotland/Amateur team.

I enjoy the smaller pitch for a kickabout (provided you don't fall over) but I'd imagine Queens will make that a similar set up to the arena and have multiple smaller pitches on a non lethal surface (Edinburgh university has a few tiny pitches at their facility)

There's quite a bit of land around it (weren't the council trying to build some sort of learning village there?) suppose you could either build somewhere for local businesses to set up as the main building is a too small or more pitches depending on the demand.

With Queens record at taking over things left obsolete by time and useless local authorities, am I able to bet on Queens buying DGOne in my lifetime? ;)

I've always found the smaller pitch to be an odd size. It feels like it is almost as wide as it is long. I'm not sure it is big enough to be split down much. I suppose it could be used by the very youngest age groups.

I'm pretty sure the MUGA at Sandside was operated from KGV as well. I'm not sure how regularly it is used since the Arena opened, but it's another asset in our vastly increasing empire!

I had the exact same thought regarding DGOne! :lol: It's a shame they demolished the old swimming pool, with a roof that size it would have made a good indoor football pitch for those that enjoy a Jim Thomson-esque clearance, something you are rather restricted with in the Arena.

Your correct Sloop, the area around KGV has been earmarked for the 'learning hub' as part of the Dumfries Learning town proposals. Early plans suggest a reasonably sized facility with perhaps hundreds of pupils using the resource daily - may present increased marketing opportunities for Queens in time, or even revenue from school / council use.

Guest Back Post Misses

Why not? They were reputed to have shown interest in Durnan and Holt is of a similar standard (better in my opinion but not by much).

I doubt we could afford Eckersley's wages.

Holt is a top player IMO. Not sure Durnan is quite the player he was last season. Seems better in a back 4 than a 3 to me.