The Queen of the South thread

Ha, ha. My favourite was your clown avatar of Chisholm.

I mind I got banned from the MAD website for referring to Chisholm as a clown. They'd have had a meltdown if I posted Cammy's picture!!

Nice to see McTwatt back with a bang, and his fishing rod ;)

Ha, ha. My favourite was your clown avatar of Chisholm.

Wildly accurate as his career since has proven.

It's actually nothing like that high when I think about it. Chisholm was the main source of annoyance most of the others served a purpose but just tended to hang around too long after they'd stopped doing so. Gus was obviously hopeless, but that viewpoint isn't controversial.

I was one of the few (the only one?) who liked Brannigan. He was obviously not a long term answer but did a turn for us. I'd imagine his win percentage would be at the top end of the scale.

To me...queens defence has been the difference this season...you never looked under any pressure when a man down at Tfs ...holt still bombing forward ..you tried to win the game with ten men & that takes balls ..queens have been better than us all season & we deserve to be fifth

The emergence of Kidd has turned Mitchell into a luxury we can't really afford.

Kidd is younger, more versatile and has a better injury record than Mitchell. Dowie is also more than capable of slotting in at right back.

It's unfortunate because I like Mitchell, football requires tough calls sometimes though. Fowler hasn't really had a chance to see what he can do which makes him a risky signing.

The juvenile speculation is laughable ! I am embarrassed at the handful of regulars that pass themselves as representatives of QOS fans!

Worst posters on P&B!

That's why Falkirk and Raith posters run rings around you! Not in fancy language but clear real fan response!

Wildly accurate as his career since has proven.

It's actually nothing like that high when I think about it. Chisholm was the main source of annoyance most of the others served a purpose but just tended to hang around too long after they'd stopped doing so. Gus was obviously hopeless, but that viewpoint isn't controversial.

I was one of the few (the only one?) who liked Brannigan. He was obviously not a long term answer but did a turn for us. I'd imagine his win percentage would be at the top end of the scale.

Not in the house at the moment with full access to my stats but in terms of Championship level points per game starting with Connolly (as thats as far as I have been keeping them) then Fowler has the best points per game return, narrowly ahead of McIntyre. I think Brannigan is third from memory.

Of course this doesnt include Allan Johnston who managed only one match at this level which he lost. He has a much better record overall but all his games were a level down.

Considering the opposition Fowler has faced this season the fact that he still has more points per game than anyone else is quite remarkable. We have never finished higher than 4th at this level in post-SPL history but if we manage it this year it will clearly be the best league achievement in my lifetime for me.

Not in the house at the moment with full access to my stats but in terms of Championship level points per game starting with Connolly (as thats as far as I have been keeping them) then Fowler has the best points per game return, narrowly ahead of McIntyre. I think Brannigan is third from memory.

Of course this doesnt include Allan Johnston who managed only one match at this level which he lost. He has a much better record overall but all his games were a level down.

Considering the opposition Fowler has faced this season the fact that he still has more points per game than anyone else is quite remarkable. We have never finished higher than 4th at this level in post-SPL history but if we manage it this year it will clearly be the best league achievement in my lifetime for me.

That's largely fair, but it must be considered in context.

Obviously, many of Connolly's games were at a lower level too and he achieved enough at this one with a part-time team, to be lured to a club with aspirations of reaching the next one.

Reaching 4th in the division this year, given the company, would of course be great.

However, it would place us as 16th in the country, finishing above only one side in our division that's bigger than ours. We'll be behind Rangers and the Edinburgh sides of course, as we normally would be. Bigger clubs like Dunfermline and Morton, had no chance of finishing above us, while comparable ones like Hamilton and those from the Highlands couldn't get below us.

Fourth this season would be terrific, but for me, it would be no better than the similar finishes we achieved in the past, although it's good that a prize of sorts is now on offer.

The juvenile speculation is laughable ! I am embarrassed at the handful of regulars that pass themselves as representatives of QOS fans!

Worst posters on P&B!

That's why Falkirk and Raith posters run rings around you! Not in fancy language but clear real fan response!

post-12169-14287048097085_thumb.jpg