The Queen of the South thread

Doesn't feel right a Saturday with no football.

For a mini football related activity please join the Queens Trust. Memberships for 2015/16 now being taken with a chance to win 1 of 5 season tickets!

Follow link:

http://queenstrust.org/?p=540

Membership drive is of to a great start. We were at 112 memebrs. This is the Queens Trusts 10th anniversary year and it would be great to get up to 150 or even 200 members. Please support the Trust if you can. Only £10 if working £5 all concessions.

Edited by JTulip

The development fee will be minimal for Hilson.

The club though, have just got the best part of 250k in development fees, so I doubt there's much to worry about.

Where did the 250k figure appear from?

Couple of friendlies organised Killie at home tue 14th then Annan away frid 17th,knowing our luck wee'll prob play them in one of the cups early season too.

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

What's your obsession with Paton & McKenna ?[/quote McKenna has now left Queens after 6 years.

He was the kind of player every team needs someone to win the ball in midfield.

Has had injury problems but in the last few games played really well.

So just Paton now to have a obsession with

The loss of Paton for me is no huge loss decent player when fit however we only saw small glimpses of that.

McKenna is the same to an extent based on last season however if would have been good to have him in the squad as he does his job very well indeed.

Yip, that's about the size of it.Morton are probably potentially bigger too (although they're now back with us) and Ayr are currently below where they should be, but the whole point of sport is hopefully that it's not all pre-ordained.As you say, Hamilton are impressively placed, as are the Highland sides, with ICT obviously occupying a particularly elevated position.All things considered, Queens are pretty much tucked into their rightful spot, inasmuch as there is such a place.

I've seen it mentioned it before on here, why do people seem to overstate the size of Ayr? They've been plodding away in the second for what feels like years, both times they've been in the first recently they've not done great.

I've seen it mentioned it before on here, why do people seem to overstate the size of Ayr? They've been plodding away in the second for what feels like years, both times they've been in the first recently they've not done great.

Probably because they're from a fairly big town with a decent potential support if they were ran correctly.

Paton & Mckenna have both done well at Queens in particular Mckenna, never felt Paton showed his true potential, great ball player but too slow and injury prone like Mckenna. Good luck to both, sure we will have suitable replacements. Would habe thot if Paton was such a good player he would have been signef up somewhere by now.

Yes, but you're talking about the quality of the team of late, rather than the size of the club.

Suggesting they're kind of on a par stature wise with us, strikes me as reasonable enough. You're right in that if you have a pretty shit team for long enough, your stature diminishes - nobody knows that better than Queens fans of a certain age.

However, as things stand, Ayr are in the same bracket as us, except for on the pitch.

Dean Smith has turned down an offer from QoS looks like he will be going part time elsewhere, have watched the lad play and think to further his career a move away to a lower league team & a better chance of first team football will help his career,good luck Dean.