The Queen of the South thread

Steven Saunders is training with us according to the Record. Could go either way with him. If he avoids injury which he has had trouble doing in the past he could be an excellent signing. Im guessing the manager is having second thoughts about the guys on trial now as usually a decision would have been made by now. If they had impressed him Im sure they would have been snapped up by now.

Arrived at Palmerston early before the Stranraer game and though I would have a wander round .The place could certainly do with a tidy up ,there is stuff lying about everywhere inside the ground .

Maybe the new sponsor of the Portland road end could supply some skips ?, they could certainly fill a few .

Arrived at Palmerston early before the Stranraer game and though I would have a wander round .The place could certainly do with a tidy up ,there is stuff lying about everywhere inside the ground .

Maybe the new sponsor of the Portland road end could supply some skips ?, they could certainly fill a few .

Ditch the commission to pay for some much needed maintenance :D

Only joking but it desperately needs a good tidy up , in and around the ground .

I remember the days when the fans would help out before the new season started . Change days for some reason :/

3-1 Rangers. Queens 20's are basically under 18s also, wasn't a bad game. Rangers have a three or four absolutely cracking players. Queens did alright, something to build on for them, liked the look of the big centre half beside Dickinson, the left back that came on and Young nelson at left wing has tidy feet.

Whats the latest with Heffernen Gros Hutton and Saunders

Are they still training with us

All quiet on the transfer front hope the gaffer manages to get atleast another couple of players in before the league starts even if it is loanee's.

It looked to me as if we got lucky with an offside flag that didn't appear just ahead of our 2nd goal. Complaints about stoppage time are a bit daft though. The ref was obviously nowhere near blowing for time at the time of the equaliser, as he allowed a couple more minutes after it. There had been enough hold ups in the second half to justify a few minutes, comfortably.

I can understand Annan fans feeling sore about the outcome. They were poised on the edge of a significant result that they probably deserved and then saw it snatched away. I felt a bit sorry for them myself. There was no grave error or injustice involved though.

Anyway, this should really be in the match thread in the Cup section.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Wasn't at today's game but that's 2 cup competitions against apparent lesser opposition and still ain't convincing, why has not changed a couple of the squad? Personally I would play Jacobs or hooper right back and Kidd right mid with conroy in the middle. Also every time I have seen Atkinson play he has been more than reliable to at least get a game against Annan, if the boy leaves next summer then no surprise. Defo need a few more experienced bodies in