The Queen of the South thread

I see that Jamie Adams has signed a six month contract for Ian McCall and Ayr United.

I think Jamie had four different spells with Queens, mostly on loan but suffered a lot of injuries.

Hope the big guy can stay fit and do well for the Honest Men.

I see that Jamie Adams has signed a six month contract for Ian McCall and Ayr United.

I think Jamie had four different spells with Queens, mostly on loan but suffered a lot of injuries.

Hope the big guy can stay fit and do well for the Honest Men.

Was talking about Jamie today . He was brought in on loan by McCall - at Queens - and played a big part in keeping us up when things looked lost. I seen a stat recently about how many senior appearances he had played in the last 6 years or so and it wasn't that many. Big man's injuries have reduced him greatly but let's hope he gets a couple of years injury free at the least.

I feel sorry for Jamie. He had the potential to be a cracking player at a higher level but injuries pretty much put an end to that. It'll be interesting to see how he does at Ayr. Was he not playing Saturday league for Wigtown last season? It's a massive leap from that to League 1.

I feel sorry for Jamie. He had the potential to be a cracking player at a higher level but injuries pretty much put an end to that. It'll be interesting to see how he does at Ayr. Was he not playing Saturday league for Wigtown last season? It's a massive leap from that to League 1.

He was, after 2 years out of the game completely. He left st Johnstone in 2012,but hadn't played since 2011.

I see you had Kyle Hutton and Paul Heffernan on the bench yesterday, surely Fowler isn't going to give deals to those two jokers?

Heffernan agreed,but hutton? Maybe at a decent team like us rather than the sevco he could be ok.

Any chance whoever does the music at Palmerston can turn it off during the game please? It was doing my head in during the 1st half yesterday.

Totally agree with this, it felt extremely amateur and it got me more irritated than it probably should.

On a related note, the club seems to have a wee bit of money on the side now, surely it wouldn't be too much to ask for new speakers in the stands? The current ones are dreadful and it's extremely difficult to make out what's being said with the terrible sound quality.

I never noticed music during the game. I was in the main stand.

If I'd heard it though, I too would have been irritated.

I did for a short time in the first half. It was at quite low volume but still audible. While we're on the subject of music, maybe its time to change what the players come out to and whats played at the end. Theres also a really good mix of stuff pre-match and at half time but we've been using the same "entrance" music and that awful Black Eyed Peas song when we win for an eternity.

I'd take Hutton, as he would improve the squad, but I wouldnt put him straight into the first team. Still not convinced Heffernan is the 3rd striker we need. Fowler said in the latest podcast hes trying to get another bounce game next week to look at some more trialists, so there must be more than those two still under consideration

Totally agree with this, it felt extremely amateur and it got me more irritated than it probably should.

On a related note, the club seems to have a wee bit of money on the side now, surely it wouldn't be too much to ask for new speakers in the stands? The current ones are dreadful and it's extremely difficult to make out what's being said with the terrible sound quality.

The PA system is a joke you cannot hear anything in many parts of the ground .

I did for a short time in the first half. It was at quite low volume but still audible. While we're on the subject of music, maybe its time to change what the players come out to and whats played at the end. Theres also a really good mix of stuff pre-match and at half time but we've been using the same "entrance" music and that awful Black Eyed Peas song when we win for an eternity.

I'd take Hutton, as he would improve the squad, but I wouldnt put him straight into the first team. Still not convinced Heffernan is the 3rd striker we need. Fowler said in the latest podcast hes trying to get another bounce game next week to look at some more trialists, so there must be more than those two still under consideration

Gross is still training too.